Welcome to Detroit Sports Forum!

By joining our community, you'll be able to connect with fellow fans that live and breathe Detroit sports just like you!

Get Started
  • If you are no longer able to access your account since our recent switch from vBulletin to XenForo, you may need to reset your password via email. If you no longer have access to the email attached to your account, please fill out our contact form and we will assist you ASAP. Thanks for your continued support of DSF.

Why Stafford will never be a great QB

What do i have to explain to you? You dont watch the games yourself? I see a young QB that was thrown into the fire at even a younger age and has made this offense a household name for the last few years. And he's done it with ONE superstar. Does he need to pull his head outta his ass? Sure but so does the rest of his team.

As for being "stuck" with him? What a joke. If being stuck means having a 25 year old rifle armed QB who will get better and HE CAN get better, then YEAH , we're stuck with him i guess lol.

And how do you want this guy to act? Throw a fit at the podium? Point his fn fingers at players like a primadonna? Sulk? Laugh? Yell at guys? Give me a fn break because whatever he does guys like you or whoever will moan and bitch about it. He goes up there and tells everyone how it is. THEY NEED TO PLAY BETTER. Going up there and blaming himself or others means jackshit.

He had Bush this year too. And good qbs make superstars out of Julian Edelman and Julius Thomas and Kenny Stills and whatever the fuck Russel Wilson has out there, one guy's name is like Jermaine Kerse? I thought he was a d end. Stafford has a 10.7 qb rating in the 4th quarter of the last 6 games. He sucked ass. What should he do on the podium I'd don't know what he should do on the field is not suck. And btw Tony Romo turned Ogletree into a ten td receiver.

Romo>>Stafford. At least right now..

Romo was better than Stafford with a broken back lol. led his team to a game winning TD drive. If Stafford seriously would have kneeled the ball on every down the last 6 games in the 4th quarter he would have turned out better than when he tried lmao.

What do i have to explain to you? You dont watch the games yourself? I see a young QB that was thrown into the fire at even a younger age and has made this offense a household name for the last few years. And he's done it with ONE superstar. Does he need to pull his head outta his ass? Sure but so does the rest of his team.

As for being "stuck" with him? What a joke. If being stuck means having a 25 year old rifle armed QB who will get better and HE CAN get better, then YEAH , we're stuck with him i guess lol.

And how do you want this guy to act? Throw a fit at the podium? Point his fn fingers at players like a primadonna? Sulk? Laugh? Yell at guys? Give me a fn break because whatever he does guys like you or whoever will moan and bitch about it. He goes up there and tells everyone how it is. THEY NEED TO PLAY BETTER. Going up there and blaming himself or others means jackshit.

Tony when is he going to say he needs to play better...LOL...Now go pray to your MS poster.
Tony your gunslinger most likely cost he Lions a playoff game...But go ahead keep patting the young kid on the shoulder and say its ok to have that many picks...Your so funny.. Hopefully he will grow the fuck up.. Great QB's make other players better.. Hopefully he will learn from this regression of a season and improve next year and put it together under a new staff.

Not saying that Jim and his staff are any good but Matt had plenty of chances to save jobs this year and failed... Freaking Nick Foles played better then him...

Last edited:
Tony when is he going to say he needs to play better...LOL...Now go pray to your MS poster.
Tony your gunslinger most likely cost he Lions a playoff game...But go ahead keep patting the young kid on the shoulder and say its ok to have that many picks...Your so funny.. Hopefully he will grow the fuck up.. Great QB's make other players better.. Hopefully he will learn from this regression of a season and improve next year and put it together under a new staff.

Not saying that Jim and his staff are any good but Matt had plenty of chances to save jobs this year and failed... Freaking Nick Foles played better then him...

Meh, im done talking to morons about this. Pray to my MS poster? Listen, buddy, i know Stafford has been terrible the last half of the season. Im not giving him a pass, the whole offense sucked balls but blame it all on the QB. Im not the funny one at all ...look in the fn mirror.

Nothing but a bunch of idiots on this topic. Matt could have saved jobs? Are you fn kidding me? You mean the gutless HC we have who doesnt know the fn rules of the game? The guy who attempts a fn fake FG in a monsoon? The gutless coward who's afraid to go for the throat in crucial times and posessions? A coach who always plays it safe? A fn coach who thinks this season was not a failure? Oh, that guy!! Go away now. Im not even going to get into Linehan or Gunther because i might vomit on myself.

As for Nick Foles? The fn guy was better than 90% of the fn league! What a fn terrible comparison lmao.

This was a total team meltdown from the top to the bottom and it starts at coaching. You guys think i got a circle jerk club going with Stafford and thats fine. In reality, im a realist. He's not perfect by any means and he can be sooooooooo fn frusturating to watch but ill take him over 25-26 other starters in this league in a heartbeat. Im not going to bash the guy when its clear as day that this was a total team effort in shitting the bed. Most drops, fumbles in the red zone, dumb fn penalties, bad play by Stafford, a defense that couldnt stop a highschool team at times and a coaching staff that seriously needs to executed. Wake the fk up.

Last edited:
He had Bush this year too. And good qbs make superstars out of Julian Edelman and Julius Thomas and Kenny Stills and whatever the fuck Russel Wilson has out there, one guy's name is like Jermaine Kerse? I thought he was a d end. Stafford has a 10.7 qb rating in the 4th quarter of the last 6 games. He sucked ass. What should he do on the podium I'd don't know what he should do on the field is not suck. And btw Tony Romo turned Ogletree into a ten td receiver.

Bush isnt a superstar ...nice try. Neither is Kenny fn Stills. Oh, and the Seattle Seahawks dont have one wideout who's a stud. That team is just solid all around and it starts with Marshawn Lynch and that defense. Ogletree barely played here ...youre seriously going there? ...cmon now, son...who you playin?

And i know Staff has sucked. I acknowledged it lol. Not once did i say he was great. He played at a probowl level the first half of the season though but then fell apart later on. He needs to work on things on his own and they need guys who can actually catch the football and hold onto it as well. They dont address their offense in the offseason, expect more the same in 2014.

Bush isnt a superstar ...nice try. Neither is Kenny fn Stills. Oh, and the Seattle Seahawks dont have one wideout who's a stud. That team is just solid all around and it starts with Marshawn Lynch and that defense. Ogletree barely played here ...youre seriously going there? ...cmon now, son...who you playin?

And i know Staff has sucked. I acknowledged it lol. Not once did i say he was great. He played at a probowl level the first half of the season though but then fell apart later on. He needs to work on things on his own and they need guys who can actually catch the football and hold onto it as well. They dont address their offense in the offseason, expect more the same in 2014.

Couldn't have said it better myself.... I almost spit out my drink when I read that Kenny Stills is a fn superstar..... Pure gold. Ask any Cowboys fan who they would rather have Stafford or Homo? Bet they say Staff.... Likely same thing for most nonsensical lions fans as well.

Couldn't have said it better myself.... I almost spit out my drink when I read that Kenny Stills is a fn superstar..... Pure gold. Ask any Cowboys fan who they would rather have Stafford or Homo? Bet they say Staff.... Likely same thing for most nonsensical lions fans as well.

Romo is better and has been better - that's not just a guess. Now if you want Staff over Romo based on age or future success that's okay but as far as now it's Romo. All Staff has are the yards but that's the system, we throw a lot. I've always said Dallas won't win with Romo but so far we haven't win with Staff.

I wish he was a bit like Brady. Brady admits mistakes and has no problem saying him and the offense sucked.

Meh, im done talking to morons about this. Pray to my MS poster? Listen, buddy, i know Stafford has been terrible the last half of the season. Im not giving him a pass, the whole offense sucked balls but blame it all on the QB. Im not the funny one at all ...look in the fn mirror.

Nothing but a bunch of idiots on this topic. Matt could have saved jobs? Are you fn kidding me? You mean the gutless HC we have who doesnt know the fn rules of the game? The guy who attempts a fn fake FG in a monsoon? The gutless coward who's afraid to go for the throat in crucial times and posessions? A coach who always plays it safe? A fn coach who thinks this season was not a failure? Oh, that guy!! Go away now. Im not even going to get into Linehan or Gunther because i might vomit on myself.

As for Nick Foles? The fn guy was better than 90% of the fn league! What a fn terrible comparison lmao.

This was a total team meltdown from the top to the bottom and it starts at coaching. You guys think i got a circle jerk club going with Stafford and thats fine. In reality, im a realist. He's not perfect by any means and he can be sooooooooo fn frusturating to watch but ill take him over 25-26 other starters in this league in a heartbeat. Im not going to bash the guy when its clear as day that this was a total team effort in shitting the bed. Most drops, fumbles in the red zone, dumb fn penalties, bad play by Stafford, a defense that couldnt stop a highschool team at times and a coaching staff that seriously needs to executed. Wake the fk up.

Least you admitted Matt is part of the problem.. Nice step forward..
I have mentioned many times how I think our coaching staff as the main problem.. But Matt unfortunately is firmly in the number two spot with his regression... His footwork is terrible.. His sidearm throws have to stop.. He has to stop over throwing receivers.. His decisions have been awful and now apparently he does not want any new coaching to help fix some of his problems... Hopefully that will that not scare a decent coach from coming here.. Because he sounds like a kid who thinks it is other players fault and not his also... Total team effort is correct but if Matt had his head out of his Ass we still would have made the playoffs.. Frustrating how far he has regressed..

Last edited:

Do great qbs need superstar receivers around them or do they make those receivers great? Let's see Matt play without CJ today.

Least you admitted Matt is part of the problem.. Nice step forward..
I have mentioned many times how I think our coaching staff as the main problem.. But Matt unfortunately is firmly in the number two spot with his regression... His footwork is terrible.. His sidearm throws have to stop.. He has to stop over throwing receivers.. His decisions have been awful and now apparently he does not want any new coaching to help fix some of his problems... Hopefully that will that not scare a decent coach from coming here.. Because he sounds like a kid who thinks it is other players fault and not his also... Total team effort is correct but if Matt had his head out of his Ass we still would have made the playoffs.. Frustrating how far he has regressed..

Stafford has absolutely sucked the second half of the season. Stat wise he is only better than Chad Henne and Gino Smith. He has bee 30th out of 32 quarterbacks. Guys like Jason Campbell have been better. How anyone could defend the guy after that utter collapse is beyond me. And Tony would take him over all but 6-7 qbs in the league? Laughable.

Why does P. Manning put up numbers wherever he goes, and to the playoffs every year? It's not always about the talent around him..before Dungy Indy's defense blew, not great at Denver either. Unknown wide receivers putting up numbers..

In Staff's first two years in college his accuracy was pathetic. People might give him a pass because be was young and improved his junior year. If these last two years have shown me anything is that 58% is where he's at...that 2011 was his career year and he will never approach it again.

Last edited:
ill tell you why he wont be a very good qb....cause he has 43 yards at halftime vs the fucking Vikings shit defense lmao....dude sucks.

top 6 QB eh? drinking early for new years?

Looks like I'm not the only one.

How many times this season did you hear a game announcer say "Stafford wishes he had that one back"? He missed on wide open receivers deep down the field all year. Forget the dropped balls. He threw horrible short check downs at times that I could have completed, and I'm a limp wristed sissy.

I know he is a shit ton better than what he showed us this year based on prior performances. What the hell is wrong with this asshole.

Back