Welcome to Detroit Sports Forum!

By joining our community, you'll be able to connect with fellow fans that live and breathe Detroit sports just like you!

Get Started
  • If you are no longer able to access your account since our recent switch from vBulletin to XenForo, you may need to reset your password via email. If you no longer have access to the email attached to your account, please fill out our contact form and we will assist you ASAP. Thanks for your continued support of DSF.

2017 spring football practice updates

those ohio state refs last year probably wouldve let JT Barrett use a machete if he wanted to.

Okay dude, move on from it. Your point is driven home.

And you forgot the "who" in your sentence. So if you want to be a dick about it, at least have your comment make sense.

You're still around?

btw, you understood it, right? So it made sense

Cool.

Below are some additional weapons the quarterbacks could develop their technique using during spring practice.

Anyone who doesn't care shouldn't look at them.

Deadly-weapons.jpg

lol and LOL!

This is from Mattison's presser (right from mgoblog, since I know that some people here don't like to go over there)

Newsy bits:

Mattison seems very confident that his starting four is Gary, Hurst, Mone, and Winovich. They’re working to find the group behind them that will earn the right to rotate
Carlo Kemp and Donovan Jeter were mentioned as young guys who’ve been very impressive this spring
The guys competing at the tackle positions are Lawrence Marshall, Ron Johnson, Carl Myers, and Michael Dwumfour
Dwumfour is being held out of contact drills but is participating in non-contact portions of practice
Winovich has gotten much stronger and is now capable of being an every-down player.

Well, they were 10-1 and playing the last game of the regular season for a chance to go to the Big 10 Championship game. I'd take that every single season!
Might want to check our YPC against good defenses last year. It wasn't pretty.

I'm also not happy with losing to a shit Iowa team and losing to OSU over and over. O-line has to improve. Been mediocre to bad for WAY too long.

Sent from my SM-G930P using Tapatalk

Might want to check our YPC against good defenses last year. It wasn't pretty.

I'm also not happy with losing to a shit Iowa team and losing to OSU over and over. O-line has to improve. Been mediocre to bad for WAY too long.

I agree, just it wasn't as horrible as you made it out to be. They lost by a fg to Iowa and tied OSU...only to lose in OT. I don't want that every year, but i'd take 10-1 going into The Game every year.

I agree, just it wasn't as horrible as you made it out to be. They lost by a fg to Iowa and tied OSU...only to lose in OT. I don't want that every year, but i'd take 10-1 going into The Game every year.
I know. Iowa just sucked balls. Our o-line and Speight blew that game in horrible fashion. We should have won by at least 3 scores.

Yeah, actually I was just reading comments as I'm allowed to do and kept my mouth shut but you kept having to be all douchey. Hence my response.

Forgot to abide by the bungaman's forum rules. Don't comment if you aren't interested, don't be critical of someone who fucks up their insult.

Well, they were 10-1 and playing the last game of the regular season for a chance to go to the Big 10 Championship game. I'd take that every single season!

The problem is that with a decent OL or run game, we'd probably have been undefeated last year going into the B10 title game. Had we been able to run out the clock against Iowa and OSU, the games are over. I just don't see us beating OSU unless our run game steps up. We need to be able to run for more than 2YPC against OSU if we ever expect to win consistently, no matter what our defense does.

The whole running out the clock seems to be an issue for Michigan football, and maybe just for college football in general.

When Stribling picked off Iowa with 2 minutes left I got excited for a brief moment then realized it was going to be run, run, pass, punt. That whole style just doesn't work anymore. Roll Speight out on first down, if he's got someone open make the pass, if not eat the ball so you essentially get the intended result from a run.

The whole running out the clock seems to be an issue for Michigan football, and maybe just for college football in general.

When Stribling picked off Iowa with 2 minutes left I got excited for a brief moment then realized it was going to be run, run, pass, punt. That whole style just doesn't work anymore. Roll Speight out on first down, if he's got someone open make the pass, if not eat the ball so you essentially get the intended result from a run.

you should be da football coach!

Back