Welcome to Detroit Sports Forum!

By joining our community, you'll be able to connect with fellow fans that live and breathe Detroit sports just like you!

Get Started
  • If you are no longer able to access your account since our recent switch from vBulletin to XenForo, you may need to reset your password via email. If you no longer have access to the email attached to your account, please fill out our contact form and we will assist you ASAP. Thanks for your continued support of DSF.

The Official Michigan State vs ][V][ichigan Game Thread

No Sane person said Michigan players are way too classy to ever do anything like that, that's a fabrication... Michigan fans were obviously pissed when it happened much like you guys are upset in this case. Ghoulston shouldn't have done that to Denard, just like Lewan shouldn't have done that to Lewis. That's not how the game should be played... How could anyone defend either player?

i'm not, I'm just laughing about the pre-game narrative about MSU being dirty. take a minute and read the angelique cherrilus article about MSU's dirty play, she brought up Skene saying he got poked in the eyes in 1992.

when Gholston did it, it was a national story and on a loop on gameday the next week. we'll see how quickly this gets swept under the rug.

i'm not, I'm just laughing about the pre-game narrative about MSU being dirty. take a minute and read the angelique cherrilus article about MSU's dirty play, she brought up Skene saying he got poked in the eyes in 1992.

when Gholston did it, it was a national story and on a loop on gameday the next week. we'll see how quickly this gets swept under the rug.

An excerpt from Cherrilus's (sic) article dated today:

Taylor Lewan, Michigan?s All-America left tackle, who earlier last week said Michigan State had ?bullied? the Wolverines two years ago, pushed and shoved and frequently was involved in the jawing that goes along with a rivalry game.

He drew a drive-ending personal foul in the second quarter ? two plays after Michigan had lost 20 yards on an errant snap over the head of Gardner ? after he grabbed and twisted the face mask of Isaiah Lewis while Lewis was on the ground.

That kind of stuff rarely helps a team. Clearly, in that instance, it hurt the Wolverines. It reeked more of frustration than attempting to change the tone and flow of the game.

But when a team lacks a certain toughness, evident in the fact the Wolverines had a program-worst minus-48 yards, that behavior doesn?t help.

An excerpt from Cherrilus's (sic) article dated today:

Taylor Lewan, Michigan?s All-America left tackle, who earlier last week said Michigan State had ?bullied? the Wolverines two years ago, pushed and shoved and frequently was involved in the jawing that goes along with a rivalry game.

He drew a drive-ending personal foul in the second quarter ? two plays after Michigan had lost 20 yards on an errant snap over the head of Gardner ? after he grabbed and twisted the face mask of Isaiah Lewis while Lewis was on the ground.

That kind of stuff rarely helps a team. Clearly, in that instance, it hurt the Wolverines. It reeked more of frustration than attempting to change the tone and flow of the game.

But when a team lacks a certain toughness, evident in the fact the Wolverines had a program-worst minus-48 yards, that behavior doesn?t help.

let's see if it's on a loop on college gameday next week, i remember desomnd's pontification about how some schools (hint MSU) take kids of questionable character (hint Gholston) in order to win games. never mind that UM was all over Gholston for years until he got the block S tattoo.

i do give angellique credit for that though, i didn't think we'd see that

omg everyone hates state. its so unfair. if they dont do the exact same thing they did to gholston i think im going to cry. why is life so unfair? michigan gets everything. wah wah wah

let's see if it's on a loop on college gameday next week, i remember desomnd's pontification about how some schools (hint MSU) take kids of questionable character (hint Gholston) in order to win games. never mind that UM was all over Gholston for years until he got the block S tattoo.

i do give angellique credit for that though, i didn't think we'd see that

Here's a number you need to call. I hope you don't have to wait on hold too long.

omg everyone hates state. its so unfair. if they dont do the exact same thing they did to gholston i think im going to cry. why is life so unfair? michigan gets everything. wah wah wah

Just pointing out that Michigan is been reduced to a light hitting, soft blocking, mask twisting, 4th place team.

you guys usually have your personal fouls to cry about two years later when the scoreboard isn't kind to you.

at least you can't continue to claim that your general studies majors are such better citizens

Just pointing out that Michigan is been reduced to a light hitting, soft blocking, mask twisting, 4th place team.

you guys usually have your personal fouls to cry about two years later when the scoreboard isn't kind to you.

at least you can't continue to claim that your general studies majors are such better citizens

You've given more consideration and attention to The University of Michigan in the last three days than I have to MSU in my entire lifetime.

You've given more consideration and attention to The University of Michigan in the last three days than I have to MSU in my entire lifetime.

ah yes, the dismissive Michigan fan argument "you don't mean much, you're insignificant."

that's fine, i kind of like that Michigan fans feel this way about MSU, it makes beating them even more satisfying. I like reading about the tertiary rivalry, etc. hopefully playing us is low priority for you guys for years to come.

Should read, "it makes it more satisfying when MSU beats Michigan." You did not beat Michigan. You are not the MSU football team.

Should read, "it makes it more satisfying when MSU beats Michigan." You did not beat Michigan. You are not the MSU football team.

of course i wasn't out there playing but i did have more rushing yards than Michigan did.

ah yes, the dismissive Michigan fan argument "you don't mean much, you're insignificant."

that's fine, i kind of like that Michigan fans feel this way about MSU, it makes beating them even more satisfying. I like reading about the tertiary rivalry, etc. hopefully playing us is low priority for you guys for years to come.

I did not go to MSU. Why on earth would you expect me to give it much consideration?

Back