Welcome to Detroit Sports Forum!

By joining our community, you'll be able to connect with fellow fans that live and breathe Detroit sports just like you!

Get Started
  • If you are no longer able to access your account since our recent switch from vBulletin to XenForo, you may need to reset your password via email. If you no longer have access to the email attached to your account, please fill out our contact form and we will assist you ASAP. Thanks for your continued support of DSF.

The New Recruiting Thread

Status
Not open for further replies.
We lost preferred walk on ls Taybor Pepper he got a full scholorship from lil bro. How dare they steal are walk ons lol.

Some people on Mgoblog said be aware of his indecision, and obviously they were right. Oh well, he did the same thing to USC so I guess his last visited school gets him.

Better off having guys who are 100% locked into idea of being Maize 'n' Blue, IMO.

Scout has updated their football rankings and released their final for bball.

Here is the movement for UM fball recruits...

Taco remains a 3 star, but up 5 spots to #30 DE.
Conley down 2 spots to #22 CB.
Dawson gets his 4th star, but drops 1 spot to #10 OG.
Dukes gets his 4th star, but drops 1 spot to #39 WR.
Hill drop 2 spots to #16 TE.
Lewis gets his 4th star and moves up 1 to #23 CB.

**Updated Overall Movement**
Kugler - #29 (down 4)
Deveon - #53 (up 5)
Conley - debuts at #226
Dawson - #265 (down 1)
Dukes - #289 (down 2)

In basketball the bastards have McGary #26, one spot short of a 5 star, and Robinson #29. Stauskus is #88. Doesn't look like the team rankings were updated since it still lists UM with a 5 star.

Allen Trieu says both Florida and USC have visited David Dawson this week and putting in work.

No doubt about it, Shane Morris' snapback will get Cravens to commit to Michigan...

/s

Seriously though. Even know it's not looking good. TomVH still says he really wants to take an unofficial to Michigan. That can only help...

Twitter world saying Su'a is definitely visiting Michigan before his June decision. Time for Mattison and Hoke to work their magic.

Webblog: Fuller, Isaac, Lacouture, & a new/old target...

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------

The Countess Effect
In the aftermath of Kendall Fuller’s strong Michigan visit last weekend many have lamented Michigan’s decision to pass on his high school teammate, Dorian O’Daniel -- the thought being if the Wolverines had stayed on O’Daniel, their chances at Fuller would be even better. Personally I tend to not be one of those that pines for what might have been, especially when there is reason to still be somewhat optimistic. The source for that optimism… Blake Countess. The benefit of Countess’ presence at Michigan as it relates to the pursuit of Fuller can’t be overstated. There is clearly great respect for what Blake has to say among those at Good Counsel... but the respect from the Fullers might be the greatest of them all. When the Fullers were looking for a high school for Kendall to attend, one of the parties they talked to was the Countesses. At the time the Countesses were at the time in the process of having Blake transfer to a school that the Fullers hadn’t heard of… i.e. Good Counsel. The rest is history. It is vibrant example of the aforementioned respect. Without it, does Fuller even make the visit? Another interesting note is one of Fuller’s brothers began his collegiate track career out in Kansas before transferring to Blacksburg, so there is precedent for leaving the nest. Now… Virginia Tech is still the safe bet here, so don’t start celebrating just yet. All I’m saying is the Wolverines have suddenly gone from having an extremely slim chance to having a very legitimate one.

Contact with Isaac
No one will be in contact the nation’s #1 RB, Ty Isaac over the next few days, as he is on a school retreat (no cell phones). USC did make it into his school on the first day of the evaluation period, (before you ask… recruits we’ve spoken to say that the Michigan coaches will hit the road next week)… but even so, the contact advantage still looks like it’s on the side of the Maize & Blue. Isaac talks to Michigan running backs coach Fred Jackson often… as a matter of fact, very often. If he speaks to another coach as often I’d be surprised. It’s almost certainly the case that he doesn’t speak to another one more. To be clear, Ty still hasn’t announced a definitive leader in the race for his services... and maintains publicly that his suitors remain even. All this establishes is that the Wolverines are not being outworked on this one… not by a long shot. On a side note, we've gotten questions about whether Justin Davis' possible (in my opinion, likely) matriculation to USC would affect Isaac. The answer is no. He has known all along that the Trojans plan on taking two running backs.

Is proximity a major advantage for Michigan’s competition in the race for LaCouture?
LSU has been extremely strong with Christian Lacouture after his strong visit there recently, and they are indeed closer to home, but does that make them the team to beat? If Lacouture was a native southerner I’d be more inclined to believe that the Wolverines couldn't beat out the SEC power. But since he had a similarly outstanding time in Ann Arbor and since we also hear he has northeastern roots, the Tigers’ proximal advantage might not be that significant after all.

Blast from the past
During the winter Michigan was seemingly in the mix for Leon McQuay, then in subsequent weeks and months they seemed to faded from contention. Well contact resumed in recent weeks and the Sunshine State DB again appears interested in the Wolverines. We hear the Wolverines will be in his school at some point during the evaluation period. Stay tuned.

Oh my. Those deep passes....Matt Stafford-ish. A good stable of RBs would make this offense really scary with an arm like that.

Much like Staff he has to learn to take some off his throws but its a good problem to have.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back