Welcome to Detroit Sports Forum!

By joining our community, you'll be able to connect with fellow fans that live and breathe Detroit sports just like you!

Get Started
  • If you are no longer able to access your account since our recent switch from vBulletin to XenForo, you may need to reset your password via email. If you no longer have access to the email attached to your account, please fill out our contact form and we will assist you ASAP. Thanks for your continued support of DSF.

What's your favorite team in the Motor City

hellifino

which are you most interested in? no comments please, this is a silent vote.

I know I'm definitely in the minority, but my #1 team are the Pistons. Yeah, they stink, but they're still my favorite. The Lions and Tigers are both tied right after that. I can't choose between them.

1. Pistons
2. Lions/Tigers

Considering football is the best sport in the world, i'll say lions. If you expand it to favorite team, i'm all wolverines.

Lions....not even close.

Tigers
Pistons
Red Wings

Don't care much for hockey, probably because I'm on the west side of the state and went to a very small high school that didnt have a hockey team.....but I love watching playoff hockey.

Indifferent on the Pistons...I guess if they had a superstar that was fun to watch I would, but this group of C+ players isn't fun at all to watch.

Love the Tigers. Probably watch 130 games a year......and attend 5 or so.

Have watched every play of every Lions game for the past 22+ years. Anyone that knows me knows you don't talk to me Sundays during the game, unless you are talking about the game.

Would have been interesting to compare the results with 2006, with the Tigers on the way to the World Series and the Lions (back then the Lie-downs) on the way to a 3-13 record.

upnorth said:
Would have been interesting to compare the results with 2006, with the Tigers on the way to the World Series and the Lions (back then the Lie-downs) on the way to a 3-13 record.

Still would have answered with the lions. Excited about the tigers and i'd go nuts if we won the WS, but a SB for detroit would be bigger.

Tigers, Lions, Red wings, and Pistons... But hell I love them all pretty damn equal.. I mean I was watching the Lions verses the Cowboys in the 1970 playoffs ( lost 5-0 ) in a body cast because of a broken right femur. That has to count for something.... Man this start by the Lions is so long overdue.. I am pretty damn giddy about it...

[color=#006400 said:
biggunsbob[/color]]Tigers, Lions, Red wings, and Pistons... But hell I love them all pretty damn equal.. I mean I was watching the Lions verses the Cowboys in the 1970 playoffs ( lost 5-0 ) in a body cast because of a broken right femur. That has to count for something.... Man this start by the Lions is so long overdue.. I am pretty damn giddy about it...

Damn, broke femurs are horrible. Had one back in 95. Had the option of a body cast or external fixator. Chose the latter. It was in my hospital bed at age 10 when I saw Barry play and was hooked on football.

I sprained an ankle once. Oh and got stung by a wasp. Which reminds me, don't ever try to catch a wasp with a Dixie cup. They don't like that.

Shiiiit. Broken my ulna (inner forearm for the morans) on a bike, big toe playing soccer, 5 fingers (3 twice) playing football, and my femur and neck from a stupid ass drunk driver. I drink milk like it's going out of style nowadays...

In terms of who I follow the most, which includes blogs, boards, player movement, offseason, games, etc. it would be the Pistons. In terms of heartache or excitement when they win or lose its the Lions. The Wings and Tigers tie for 3rd but it's really all so close.

I was born with to many medical problems to list have had 15 surgeries and a few body casts. I was never able to play sports so I live through watching my favorite teams play. I love football so it would be Lions 1A and Wolverines 1B then Tigers Wings and Pistons and of coarse Wolverine basketball. I have seen every team I route for win a championship but 1. I am sure when the Lions hold up the Lombardi Trophy one day I will have a tear in my eye. Not saying we will this year but we are closer than we have been in a long time.

Have been a Tigers fan for longer than the other teams, but became a Lions fan three years later, in '70. I have two younger brothers, each of us played in different sports, me (oldest) in HS baseball (pitcher) my second-oldest brother played HS football (he might have been able to play college football IF he hadn't got messed up with girls and drugs @ a young age)

He was co-captains for his HS football team with Chris Godfrey, who went on to play for the Wolverines @ Michigan, then as an OG as a pro with the NYG in the 80s and won a SB ring. My youngest brother was pretty good @ playing HS basketball, but is not as tall as I am (6' 5" vs 6') and he did not play college basketball, even though he was the only one out of us three who ever attended college.

I get scoring updates on the big 4 sports, and then Michigan football. Always keeping up to date. I think I'm at 2500 texts received from ESPN this year, heh..

Have to go with the Wings as my #1 grew up with Shanny, Stevie Y and the Russian 5... Then have been lucky enough to watch Datsyuk/Z and in the future Nyquist, B. Smith, Pulkinan, Jurco, Jarknok who are all going to be stars themselves.

Then Lions, in the Marines everyone would hate on me because every year I thought was the year, while sporting my Joey sunshine jersey... FINALLY!!!!

Tigers, just recently got into baseball about 2 years ago and watched almost every game in the last 2 years.

Pistons, I probably would have put them at 3 if NBA wasn't such a bitch league (very noticable it was falling apart in the ECF vs the Heat) plus it disgusted me watching Rasheed practically give KG a handjob after they curbstomped us in the ECF, you wouldn't fucking see Rodman, Lambeer, Mahorne, Dumars, or Isiah doing that bulshit. If the NBA gets its act together and makes it a mans sport again it will be #3. Currently I think they could merge with WNBA and not skip a fucking beat.

Back