Welcome to Detroit Sports Forum!

By joining our community, you'll be able to connect with fellow fans that live and breathe Detroit sports just like you!

Get Started
  • If you are no longer able to access your account since our recent switch from vBulletin to XenForo, you may need to reset your password via email. If you no longer have access to the email attached to your account, please fill out our contact form and we will assist you ASAP. Thanks for your continued support of DSF.

2017 spring football practice updates

Rehash is bc we still have concerns on the o-line. It's a running theme.

Sent from my SM-G930P using Tapatalk

I'm with you on the o-line. I've always viewed it as the main building block of a team, and it's been an ongoing issue at UM for a decade. Now with so much experience leaving the line (addition by subtraction we hope) there's no doubt that the o-line is a big concern. All the more reason to pay attention to and discuss the information that we do get. We all know that the vast majority of it is fluff, bs, or a combination of the two, but there are bits here and there that will give us an indication of what's in store.

"Jake Butt, Jehu Chesson and Amara Darboh -- three targets who were in absolute sync with Speight a year ago -- are gone"---from the above article

Does anyone think this was really true? I know Speight wasn't in sync iwth Chesson. Chesson had a much better year with Rudock. Butt had a few moments here and there, but this "connection" disappeared in the red zone.

I guess he had a good connection with Darboh, in most games.

If I'm thinking of the right guy, Baumgardner is usually a pretty decent columnist. That's a poorly thought out comment though.

Glad to hear that David Long's lack of PT was due to an injury. This team really needs him to live up to the promise of his recruiting profile.

Glad to hear that David Long's lack of PT was due to an injury. This team really needs him to live up to the promise of his recruiting profile.

Replacing Lewis is a very tall task, but I'm liking what I've heard on Long so far. Kid looks like a future star.

Guys...football "starts" next week! I can't wait to see all the young guys play, especially the offensive skill positions.

"Jake Butt, Jehu Chesson and Amara Darboh -- three targets who were in absolute sync with Speight a year ago -- are gone"---from the above article

Does anyone think this was really true? I know Speight wasn't in sync iwth Chesson. Chesson had a much better year with Rudock. Butt had a few moments here and there, but this "connection" disappeared in the red zone.

I guess he had a good connection with Darboh, in most games.

MLive didnt watch many games.

I'm on board the mgoblog hype train with Hudson. I think he's going to be a star

Im smarter than those guys. Ive been hyping him since he committed. Ha!

His Senior tape is quite extraordinary. It remains to be seen, but I've always thought he would have a better Michigan career than Peppers did.

Good get, man. The one dude who runs that site usually isnt one to throw out humongous amounts of praise. This says a lot..........about the guys we have and Don Brown.

UMBig11's contributions to that site have been pretty damn good this spring. They are doing the best job of keeping people up to date and informed with the spring practices.

Im smarter than those guys. Ive been hyping him since he committed. Ha!

His Senior tape is quite extraordinary. It remains to be seen, but I've always thought he would have a better Michigan career than Peppers did.
I'm not gong to argue you're first point, but Brian in particular has been gung ho from day one. Not hard to do when you watch his tape though. I can't wait to see a full season of him in action, and i really think kinnel will be one of the better safeties we've had. Just have to hope they stay healthy...

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-G930A using Tapatalk

That dude is as close to inside as you can get.

I'm pretty sure he's either 'on staff' in some role w/in the AD or at least w/ The Daily. He's definitely got access most don't and unlike Magnus, doesn't seem to fancy himself as the next Todd McShay

Magnus drives me insane. I've never read a more pretentious poster in my life.

Back