Welcome to Detroit Sports Forum!

By joining our community, you'll be able to connect with fellow fans that live and breathe Detroit sports just like you!

Get Started
  • If you are no longer able to access your account since our recent switch from vBulletin to XenForo, you may need to reset your password via email. If you no longer have access to the email attached to your account, please fill out our contact form and we will assist you ASAP. Thanks for your continued support of DSF.

2017 spring football practice updates

and we haven't had a really good running back since Mike Hart

Fitz Toussaint had that one 1,000 yard rushing season and we had a bench player transfer and then go on to play in the NFL...but other than that...
No kidding. I miss the days of having a standout RB.

Sent from my SM-G930P using Tapatalk

No kidding. I miss the days of having a standout RB.

Our superstar 'running back' for a few years was named Denard.

Haven't had one since, but new coaches and systems ...Green was 5-star as was Weber the Traitor ...coaching failed us.

No longer.

All good here.
d3f27d4c2c4bccb1c106dbe8147a0066.jpg

I guess I'm just confused, because Monster will let blowtime, spartyhack, and the other MSU troll come in here and say just about anything they want to and derail everything...but a few of us partake in a little intrasquad ribbing and hazing and it's all "Hey guys, let's focus on the issues!!!" Why let the trolls run wild then?

Yeah...I'm a little concerned about this upcoming season, because it's year 3. It's a stand-alone season where we're going to really rely on some underclassmen to come right in and perform. Year 4 and 5, especially, of Harbaugh (if he sticks around, right Sparties?) should be really awesome, but this season could show some growing pains. Either way, we could have a down year where Michigan doesn't win 10 games, but the future is definitely bright!!

I'm really hoping Walker can shine AND Evans, but maybe that is just me. Walker seems more like the prototype.

Gotime was recently banned. Or maybe it was spartanmack. Can't remember. Also, the back and forth about UM football was fine. I'm talking about the other stuff. Shouldn't be hard to figure out what I'm talking about.

Are you STILL going on about this? My god dude.

I'm posting on this thread because we are talking about tangible stuff about past season. I haven't said a word about the spring stuff because it's meaningless, but I tried to respect the thread by not saying anything after my initial post, but you kept poking the issue over, and over, and over again. Just made the decision to call you out for being a tool about it.
I have a hard time understanding how rehashing a game played 6 months ago is more worthwhile (or tangible?) than talking about what's going on right now, but whatever. On with the updates!

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-G930A using Tapatalk

I have a hard time understanding how rehashing a game played 6 months ago is more worthwhile (or tangible?) than talking about what's going on right now, but whatever. On with the updates!

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-G930A using Tapatalk
Rehash is bc we still have concerns on the o-line. It's a running theme.

Rehash is bc we still have concerns on the o-line. It's a running theme.

I don't think that was what DR was talking about specifically, but I don't want to get too far off topic. Only MSU trolls are allowed to do that...

I'm expecting the o-line to be fully established in year 4 and 5 of Harbaugh....or Hairball whichever you prefer...

I'm really hoping Walker can shine AND Evans, but maybe that is just me. Walker seems more like the prototype.

Evans is up to 212. Should help him run through more arm tackles.

Evans is up to 212. Should help him run through more arm tackles.

yeah. i saw that. Call me mistrusting of that. Sounds like some WWE weight to me. Saying he went from 205 to 212 is not what I'm going to go gah gah about. I doubt very much he was 205 last season, so I'm not buying his extra 7 pounds meaning a lot. He is a scat back to me. Maybe he can shed that image? I don't know. Walker seems to be the prototypical, 6 ft 2 230 pound tailback that we would all love to see featured in the Michigan offense...

Sorry for being a grumpy gus about Spring updates fellas. I know it's important for a lot of people.

Sorry for being a grumpy gus about Spring updates fellas. I know it's important for a lot of people.

I'd rather read about the MICHIGAN Spring Practices than hear one more NFL Mock Draft or another discussion about Trevor Siemien vs Paxton Lynch and why Tony Romo decided to retire ....lol! :cheers::cheers::cheers:

"Jake Butt, Jehu Chesson and Amara Darboh -- three targets who were in absolute sync with Speight a year ago -- are gone"---from the above article

Does anyone think this was really true? I know Speight wasn't in sync iwth Chesson. Chesson had a much better year with Rudock. Butt had a few moments here and there, but this "connection" disappeared in the red zone.

I guess he had a good connection with Darboh, in most games.

Back