Welcome to Detroit Sports Forum!

By joining our community, you'll be able to connect with fellow fans that live and breathe Detroit sports just like you!

Get Started
  • If you are no longer able to access your account since our recent switch from vBulletin to XenForo, you may need to reset your password via email. If you no longer have access to the email attached to your account, please fill out our contact form and we will assist you ASAP. Thanks for your continued support of DSF.

The New Recruiting Thread

Status
Not open for further replies.
Hungry said:
Willie Henry's best offers are Illinois, Syracuse, and Pitt

I used to refrain from making posts like this because we were on espn, so there was a chance that a recruit would read a post like this, but I doubt some recruit found the proboards, so again

are we supposed to be excited about this guy?
He's a project but he is a solid player. Early is his recruitment OSU was about to offer and Iowa is close to offering

Hungry said:

I used to refrain from making posts like this because we were on espn, so there was a chance that a recruit would read a post like this, but I doubt some recruit found the proboards, so again

How many times in that tape did you see the kid run a back down from behind? Don't think I've ever seen 5 star William Campbell do that. Willie plays with some meanness. Watch the parts of the clip when he is on O-line. He's finishing guys. I'm not as excited about Willie as I would be about Shittu. But I'll take him. Watching his tape reminds me of how I felt watching Jake Ryan's high school tape. I remember thinking "that kid is a football player. He really gets after it." If Willie comes to UM and plays to Jake Ryan's level as a RS Frosh, hell yes I'll take it.

alonzomoseley said:
Hungry said:

How many times in that tape did you see the kid run a back down from behind? Don't think I've ever seen 5 star William Campbell do that. Willie plays with some meanness. Watch the parts of the clip when he is on O-line. He's finishing guys. I'm not as excited about Willie as I would be about Shittu. But I'll take him. Watching his tape reminds me of how I felt watching Jake Ryan's high school tape. I remember thinking "that kid is a football player. He really gets after it." If Willie comes to UM and plays to Jake Ryan's level as a RS Frosh, hell yes I'll take it.

I didn't watch the tape. I'm not a very good scout and those tapes are usually a waste of time for me. I agree with your comments about Jake Ryan. I guess what I'm trying to ask is, will this recruit help the image of Michigan's recruiting class? I know that doesn't mean shit when it comes to the football field, but with how this class started out, it has a chance to be ranked very highly. Will adding a 3star DT at the last second help or hurt the national ranking of the recruiting class?

Hungry said:
alonzomoseley said:

I didn't watch the tape. I'm not a very good scout and those tapes are usually a waste of time for me. I agree with your comments about Jake Ryan. I guess what I'm trying to ask is, will this recruit help the image of Michigan's recruiting class? I know that doesn't mean shit when it comes to the football field, but with how this class started out, it has a chance to be ranked very highly. Will adding a 3star DT at the last second help or hurt the national ranking of the recruiting class?

Yeah, I don't know. I assume a 3 star has to bring the ranking down. But maybe not by much since its a big class.

Kozan announcing tonight. We could also get the answer from Reeves and Grant tonight. I hope we can get all 3 but after not getting Garnett I just dont have any confidence in our chances.

alonzomoseley said:
Hungry said:

Yeah, I don't know. I assume a 3 star has to bring the ranking down. But maybe not by much since its a big class.

If he's going to bring down our national recruiting ranking I don't want any part of him..

[color=#551A8B said:
Danny Diggler[/color]]
alonzomoseley said:

If he's going to bring down our national recruiting ranking I don't want any part of him..
Really who cares about the total rankings, we aren't going to be #1 anyway so there is no point.

Maize&blue21 said:
[quote="Danny Diggler":i28wrx03]

Really who cares about the total rankings, we aren't going to be #1 anyway so there is no point.[/quote:i28wrx03]

agreed. if a kid is good in the coaches eyes, i really don't give a fuck what they're ranked. Hoke has already proved he goes after the best, i doubt he'd turn to a 3* guy if he didn't see something in him. Trust in Hoke.

wheels002 said:
Kozan announcing tonight. We could also get the answer from Reeves and Grant tonight. I hope we can get all 3 but after not getting Garnett I just dont have any confidence in our chances.

what time are these announcements expected?

[color=#FF6103 said:
Monster [/color]]
[quote="Maize&blue21":t1lo89ap]Really who cares about the total rankings, we aren't going to be #1 anyway so there is no point.

agreed. if a kid is good in the coaches eyes, i really don't give a fuck what they're ranked. Hoke has already proved he goes after the best, i doubt he'd turn to a 3* guy if he didn't see something in him. Trust in Hoke. [/quote:t1lo89ap]

Rivals/Scout/ESPN > coaching staff

That's what they get paid to do, evaluate talent...

[color=#FF6103 said:
Monster [/color]]
wheels002 said:

I wish i could tell you man, I expect the Reeves one soon and the Kozan one soon as well. Grant could happen at anytime and Muller may decide tonight. Could be commitmas

Maize&blue21 said:
[quote="Monster ":1jljovae]

I wish i could tell you man, I expect the Reeves one soon and the Kozan one soon as well. Grant could happen at anytime and Muller may decide tonight. Could be commitmas[/quote:1jljovae]

so the way i'm reading it is that Kozan is most likely to sign with us?

Wish we had some definite times, these commits would happen. I guess all Hell will break loose Wednesday.

[color=#FF6103 said:
Monster [/color]]
[quote="Maize&blue21":t88zvexi]I wish i could tell you man, I expect the Reeves one soon and the Kozan one soon as well. Grant could happen at anytime and Muller may decide tonight. Could be commitmas

so the way i'm reading it is that Kozan is most likely to sign with us? [/quote:t88zvexi]

I've heard Grant.

[color=#FF6103 said:
Monster [/color]]
[quote="Maize&blue21":5hfdwqef]I wish i could tell you man, I expect the Reeves one soon and the Kozan one soon as well. Grant could happen at anytime and Muller may decide tonight. Could be commitmas

so the way i'm reading it is that Kozan is most likely to sign with us? [/quote:5hfdwqef]I'd bet Iowa but you never know

Reports are out that Reeves will most likely decide in the morning. Grant doesn't look like he will commit either and Muller is a wild card.

[color=#551A8B said:
Danny Diggler[/color]]
[quote="Monster ":tlz2cwaf]

agreed. if a kid is good in the coaches eyes, i really don't give a fuck what they're ranked. Hoke has already proved he goes after the best, i doubt he'd turn to a 3* guy if he didn't see something in him. Trust in Hoke.

Rivals/Scout/ESPN > coaching staff

That's what they get paid to do, evaluate talent...

[/quote:tlz2cwaf]oops i forgot

Maize&blue21 said:
Reports are out that Reeves will most likely decide in the morning. Grant doesn't look like he will commit either and Muller is a wild card.
g

What about Kozan?

dokuley said:
Maize&blue21 said:
g

What about Kozan?
thoughts are either 9 pm or 10 pm tonight.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back