Welcome to Detroit Sports Forum!

By joining our community, you'll be able to connect with fellow fans that live and breathe Detroit sports just like you!

Get Started
  • If you are no longer able to access your account since our recent switch from vBulletin to XenForo, you may need to reset your password via email. If you no longer have access to the email attached to your account, please fill out our contact form and we will assist you ASAP. Thanks for your continued support of DSF.

Triple play ends softball title game

Michigan Softball championships 2019.

Division 1
Warren Regina 3 Howell 2 Final in 8 innings
============
Division 2
Escanaba 7 Stevensville-Lakeshore 3 Final.
========================
Division 3
Millington 8 Schoolcraft 0 Final.
========================
Division 4
Unionville-Seabewaing 3 Kalamazoo Christian 1 Final.

Last edited:
Btw that triple play is scored 1-6-3 I think ? Darn good play. Very exciting.

You mean a ball where she had to move like 3 inches to her left.

It looked like it deflected off the pitcher?s glove - regardless of how far she had to move or not move, still very quick reaction and awareness to make not only the first putout, but the second and third ones also.

EDIT: I looked at it again - it was more like three strides and she had to adjust her timing on the pathway to the ball because of the deflection.

Very athletic play.

Last edited:
I know right ! Very amazing play. A title for the Public schools !

I know right ! Very amazing play. A title for the Public schools !

Technically, I think she 1) made the first putout with an assist from the pitcher 2) made the second putout unassisted and 3) assisted the first basemun with on a fielders choice for the the third putout.

If the pitcher hadn?t deflected the ball, she could?ve had a chance to run down and tag out the runner coming from first and make an unassisted triple play, but since the pitcher did deflect the ball so it couldn?t have been an unassisted triple play, why fuck with it right?

Back