Welcome to Detroit Sports Forum!

By joining our community, you'll be able to connect with fellow fans that live and breathe Detroit sports just like you!

Get Started
  • If you are no longer able to access your account since our recent switch from vBulletin to XenForo, you may need to reset your password via email. If you no longer have access to the email attached to your account, please fill out our contact form and we will assist you ASAP. Thanks for your continued support of DSF.

Will Ichiro get 200 hits..

biggunsbob

Seattle has 19 games left and Ichiro is at 163 hits. He needs 37 hits to get to 200 for the season. Ichiro's 200 hits a season streak is in jeopardy. He has amazingly had over 200 hits a season for all ten seasons he has played in America.

Nope, he seems to have fallen way off this year.

Contract year too iirc.

He's been playin better than he was earlier in the season but no. He'd have to hit well over .400 for the rest of the season. I don't see it.

[color=#006400 said:
biggunsbob[/color]]Will Ichiro get 200 hits?

Not this season and maybe never again! He's been playing baseball a long time and Father Time may be slowly calling his name.

no chance. they say he hits just like he always has, but he doesn't get the same infield hits, due to slowing down.

I am going with yes... He just needs a hot streak and a few 3 and 4 hit games...Maybe one 5 hit game...All he needs is 2 hits a game for 19 games and he ends at 201... I am rooting for him...

The problem is he's not legging out those slow rollers anymore. His speed has decreased just enough. I don't think he'll hit 200 in a season for the remainder of his career for that reason.

For what it's worth, and in case anybody was wondering, I really couldn't care much less either way.

I don't really give a shit either. I was just giving an explanation. Lol. :) Itchy can suck it.

He's still 2nd in the league with Singles. Because that's basically all he hits these days. But he's definately lost some speed. Pretty amazing really, his speed lasting as long as he has. Not sure he'll get 3000 hits but I wonder what his total would be if he came here at 21? He'd end up with a many as Cobb and Rose have.

Anyone have his Japan numbers? Curious how many hits he has in his professional career...

[color=#551A8B said:
TinselWolverine[/color]]For what it's worth, and in case anybody was wondering, I really couldn't care much less either way.

We Werent...

I think we are seeing the beginning of the end of Ichiro as a top notch hitter.

Welll I would bet no, but I certainly am rooting for him to get it.. He's had a tremendous career.. Had he came over in his early 20s, he would be possibly be going for 4000 career hits..

[color=#006400 said:
Mitch[/color]]He's still 2nd in the league with Singles. Because that's basically all he hits these days. But he's definately lost some speed. Pretty amazing really, his speed lasting as long as he has. Not sure he'll get 3000 hits but I wonder what his total would be if he came here at 21? He'd end up with a many as Cobb and Rose have.
He really hasn't lost his speed.. He's still getting 30+ steals a year... He's losing his batspeed more than anything.. I still think he could be a .300 hitter, but I doubt he'll log a year like his rookie or 262 hit year ever again.. You also have to remember that he has an abortion of a lineup batting around him.

Well he went 4 for 5 tonight. so he is down to needing 33 hits in 18 games now.. it is such a good baseball record i really am rooting for him... I read a book about how him and his father worked Ichiro's ass off to get him to be that good. Combination of dedication and talent.

doinwork83 said:
[color=#551A8B said:
TinselWolverine[/color]]For what it's worth, and in case anybody was wondering, I really couldn't care much less either way.

We Werent...

Well, maybe you weren't, but are you confident that you speak for everybody?

Back