Welcome to Detroit Sports Forum!

By joining our community, you'll be able to connect with fellow fans that live and breathe Detroit sports just like you!

Get Started
  • If you are no longer able to access your account since our recent switch from vBulletin to XenForo, you may need to reset your password via email. If you no longer have access to the email attached to your account, please fill out our contact form and we will assist you ASAP. Thanks for your continued support of DSF.

Watching the basketball game online

I'm a little surprised Donnal didn't play more. 5 minutes?

wow. anyone notice that levert had 10 assists? Walton and Spike both had 4.

I am concerned about McGary. Obviously they didn't need him to play in the 73 point exhibition cruise last night. I am just hoping they are taking every precaution to get him healthy for the real games.

I went and gave a report to my buddy beez this morning, I'll just copy and paste it here...

mentally insert (but it was concordia) in between every sentence, but Um was up 40 at the half, shooting something like 22-27. they had 100 pts with just under 10 minutes to go. Robinson scored 30 without breaking a sweat. I haven't actually looked at the stats yet, but I don't remember him missing a 3, and would guess he took 5. You know how last year his shot kind of floated and you'd wonder "hmm, is this gonna go in or not"...well last night it looked the the ball had a magnet in it...he went up strong and confident every time and the ball had a perfect arc. (remember the concordia thing). stauskus looked like non-conference stauskus. i'm not saying levert will play much point, but he had at least 10 assists and looked like a playmaker. his performance was probably the most aided by the opponent, but man, if he can play close to that level this year they'll have a whole new dimension. with him, glenn, and irvin on the floor together they have a ton of length too. irvin has some really long arms, but will probably fill the robinson role of last year with wide open 3's and occiasional drives. not bad when you can drop a top 50 recruit in that role two years in a row. i did notice some nice hustle from him on defense. spike was spike, horford looked really good with double digit rebounds, morgan was moving well. bielfeldt got quite a bit of playing time, which will probably disappear when mcgary comes back. donnal didn't get off the bench until 6 minutes to go and i'm guessing he'll redshirt (although he did knock down a 18 footer as soon as he got in). i think that just leaves walton who looked good as fuck. i remember one turnover on a sloppy pass, but there was a 5 possession stretch where he hit a wide open 3, got fed for a fast break layup, swiped it from the pg and got another layup, then had two nice assists in a row. but let me finish by going back to robinson. he does look like a different player. very aggressive, looking for his shot and just in general. if he can keep that confidence level up, he's a top 5-8 pick.

I'm a little surprised Donnal didn't play more. 5 minutes?

They went with a 9 man rotation until the end, with Horford, Morgan, and Bielfeldt as the bigs. Donnal was the first man off the bench among the left overs, coming in a couple minutes before the walk-ons. When McGary comes back that'll knock Max down to the 4th big man and pretty much cement a redshirt for Donnal. And really I'd be fine with it. He looked relatively slow and weak in comparison with the other bigs. Sure, he might have the best outside game among them (pending mcgary's improvements) but after seeing that display last night I don't think they'll be hurting for offense. So many weapons...

Back