Welcome to Detroit Sports Forum!

By joining our community, you'll be able to connect with fellow fans that live and breathe Detroit sports just like you!

Get Started
  • If you are no longer able to access your account since our recent switch from vBulletin to XenForo, you may need to reset your password via email. If you no longer have access to the email attached to your account, please fill out our contact form and we will assist you ASAP. Thanks for your continued support of DSF.

Trump's immigration plan estimated to cost $235 BILLION

I don't see a lot in those numbers that contradicts what I think. Are you saying that old white guys lean left?

There's that principle about "are you saying" again.

It's not broken out to specific enough categories, but old people don't lean republican that much if at all, men are even, and white people lean rep 49/40. White is the only group trending republican. So there's not that much room for your theory to be true. And to whatever degree old, white, men do lean republican, you're still only talking about one out of five voters, so the odds of this stereotyping being a good way of thinking about why things are the way they are is pretty slim.

Pretty sure there was a paper posted here a while back (I might have posted it) saying that historically, people get more conservative in their middle ages and more liberal in their old age.

Pretty sure there was a paper posted here a while back (I might have posted it) saying that historically, people get more conservative in their middle ages and more liberal in their old age.

That makes sense.

Middle-aged people are generally working and paying taxes and then when they get old they sit around on the dole.

Back