Welcome to Detroit Sports Forum!

By joining our community, you'll be able to connect with fellow fans that live and breathe Detroit sports just like you!

Get Started
  • If you are no longer able to access your account since our recent switch from vBulletin to XenForo, you may need to reset your password via email. If you no longer have access to the email attached to your account, please fill out our contact form and we will assist you ASAP. Thanks for your continued support of DSF.

Why Stafford will never be a great QB

The Lions also have superior coaching in Madden.

Last edited:
Stafford's pass to Durham down the sideline in the Cowboys game was perfect. To say he never hits anyone in stride ever is just not true. When he does throw a perfect deep ball sometimes it gets dropped (Ogletree). To say he needs to be more accurate is true.

Facts are facts...downfield td passes in stride are scarce...even with one of the greatest wr ever

Last edited:
Facts are facts...downfield td passes in stride are scarce...even with one of the greatest wr ever

Calvin runs a 6 yard post 80% of his routes now. We don't use him as a downfield threat. Weve turned him into a possession WR. Maybe cause hes injured, maybe cause they realize how bad Stafford numbers are over 20 yards, maybe cause we hae no one else that is a vertical threat, maybe cause we have no one else that can be a possession WR.

Linehan came here with the reputation of having an offense that will attack you all over the field. That has quickly turned into calvin running his 6 yard post, Pettigrew running his standard 6 yard curl, bush in the flat, nate taking 1 step and turning for the ball....get it out in less than 2 seconds.....oh shit....didn't see that defender there when I hurried my throw with no pressure in my face cause I have to make a quick read and get the ball out in less than 2 seconds, offense. lol

Calvin runs a 6 yard post 80% of his routes now. We don't use him as a downfield threat. Weve turned him into a possession WR. Maybe cause hes injured, maybe cause they realize how bad Stafford numbers are over 20 yards, maybe cause we hae no one else that is a vertical threat, maybe cause we have no one else that can be a possession WR.

Linehan came here with the reputation of having an offense that will attack you all over the field. That has quickly turned into calvin running his 6 yard post, Pettigrew running his standard 6 yard curl, bush in the flat, nate taking 1 step and turning for the ball....get it out in less than 2 seconds.....oh shit....didn't see that defender there when I hurried my throw with no pressure in my face cause I have to make a quick read and get the ball out in less than 2 seconds, offense. lol

When they go deep..its a jump ball at best..terrible accuracy

Huh? Tony knows how to handle quarterbacks now? Enlighten us with an explanation Tony.

What??? Can you comprehend the English language, buddy? He's a gunslinging QB. You can't strip him down and make him something he's not. You live and die by his arm, he needs to work on shit himself. Give your fn head a shake, man ..

Enlightened now?

Just great to see a QB who is 25 and does not believe he has regressed this year.. Pretty obvious to see he has his year.. Strip him down do whatever but if he thinks he has not been bad this year then we will never win with him because he has been more then awful this year and cost his coach his job and his teammate's a division title this year.. Jim and his staff did nothing to help him but Matt looked lost this year after the 6-3 start..
I hope the new coach can get through to him...

Just great to see a QB who is 25 and does not believe he has regressed this year.. Pretty obvious to see he has his year.. Strip him down do whatever but if he thinks he has not been bad this year then we will never win with him because he has been more then awful this year and cost his coach his job and his teammate's a division title this year.. Jim and his staff did nothing to help him but Matt looked lost this year after the 6-3 start..
I hope the new coach can get through to him...

ithought hed regress cause I thought no way in hell the oline would hold up like they did the last couple years. I was wrong.....the oline was even better than previous years and staff was worse....which makes his play superbad. He seriously just needed to not throw the ball to the other team and we would have won 3 more games easily....sad.

I would love to hear what plans he has for not fucking up he has in the future. To me it sounds like a dude that gets high all the time and assumes that everyone else has a problem but not him. "We don't need a team meeting, and I don't need to improve my game". The thought that it will take him beyond his party years to figure out that he needs to get his shit together is terrifying. We have a party boy quarterback. Lord help us.

Last edited:
I would love to hear what plans he has for not fucking up he has in the future. To me it sounds like a dude that gets high all the time and assumes that everyone else has a problem but not him. "We don't need a team meeting, and I don't need to improve my game". The thought that it will take him beyond his party years to figure out that he needs to get his shit together is terrifying. We have a party boy quarterback. Lord help us.

Party boy QB? Says who? lol

Matt just seems very immature right now... So not a team leader it is not funny...

Tony please explain how great Matt was this year? I know we are stuck with him at QB but I just find it funny how you keep sticking up for him? You don't see any problems with the way he is acting?

Tony please explain how great Matt was this year? I know we are stuck with him at QB but I just find it funny how you keep sticking up for him? You don't see any problems with the way he is acting?

I think hes acting like a guy who has 94 mil and doesn't really give a crap. That's how it comes across to me....his post game interviews just paint him as this guy that doesn't care.

What do i have to explain to you? You dont watch the games yourself? I see a young QB that was thrown into the fire at even a younger age and has made this offense a household name for the last few years. And he's done it with ONE superstar. Does he need to pull his head outta his ass? Sure but so does the rest of his team.

As for being "stuck" with him? What a joke. If being stuck means having a 25 year old rifle armed QB who will get better and HE CAN get better, then YEAH , we're stuck with him i guess lol.

And how do you want this guy to act? Throw a fit at the podium? Point his fn fingers at players like a primadonna? Sulk? Laugh? Yell at guys? Give me a fn break because whatever he does guys like you or whoever will moan and bitch about it. He goes up there and tells everyone how it is. THEY NEED TO PLAY BETTER. Going up there and blaming himself or others means jackshit.

I think hes acting like a guy who has 94 mil and doesn't really give a crap. That's how it comes across to me....his post game interviews just paint him as this guy that doesn't care.

He's gotta care. You dont know he doesnt

He's gotta care. You dont know he doesnt

Im sure he does...all the reports preseason was about how much he was around the weight room and taking a leadership role on the team. Im just saying his post game comments make him sound like a putz.

Last edited:
Im sure he does...all the reports preseason was about how much he was around the weight room and taking a leadership role on the team. Im just saying his post game comments make him sound like a putz.

I will admit, his interviews are very dry and with little emotion.

I will admit, his interviews are very dry and with little emotion.

If the players and coaches are doing it right every press conference should bore you to tears. It should always be generic answers that gives the media nothing. What they do behind close doors is all that matters...and if they are handling that correctly we should never find out about that either.

A guy making promises to the media, getting mad etc. is worthless. It's just words that people say because they think other people want to hear them say it. Look at Reggie "I won't fumble again the rest of the season" Bush. All that did was set him up for failure and ridicule. Dez Bryant showing emotion and flipping out on the sideline did nothing to help him. Give the media nothing. Your answers should always be as generic and boring as possible.

If the players and coaches are doing it right every press conference should bore you to tears. It should always be generic answers that gives the media nothing. What they do behind close doors is all that matters...and if they are handling that correctly we should never find out about that either.

A guy making promises to the media, getting mad etc. is worthless. It's just words that people say because they think other people want to hear them say it. Look at Reggie "I won't fumble again the rest of the season" Bush. All that did was set him up for failure and ridicule. Dez Bryant showing emotion and flipping out on the sideline did nothing to help him. Give the media nothing. Your answers should always be as generic and boring as possible.

Saying over and over " we need to be better....I need to make plays" isn't dry....its maddening. Sounds good to me....go do that!

Back