Welcome to Detroit Sports Forum!

By joining our community, you'll be able to connect with fellow fans that live and breathe Detroit sports just like you!

Get Started
  • If you are no longer able to access your account since our recent switch from vBulletin to XenForo, you may need to reset your password via email. If you no longer have access to the email attached to your account, please fill out our contact form and we will assist you ASAP. Thanks for your continued support of DSF.

Users' ages.

smayschmouthfootball said:
rumseyhouse77 said:
Hey Brother! Over thirty years ago, can't remember the room number. I shared a triple on the 4th floor, South Quad side. Freshman year Fall 77-78. Then lived in Williams for the next two years. Living in Rumsey was great. We had a great house spirit. Williams was just ok.

That was room 401. All the odds were on the Madison side of the hallway. I'm sure we both knew a lot of the sophomores that were in the dorm with you who were freshmen with me.

Why did you leave Rumsey?

Wow, you have a great memory of the layout of the house. The things I recall are the pool table in the basement and the TV room where we would gather to watch SNL. Also, there was an older lady that was the custodian for the house that was fired because she couldn't clean the ice off the steps to the house door. I think one of the guys saw her out there trying to clean them in the freezing cold and went out to help her and they fired her because "she couldn't do the job". A lot of us were upset over that. And we had a floor leader named Gordy, I think it was, that always had girls sleeping in his room. Being a good catholic boy in those days, that was my first experience with anything like that. As I recall I requested Rumsey again for the next year but they asigned me to Williams house for my sophmore and junior years.

Back