Welcome to Detroit Sports Forum!

By joining our community, you'll be able to connect with fellow fans that live and breathe Detroit sports just like you!

Get Started
  • If you are no longer able to access your account since our recent switch from vBulletin to XenForo, you may need to reset your password via email. If you no longer have access to the email attached to your account, please fill out our contact form and we will assist you ASAP. Thanks for your continued support of DSF.

Why Stafford will never be a great QB

He doesn't think a qb guru would do him any good. This kid is gonna lose his job because of his bad habits sooner or later. Hopefully sooner rather than later, for the Lions sake. Hate this kid more every day

http://m.espn.go.com/general/blogs/blogpost?blogname=detroit-lions&id=4439

In the past, Clarkson says he has worked with Ben Roethlisberger, Jake Locker, Matt Cassel, Josh Freeman, Terrelle Pryor and Matt Barkley on his website. Whitfield has worked with E.J. Manuel, among others.

Not what I call the best of the best..

In the past, Clarkson says he has worked with Ben Roethlisberger, Jake Locker, Matt Cassel, Josh Freeman, Terrelle Pryor and Matt Barkley on his website. Whitfield has worked with E.J. Manuel, among others.

Not what I call the best of the best..

Its just a shame he's just blowing it off. MAYBE they would do him some good. His footwork is shit. Clumsiest feet in the NFL

Stripping down Stafford is career suicide. You cant mess with a gunslinger that much. I cant believe you guys dont know this. Are you guys new?

Huh? Tony knows how to handle quarterbacks now? Enlighten us with an explanation Tony.

He's right about that though. You can't change a gunslinger into Alex Smith. Well, or an equivalent :hehe: ..which is what worries me.

Last edited:
Stripping down Stafford is career suicide. You cant mess with a gunslinger that much. I cant believe you guys dont know this. Are you guys new?

Stafford is killing himself slowly anyway, he just doesn't know it.

I'll say it again...Stafford just doesnt have very good accuracy over 25 yds.....without CJ jumping for them he would be even worse

I think the change in offensive philosophy midway through this season is what killed him. Everyone bitched "why isnt he throwing the ball down field" blah blah blah when we were winning games working screens and quick passes. Then people got what they wanted with pushing the ball down field and we ended up being less effective. We are short at wr with one real weapon he clearly stopped going to the te and it caused TOs. Just shut up and lets hope he gets back on track because early in the season he was putting up elite numbers. Also that qb coach is a joke who has worked with mostly crap qbs. Just leave it be.

I think the change in offensive philosophy midway through this season is what killed him. Everyone bitched "why isnt he throwing the ball down field" blah blah blah when we were winning games working screens and quick passes. Then people got what they wanted with pushing the ball down field and we ended up being less effective. We are short at wr with one real weapon he clearly stopped going to the te and it caused TOs. Just shut up and lets hope he gets back on track because early in the season he was putting up elite numbers. Also that qb coach is a joke who has worked with mostly crap qbs. Just leave it be.

lol....Dont blame the WR...its the QB, he never has been good downfield....I mentioned before, find me a Youtube clip were he has hit a WR in stride for a TD more than 25 yds from line of scrimmage....c'mon.....just 1. Not a jump ball or comeback....a Peyton Mannin to Marvin Harrison play, in stride, TD

Last edited:

Yeah all those picks he through directly to linebackers, off the hands of TEs and WRs 10 yards downfield, and to Justin Tuck is because we went deep too much in the second half.

around 35 seconds, i see a catch and young going out of bounds....which one was the TD? in stride

ok, the minny catch.....i stand corrected..he's made one in 5 years...albeit it wasn't a perfect in stride catch...but ill give it to ya

That throw 35 seconds in was perfect. Titus didn't beat his guy, not Staffords fault there. I agree Stafford is off. I've been calling for his head for weeks now, lol. That's not saying he hasn't made alot of great throws in his career though (mostly in 2011)

Stafford's pass to Durham down the sideline in the Cowboys game was perfect. To say he never hits anyone in stride ever is just not true. When he does throw a perfect deep ball sometimes it gets dropped (Ogletree). To say he needs to be more accurate is true.

Stafford's pass to Durham down the sideline in the Cowboys game was perfect. To say he never hits anyone in stride ever is just not true. When he does throw a perfect deep ball sometimes it gets dropped (Ogletree). To say he needs to be more accurate is true.

Yup....1 memorable pass all year....That's just great.

Back