Welcome to Detroit Sports Forum!

By joining our community, you'll be able to connect with fellow fans that live and breathe Detroit sports just like you!

Get Started
  • If you are no longer able to access your account since our recent switch from vBulletin to XenForo, you may need to reset your password via email. If you no longer have access to the email attached to your account, please fill out our contact form and we will assist you ASAP. Thanks for your continued support of DSF.

Well Who Else Had a Sucky Day?

tinselwolverine

With the loss to Sparty, and the Tigers bowing out so majestically?

I know my day sucked.

At least I didn't die.

Not yet anyway.

Yea pretty sure most of the people on these boards feels your pain. Honestly though with us even having a shot in the 4th quarter in the football game was pretty amazing. We could not stop MSU we got a couple of lucky turnovers we didn't really create them otherwise this game is a blowout loss. To bad we couldn't make Sparty pay for all their dumb mistakes though.

Very discouraging to see M's offense flounder and M's defense demonstrate that it cannot stop the run. And that merry-go-round third inning reminded me of some of the youth baseball games I umpire.

Then I gotta read all about it in the Detroit Free Spartan Press Sports Section. UGH.

I need more coffee.

After the game I went to the movies with my wife and had dinner out. It was quite nice. I'm not going to let a loss to little brother bother me that much.

we're 6-1 and still have a shot at winning our division. No way MSU makes it all the way through without at least 1 loss. Sure they win the head to head but you know what - I have confidence that we have a shot in every single game we play this year and I couldn't say that under RR.

The game was aggravating, then all the MSU fans knocking around looking for affirmation was really annoying. I'm over it this morning though. UM is still digging out of the basement from the last few years, while MSU is at the top of their game. It was a close game into the middle of the 4th Q. If Vinny checked back for the ball on that hot rout slant it could have tied the game, but he didn't and it went for 6 for Sparty, making the score look worse that it was.

The score of this game was 213-82. That's not close. Denard cannot run Borges's visionary offense against good defenses. Because of that, everything suffers when M has the football.

MSU's defense could be the best UM will see this season. It wasn't the O-Line's day yesterday. And if I remember correctly the RB's only got like 10 carries. WTF is that?

FWIW, passing yards were

UM-168
MSU-120

Anyway, I woke this morning and I'm still not dead.

I'm actually more bummed about the Tigers.

M football gets a chance every year to whup on Sparty; and M basketball gets anywhere from 2 to 4.

Plus all the other sports.

But the Tigers don't get to the playoffs every year.

Not hardly.

For me, today was worse....had to go to Cotsco and Ninos amidst all the Sparty attire.

Fortunately I was involved in a fund raiser today and I missed suffering through the Lions' first loss of the season....

Jever4321 said:
MSU's defense could be the best UM will see this season. It wasn't the O-Line's day yesterday. And if I remember correctly the RB's only got like 10 carries. WTF is that?

FWIW, passing yards were

UM-168
MSU-120

Yes, particularly the second half. Maybe they figured they weren't going to get anything running on Sparty other than occasionally getting Denard into space. Seems like Fitz has had some success running between the tackles. Doesn't make sense to me but I'm sure the coaches must have seen something that kept them away from that.

cmrlily said:
Jever4321 said:

FWIW, passing yards were

UM-168
MSU-120

Yes, particularly the second half. Maybe they figured they weren't going to get anything running on Sparty other than occasionally getting Denard into space. Seems like Fitz has had some success running between the tackles. Doesn't make sense to me but I'm sure the coaches must have seen something that kept them away from that.

I think I read that the tailbacks averaged 5.2 yards / carry...only had 10 carries, though...50 mph winds...

Anyway, Hey Tinsel, look at the bright side, we won't have to see Brad Penny anymore!! Yay!!

Back