Welcome to Detroit Sports Forum!

By joining our community, you'll be able to connect with fellow fans that live and breathe Detroit sports just like you!

Get Started
  • If you are no longer able to access your account since our recent switch from vBulletin to XenForo, you may need to reset your password via email. If you no longer have access to the email attached to your account, please fill out our contact form and we will assist you ASAP. Thanks for your continued support of DSF.

USA Women's National Team Soccer Team

LuciousGameWinner

Wants equal pay and is suing in court. I haven't read too much into it so I want to hear what some of you guys have to add to this.

They have been pretty good, and if they're on ESPN I'll usually watch them play. I'm all for equal pay in the workplace, but sports is a little different to me. You get paid depending on what you bring in. I'm sure Alex Morgan makes a killing from all the damn commercials she's in.

I will watch them too. I really enjoy the game and they are a great team..

Here is one article.. Feel free to post any others you can find. Sadly one of the problem's is the lack
of a women's league that can draw attendance figures i think and its just the world we live in where
mens sports are going to get more money sadly because it is watch more.. I don't agree with it and i feel
women who do the same job as a man should get paid the same but in sports that can sometimes be a gray
area type thing I think. Advertising dollars are going to go to the one watched the most..

http://www.cbsnews.com/news/questions-of-equal-pay-brought-to-light-after-womens-world-cup-win/

Last edited:
The women make a higher percentage of the revenue that they actually generate. They are cherry picking a year where they had the women's WC and another big national tournament. The year the men had the WC they generated $500M in add revenue. The women $17M. They need to STFU!

The women make a higher percentage of the revenue that they actually generate. They are cherry picking a year where they had the women's WC and another big national tournament. The year the men had the WC they generated $500M in add revenue. The women $17M. They need to STFU!

I agree 100%.

If they were bringing in equal revenue then they SHOULD make equal money. But they aren't.

It's no different than being in sales......bring in more money and get paid more than the guy/girl who isn't.

It's not rocket science, ladies.

Last edited:
Is Brandy Chastain still on the team?

I would pay her if she whipped off her shirt without that sports bra.

Is Brandy Chastain still on the team?

I would pay her if she whipped off her shirt without that sports bra.

To quote Homer:

"Lisa, if the Bible has taught us nothing else, and it hasn't, it's that girls should stick to girls' sports, such as hot-oil wrestling, foxy boxing, and such-and-such."

To quote Homer:

"Lisa, if the Bible has taught us nothing else, and it hasn't, it's that girls should stick to girls' sports, such as hot-oil wrestling, foxy boxing, and such-and-such."

Hmmmm...yeah, I think I remember that...but I'm not sure what it's from.

I mean, I know it's either the Iliad or the Odyssey...but I'm not sure which...

Back