Welcome to Detroit Sports Forum!

By joining our community, you'll be able to connect with fellow fans that live and breathe Detroit sports just like you!

Get Started
  • If you are no longer able to access your account since our recent switch from vBulletin to XenForo, you may need to reset your password via email. If you no longer have access to the email attached to your account, please fill out our contact form and we will assist you ASAP. Thanks for your continued support of DSF.

Tigers 4-5 starters in ASG?

durtymrclean

Max, JV, Porcello starting to look like locks. Smyly and Anibal could make it also. Add in the years miggy, vmart and kinsler ar having at their positions and the tigers record, 8 all stars could be possible for this tigers team.

Way too early and no. Any close and the Red Sox manager picks his own guys..I assume you meant starting pitchers.

Last edited:
As far as voting, I don't think Miggy starts at 1B. Vmart, you still have Ortiz at DH. Cano at 2nd..so my guess we won't have any starting the AS game except maybe a pitcher but the AL starters so many to choose from..

I don't think we get more than 2 starting pitchers in the ASG no matter how good they are.

Position players a lot depends on the fan vote. If Ortiz wins the fan vote for DH, does Farrel bring another DH along? My guess is he'll stick with position players. I think Miggy wins the start at 1B. No real competition in the big markets that's legit, and he's a reigning 2 time MVP. Miggy will get a ton of votes. Kinsler it will depend on how he's playing right up before the game, because he's not going to win the fan vote.

I'd expect Nathan to be named to the team though.

Really? Who do you think would beat him out? I think he's virtually a lock at this point.

Dunno but there have been other times where other 1B got more firsts. He doesn't always start at 1st at the ASG.

But the two MVP will help like thumb mention but it's hard to tell..other cities could stuff the box.

The only competition he had at 1B before was Texeira, Ortiz before DH was permanent, and Mournaeu.

Now there is really nobody with a big enough name to get more votes. Unless Pujols is on the ballot for 1B, maybe Abreu in Chicago.

Last edited:
Sox fans will probably be too busy shoving their thumbs up their asses to vote for Abreu. Texiera might win just because fuck Yankees fans, but I'd say Miggy is still the favorite.

Sox fans will probably be too busy shoving their thumbs up their asses to vote for Abreu. Texiera might win just because fuck Yankees fans, but I'd say Miggy is still the favorite.

He should be the favorite but you never know what other cities will do..

Wouldn't be surprised to see Chris Davis get a ton of votes. For some reason Baltimore is really good at stuffing ballot boxes.

Back