Welcome to Detroit Sports Forum!

By joining our community, you'll be able to connect with fellow fans that live and breathe Detroit sports just like you!

Get Started
  • If you are no longer able to access your account since our recent switch from vBulletin to XenForo, you may need to reset your password via email. If you no longer have access to the email attached to your account, please fill out our contact form and we will assist you ASAP. Thanks for your continued support of DSF.

The Official Notre Dame vs ][V][ichigan thread UTL II

It has been confirmed! Devin will be introduced at the beginning of the game with #98 and wear it the rest of his career! GO BLUE!!!!!

i cant see them giving it to gardner. 1 for the obvious reasons is that its a crazy number for a qb, but also because devin just changed his number this year to 12 when morris wanted that number and they had all but promised it to him before devin switched. only thing i could see is that they let devin go to 12 as a compromise knowing that they were going to do this and then they are going to give morris 12 now.

edit: obviously i posted this while the previous post was being finished. i stand corrected i guess.

Last edited:
Ugh. What a joke. So is #98 now going to be given to QBs?

Got a link? Im not seeing it anywhere. Only rumors.

I don't feel that strongly about it. It would definitely be different. We have an interior DLineman wearing #7, granted a QB with a number higher than 19 is more of a rarity.

In the 1960's it was common for QB's to wear numbers in the 20s at Michigan. The last Michigan QB to wear a number in the 20s' was Don Moorehead. (27).

Don't they do that shit at the Red Wings playoff games? Throw some catfish out onto the rink, or some such shit?

Tinsel is this a joke? The Wings throw octopus on the ice and have for a long time signifying that it used to take 8 wins to win the Stanley Cup. Nashville slings catfish on the ice signifying they are a bunch of hill billy idiots.

Tinsel is this a joke? The Wings throw octopus on the ice and have for a long time signifying that it used to take 8 wins to win the Stanley Cup. Nashville slings catfish on the ice signifying they are a bunch of hill billy idiots.

Do they really throw the catfish in Nashville?

Of course it was a joke.

But I actually didn't know about the catfish thing in Nashville.

Of course it was a joke.

Maybe every American Hockeytown should adopt some kind of aquatic species to Throw out on the rink during the playoffs.

Not sure what they'd be throwing out Pittsburgh, though.

Of course it was a joke.

Lol im glad. I know you are hollywood so the Kings are more of a fashion statement. But yea they really throw catfish and another team throws rubber rats I think thats one of the florida teams.

Edit: Punctuation is everything lol.

Last edited:
Off topic- Anyone seeing this thing with SI and ok state? This could be huge!

According to The Oklahoman,the series of reports, expected to be published within days, includes the following allegations:

Payments from coaches and boosters to

players.

A bonus program run by former assistant coach

Joe DeForest, now at West Virginia, for Cowboys

players that existed as recently as 2011.

Coaches and boosters paying athletes, including

violations ranging from paying for jobs not

performed, overpaying for jobs and strictly

paying players for performance.

Academic corruption involving grade changes

and players' work being completed by others.

Drug abuse among players and sexual relations

with hostesses in the school's Orange Pride

program.

Back