Welcome to Detroit Sports Forum!

By joining our community, you'll be able to connect with fellow fans that live and breathe Detroit sports just like you!

Get Started
  • If you are no longer able to access your account since our recent switch from vBulletin to XenForo, you may need to reset your password via email. If you no longer have access to the email attached to your account, please fill out our contact form and we will assist you ASAP. Thanks for your continued support of DSF.

Trump's immigration plan estimated to cost $235 BILLION

Seymour Butts

Link. But subtract $20BB from the cost if he somehow gets Mexico to agree to pay for the wall he wants to build... seems realistic. I'm sure they'll just fork over the money because of his amazing negotiation skills.

$20BB - est. cost of the wall
$15BB - est. cost to staff up ICE to completely monitor the border, wall, etc. (on top of their already ~$6BB budget)
$200BB - est. cost to round up, process, and deport every immigrant estimated to be currently residing in the US.

someone should tell Trump he can't run the US government like he runs his businesses... you can't just build and buy what you want, then file a Chapter 11 and not pay for it. This is all so absurd he gets away with throwing these soundbites out and enjoys positive PR for them. Like the saying about underestimating the intelligence of the American public goes, there are just too few critical thinkers & skeptics out there. heck, among some portions of the GOP base, both those qualities are considered negative, if not bad and evil.

AAAAaaand so the GOP Clown Car shows no signs of slowing down anytime soon...

Last edited:
He won't have to file Chapter 11 if he's President. Unlike w/ his businesses, but like every President since Clinton, he can just get the Fed to print more money. Problem solved.

O-mob-a's (sic) booted approx. 1,800,000 immigrants in his tenure. We are in a soluble situation with immigration. First thing we need to to is shut the borders tight. Then find the felons and send them back. (about 1/3 of the deported are criminals).

It's crazy. I know a guy who's cousin is working legally in the US and his wife can't get in from Mexico. INS charges (according to him) $1500 to apply and she's been denied several times.

He won't have to file Chapter 11 if he's President. Unlike w/ his businesses, but like every President since Clinton, he can just get the Fed to print more money. Problem solved.

Well, I was obviously being facetious there, but if you really want to get technical, he'd have to get Congress to approve the appropriation of the necessary funds, and something tells me "The Donald" is going to have a very very difficult time working with Congress, regardless of which party is in control of it. And why stop at Clinton? I'm pretty sure budgets have been booming for a while before that. In WWII they sold war bonds to finance operations... seems quaint now.

Well, I was obviously being facetious there, but if you really want to get technical, he'd have to get Congress to approve the appropriation of the necessary funds, and something tells me "The Donald" is going to have a very very difficult time working with Congress, regardless of which party is in control of it. And why stop at Clinton? I'm pretty sure budgets have been booming for a while before that. In WWII they sold war bonds to finance operations... seems quaint now.

My post was sarcasm as well. But I stopped at Clinton because the Fed Funds rate has been consistently manipulated to artificially low levels since then.

if he does succeed in building an expensive wall along the border, get ready to pay double for all of your produce and lawn care. you can't have it both ways

Is it just my perception, or has the lawncare industry blown up over the last 30 years? Middle class did their own lawn care when I was a kid. Now, it seems like mowing your own lawn puts you in the minority. Has there been a change or is it just because I've moved to a different part of the country?

if he does succeed in building an expensive wall along the border, get ready to pay double for all of your produce and lawn care. you can't have it both ways

Can't we just hire MSU grads?

Can't we just hire MSU grads?

tumblr_lqhsjg2MDP1qel7a2.png

Is it just my perception, or has the lawncare industry blown up over the last 30 years? Middle class did their own lawn care when I was a kid. Now, it seems like mowing your own lawn puts you in the minority. Has there been a change or is it just because I've moved to a different part of the country?

I mow my own but I'm definitely in the minority in my town. Takes just under an hour w/ trimming and cheapest estimate I got was $65. One year of cutting it myself paid for my mower, trimmer, leaf blower, chain saw, etc. In 5 or 6 years my son will get involved and a year or 2 later he'll be doing most of it himself. When I was a kid in suburban Detroit I'd say half maybe a little more of families I knew cut their own lawn.

Last edited:

all those people taking the shovel ready jobs to build the wall will be flush w/ cash and could afford pay a little more for a salad...

all those people taking the shovel ready jobs to build the wall will be flush w/ cash and could afford pay a little more for a salad...

they will be? they should all be paid minimum wage, right, because they don't have MBAs, and therefore anyone could do their jobs and "supply and demand" dictates that?

I mow my own but I'm definitely in the minority in my town. Takes just under an hour w/ trimming and cheapest estimate I got was $65. One year of cutting it myself paid for my mower, trimmer, leaf blower, chain saw, etc. In 5 or 6 years my son will get involved and a year or 2 later he'll be doing most of it himself. When I was a kid in suburban Detroit I'd say half maybe a little more of families I knew cut their own lawn.

grandma-cool-story-bro.jpg

says the guy who was crying about how hard it was to pull a couple bushes out of the ground. I hope your blisters have healed and your just dealing with the emotional scars of being emasculated by a couple weeds.

Last edited:
they will be? they should all be paid minimum wage, right, because they don't have MBAs, and therefore anyone could do their jobs and "supply and demand" dictates that?

Nah, the minimum wage thing is your idea, remember? As are automatic raises based on education or time on the job. Don't try to blame me for that crap. I'm the one who thinks everyone should get paid what their skills are worth regardless of what level of education they achieve.

Last edited:
No, what will happen is produce will double since you can't pay pepe $25 a day to work his ass off so the cost of healthy food will rise. we'll continue to subsidize corn so all the doctors treating type 2 diabetes can afford the expensive vegetables

Back