Welcome to Detroit Sports Forum!

By joining our community, you'll be able to connect with fellow fans that live and breathe Detroit sports just like you!

Get Started
  • If you are no longer able to access your account since our recent switch from vBulletin to XenForo, you may need to reset your password via email. If you no longer have access to the email attached to your account, please fill out our contact form and we will assist you ASAP. Thanks for your continued support of DSF.

Torii Hunter

wheels002

The Angels did not extend him a contract today so he is a free agent. I have always loved his style of play. I know it wont happen but if I think he would be a great fit for a corner outfield spot and bat #2 in the lineup.

I could only picture the smile on Verlanders face on opening day if he looked into the OF and saw Pagan, Ajax, and Hunter defending the biggest outfield in baseball.

Would be great if we can find two new OFs and even a better SS. For our offense that #2 slot is big, we need someone there.

Would be great if we can find two new OFs and even a better SS. For our offense that #2 slot is big, we need someone there.

i maintain that if we get someone for that top half of the lineup, they need to hit third with vmart 2nd, bumping cabrera/fielder to 4/5. i mean, unless we get a high-obp speedy guy or something. either way i feel cabrera and fielder are better 4/5 than 3/4 with vmart back and a better top of the lineup.

Last edited:
i maintain that if we get someone for that top half of the lineup, they need to hit third with vmart 2nd, bumping cabrera/fielder to 4/5. i mean, unless we get a high-obp speedy guy or something. either way i feel cabrera and fielder are better 4/5 than 3/4 with vmart back and a better top of the lineup.

I disagree. You bat your best hitter 3rd, and that is clearly miggy.

I would love to have torii. Another player that I'd like to see the tigers take a chance on is Melky Cabrera, cheap, low risk high reward. Both players would be great 2 hole hitters.

I disagree. You bat your best hitter 3rd, and that is clearly miggy.

i counter disagree, you dont.
http://www.beyondtheboxscore.com/20...s-have-sabermetric-managers-and-shouldnt-they

not gonna argue about it further than that, we've gone over it ad nauseum on here.

if we signed hunter and pagan (like i want us to) but didnt replace peralta (which is currently unlikely), this is how id do our lineup:

Ajax
VMart
Hunter
Cabrera
Fielder
Pagan
Peralta
Avila
Infante

tons of OBP in front of our big guys. top to bottom, this would likely be one of the most balanced and best lineups in baseball. pair that with our awesome starting pitching and vastly improved outfield defense, and you've suddenly got a REALLY good team.

Last edited:
i counter disagree, you dont.
http://www.beyondtheboxscore.com/20...s-have-sabermetric-managers-and-shouldnt-they

not gonna argue about it further than that, we've gone over it ad nauseum on here.

if we signed hunter and pagan (like i want us to) but didnt replace peralta (which is currently unlikely), this is how id do our lineup:

Ajax
VMart
Hunter
Cabrera
Fielder
Pagan
Peralta
Avila
Infante

tons of OBP in front of our big guys. top to bottom, this would likely be one of the most balanced and best lineups in baseball. pair that with our awesome starting pitching and vastly improved outfield defense, and you've suddenly got a REALLY good team.

Interesting article. But as you and I both know leyland would never put out this lineup, so it's pointless to discuss it.

yeeeeeeeah. leyland's brain is stuck in the 50s, or something like that.

I agree with Spock, and most who have common sense, you bat your Slugger/RBI guy 4th, and that's Cabrera by a landslide.

Cabrera is our best hitter too, but other guys can hit for a high average, like Vmart and Prince, at 3rd, then you bat Miggy 4th to take advantage of the extra power and RBI's.

to his credit, up till this year leyland at least always hit cabrera 4th like he should. then he went nutso this year.

I agree with Spock, and most who have common sense, you bat your Slugger/RBI guy 4th, and that's Cabrera by a landslide.

Cabrera is our best hitter too, but other guys can hit for a high average, like Vmart and Prince, at 3rd, then you bat Miggy 4th to take advantage of the extra power and RBI's.

Like Spock said its been talked about ad nauseum but couldn't you say different opinions for different people rather than saying ones who disagree with your thought don't have common sense.

Like Spock said its been talked about ad nauseum but couldn't you say different opinions for different people rather than saying ones who disagree with your thought don't have common sense.

Talk about the pot calling the kettle black Mitch. You basically do this in just about every post, even to the point you call your own brother an idiot because he votes democrat, and different than you.

If you have an opinion on the discussion let's hear it, but save the holier then thou bullshit, because that's all it is, bullshit.

Would absolutely love to see Hunter as a Tiger. One reason is that I absolutely hate watching him play against the Tigers.

There are a few players I would prefer. If Swisher comes cheaply he would certainly be a better option. Pagan would be nice and I might prefer Victorino as well.

and all he does is hit for the triple crown. Damn you Leyland, I say damn you!!!

as fun as the triple crown is, miggy has had better offensive years. both of the last 2 years, for instance.

Last edited:
as fun as the triple crown is, miggy has had better offensive years

Exactly, and it's not like he could not have won if he was 4th.

Having Cabrera hit 3rd and Fielder 4th was not a genius masterstroke that allowed Cabrera to win the TC.

It was because they assumed Prince would hit more HR's than Cabrera because he's a lefty bat and CoPa is made for left handed power hitters.

Back