Welcome to Detroit Sports Forum!

By joining our community, you'll be able to connect with fellow fans that live and breathe Detroit sports just like you!

Get Started
  • If you are no longer able to access your account since our recent switch from vBulletin to XenForo, you may need to reset your password via email. If you no longer have access to the email attached to your account, please fill out our contact form and we will assist you ASAP. Thanks for your continued support of DSF.

Two Stitches, Two Lost Teeth & Five Loose Ones

TheVictors

That's the situation after spending two hours in the ER following the unfortunate meeting of cute 5yr old face with all its baby teeth and wooden table.

Tough little guy, I feel absolutely awful. I told him how Brendan Shanahan once took 44 stitches and came back for the next period and he sort of smiled, but he's going to be in pain for the next few days. Super fat lip and bloodied gums - damn, shitty way to spend a late Saturday night.

That's the situation after spending two hours in the ER following the unfortunate meeting of cute 5yr old face with all its baby teeth and wooden table.

Tough little guy, I feel absolutely awful. I told him how Brendan Shanahan once took 44 stitches and came back for the next period and he sort of smiled, but he's going to be in pain for the next few days. Super fat lip and bloodied gums - damn, shitty way to spend a late Saturday night.

Man, really sorry to hear that. There is nothing worse than when your kid is hurt or sick. About 5 years ago my then 5-year old daughter split her eyelid open when she fell. She was terrified of what they were going to do to her in the ER and screamed. I will never ever forget when I held her down so they could give her the numbing injections, she looked at me all wide-eyed, like "how can you do this to me? Yer the one who is supposed to save me". That sucked. A lot.

he will have his battle scars

my 5 year old nephew needed stitches on his head when three and is very proud of h well he handled it and the factthat he has a scar

I'm just sad that his perfect little kid smile is gone forever now, and before his teeth would have fallen out normally. Poor little guy,

That stinks. Sorry to hear. My squirts started naturally losing teeth 3 months before their 6th birthday, so that perfect smile's days were numbered anyway. One of my little guys had to have two Teeth pulled by a dentist because his adult teeth were coming in while his baby teeth were firmly rooted. He totally wasn't prepared for the shot of novocaine. Then the dentist yanked and twisted those suckers out. It was disturbing. Totally sucks to see your little ones in pain. I feel for you.

Last edited:

glad he's sort of okay. only lost baby teeth, right?

sounds like a pretty brutal impact. what the heck was he doing?

Yeah, just baby teeth and only speeding up Mother Nature anyways. We were at friends for dinner and he and another kid had just settled down to watch Despicable Me ....wham, slipped off couch, face first into their wooden trunk/table

Yeah, just baby teeth and only speeding up Mother Nature anyways. We were at friends for dinner and he and another kid had just settled down to watch Despicable Me ....wham, slipped off couch, face first into their wooden trunk/table

smacking your face right into a wooden table? gee, that's some straight up TSMITH stuff there.

That sucks. How did your friends handle it? Even though I know it's totally irrational, I always feel bad if someone gets hurt at my house. Especially a little squirt.

they're good friends but they were pretty mortified. we called from the hospital last night to let them know things were okay and got a call today, checking in.

and they are hawkeyes, fwiw.

wow that sux vic...

fwiw, i've heard in the past that losing baby teeth too early can lead to the adult teeth not coming in correctly. nothing braces can't fix of course, and most kids these days have braces, but worth checking up on to see if that is legit or myth.

a quick google search presented this from ada.org...

"Baby teeth also keep a space in the jaw for the adult teeth. If a baby tooth is lost too early, the teeth beside it may drift into the empty space"

not sure if there are any preventive measures or anything. best of luck to him though. if we are all really lucky they will soon figure out the whole "placing a stem cell tooth implant in the correct skin layer which causes the teeth to come in perfect alignment" (something learned from studying shark teeth). it's supposed to correct extreme teeth problems and also replace the need for dentures...someday...maybe...hopefully...for all of our sakes, especially those of us who deal with the Brits on a regular basis ;P

It's good to hear Lil Victor is fine. I have a scar above my left eye from running into a corner of a table. I know his pain.

IT'S SO FLUFFY!!!!!

We now have a sole couch positioned exactly in the middle of our living room, with nothing but newly installed soft fluffy carpet surrounding it.

It's good to hear Lil Victor is fine. I have a scar above my left eye from running into a corner of a table. I know his pain.

IT'S SO FLUFFY!!!!!

I have one on the top of my head from running into the corner of a wall when I was 8.

(yes, it was just as retarded as it sounds)

Thanks for the support, guys. And his genetics favor his needing braces anyways, so we'll have Orthodontist bills to look forward to. Yesterday he was actually bragging about his stitches a bit and being pretty tough about all of it.

I have one on the top of my head from running into the corner of a wall when I was 8.

(yes, it was just as retarded as it sounds)

Same thing, but it's in my eyebrow. I was about 15 and running through the kitchen, my mom was walking by so I gave her a juke move and slammed right into the corner of a cabinet.

Same thing, but it's in my eyebrow. I was about 15 and running through the kitchen, my mom was walking by so I gave her a juke move and slammed right into the corner of a cabinet.

you juked your own mom?

Attachments

• Capture.jpg
    Capture.jpg
    15.1 KB · Views: 35
Sorry to hear about the little guy's misfortune. One positive is that he now looks like a real hockey player!

I'll throw in my mishap. I lost the two fronts when I got hit by a baseball bat.

Back