Welcome to Detroit Sports Forum!

By joining our community, you'll be able to connect with fellow fans that live and breathe Detroit sports just like you!

Get Started
  • If you are no longer able to access your account since our recent switch from vBulletin to XenForo, you may need to reset your password via email. If you no longer have access to the email attached to your account, please fill out our contact form and we will assist you ASAP. Thanks for your continued support of DSF.

Valverde back again?

Thundercats

I have a bad feeling. He asked SD for a release because another team was ready to guarantee a contract to him, and now it's being reported that the Tigers are close to acquiring a reliever. Hopefully it's not him, but it seems a little coincidental. I'd rather have Soriano or Oviedo.

I'm thinking they might be trying to make a play on either Kontos or Machi with SF. Both are out of options.

"9:18am: Manager Brad Ausmus told reporters, including Iott (Twitter link), that he’d be “shocked” if the Tigers’ final roster spot was filled by someone from outside the organization. As MLB.com’s Jason Beck tweets, that doesn’t mean that the team won’t acquire someone from outside the organization, but rather that a potential new addition may not break camp with the team. That would seemingly indicate a minor trade or signing someone on a Minor League deal."

https://twitter.com/Chris_Iott/status/583996651523723264

Of course, because bringing in a solid reliever would be a horrible idea, right DD?

We have 24 players, not including Verlander and Rondon. At least one player will require to be optioned or waived when one of those two. Two when they both come back. It would be stupid to use an option on Nesbitt, but he appears to be the first one. Krol should never have made the team over Hardy, so he might be next.

So, it would seem the empty spot is being decided who best serves being optioned/waived. Why would it mean DET would be getting a reliever? Unless of course it is Nathan and/or Chamberlain being waived.

Back