Welcome to Detroit Sports Forum!

By joining our community, you'll be able to connect with fellow fans that live and breathe Detroit sports just like you!

Get Started
  • If you are no longer able to access your account since our recent switch from vBulletin to XenForo, you may need to reset your password via email. If you no longer have access to the email attached to your account, please fill out our contact form and we will assist you ASAP. Thanks for your continued support of DSF.

2017 spring football practice updates

Magnus evaluates, it seems to me, from a college senior stand point without realizing the potential one has and that they do change and mature over the years. Muscles change and kids get smarter. It s a fact of college football life. His predicters leave a lot to be desired.

Love Kemp. He looked great yesterday. Didn't notice jeter as much, but from what I saw, he looked good for an early enrollee. One of them will have to change their numbers.

I'm hearing and reading about how much better Peters looked than Speight

I really wonder how this plays out... seems like the last thing we need on top of all losses on offense and defense is a QB controversy.

Damn just finished it and Wilton really did stink. Lot of young talent . Nice group of running backs. Defense looks small to me but very fast. Offensive line better improve. Tons of athletes .. should be ok if we can get good qb play.

I'm hearing and reading about how much better Peters looked than Speight

I really wonder how this plays out... seems like the last thing we need on top of all losses on offense and defense is a QB controversy.

I'm hoping it doesn't drag on until the first game. It would be helpful if Harbaugh just named a guy at some point before that because you have to imagine it's either going to be obviously Peters or close, in which case I think you have to give it to Speight.

I'll continue to die on the hill that Speight's motion just completely limits the velocity he has on the throw. I know a bunch of people went to war with me over it that other QBs have been great throws with funky motions.

It's an exception, not the rule. Almost every NFL QB today has a similar motion because it's the natural way for your body to throw an object. If you throw sidearm with an almost "push" to it, the ball's not going to fly fast. He's got strength on throws between 5-15 yards but after that, they are balloons.

I'll continue to die on the hill that Speight's motion just completely limits the velocity he has on the throw. I know a bunch of people went to war with me over it that other QBs have been great throws with funky motions.

It's an exception, not the rule. Almost every NFL QB today has a similar motion because it's the natural way for your body to throw an object. If you throw sidearm with an almost "push" to it, the ball's not going to fly fast. He's got strength on throws between 5-15 yards but after that, they are balloons.

This is why he's a terrible downfield passer as well. I really want Peters to win the QB job.

2017 defense better than 2016? Maybe!

http://www.freep.com/story/sports/c...an-wolverines-football-spring-game/100509924/

Let's face it. The talent is there. It's just really young and inexperienced. They are less influenced by those that came before, if you know what I mean. This will be more of Don Brown's defense.

The defense is loaded with talent. Going to need them to grow up fast because they are inexperienced, but the talent is there for them to be outstanding this season.

We're going to need them to be great because the o-line still looks like it's going to be mediocre at best.

This is why he's a terrible downfield passer as well. I really want Peters to win the QB job.

I want Peters to win the job too. And I want him to win it because he's truly an elite passer and not just because people are tired of Speight. While Speight does OK, I think he's close to his ceiling. He'll get better, might hone in his accuracy on down field balls. But there's always just going to be a little something missing with him. We haven't had an elite arm since Henne left and what Peters did on Saturday was give us a glimpse of an elite arm. I want him to win so we can see those huge, long, bombs with touch on them that just float into receiver's hands.

I want Peters to win the job too. And I want him to win it because he's truly an elite passer and not just because people are tired of Speight. While Speight does OK, I think he's close to his ceiling. He'll get better, might hone in his accuracy on down field balls. But there's always just going to be a little something missing with him. We haven't had an elite arm since Henne left and what Peters did on Saturday was give us a glimpse of an elite arm. I want him to win so we can see those huge, long, bombs with touch on them that just float into receiver's hands.

I agree. I don't want Peters just for the sake of change. I want him to legitimately take the job. Our coaching staff would not let it happen either way.

Speight is a fine QB, but he's never going to be elite. I am a bit concerned about his ability to develop chemistry with an entire group of new WRs. He never seemed to be on the same page with anyone other than Darboh last year.

I don't want to wait until 2019...

Let's face it, IF Speight "wins" the job this year, he's probably settled in to the position until after the 2018/19 season...

I don't want to wait until 2019...

Let's face it, IF Speight "wins" the job this year, he's probably settled in to the position until after the 2018/19 season...
I know. Maybe I'm overreacting a bit from one scrimmage, but it's disappointing that Speight didn't look improved whatsoever.

Sent from my SM-G930P using Tapatalk

I was actually going to post something similar to this today, but you have gone ahead and did me a favor. Hid mechanics fucking suck.................straight up. Still having balls batted and still chucking the ball to anyone under pressure. He is an elder statesmen, he should act like it and throw the ball away.

Back