Welcome to Detroit Sports Forum!

By joining our community, you'll be able to connect with fellow fans that live and breathe Detroit sports just like you!

Get Started
  • If you are no longer able to access your account since our recent switch from vBulletin to XenForo, you may need to reset your password via email. If you no longer have access to the email attached to your account, please fill out our contact form and we will assist you ASAP. Thanks for your continued support of DSF.

2018 Head Coach Search Matt Patricia

That offense was pretty much have Russel Wilson run around for his life and hopefully make a play. Not sure if it was players or scheme but the oline looked a whole lot worse than ours every game I saw and their running game was as bad as ours.

Their RBs 994 yards on 301 carries 3.30 YPC
Our RBs 1073 yards on 325 carries 3.30 YPC

If you look at just one year I might agree but he has had a solid career in coaching plus I heard it might have been more about him calling a play, and Russell Wilson ignoring it and doing whatever he wanted.. But there might not be any truth to that..

On another not, Seattle always have bad OL. Traditionally worse than ours year after year.

Last edited:
How does Patricia liking the Giants job equal Detroit "fucking up"?

Maybe he likes NY better? Maybe, being a defensive guy, he sees that the NYG defense is better than ours so that is attractive to him.

I'd take Vrabel.....shit.....I'll take anyone that has an aggressive style of play.

If it's true then id say we fucked up.... waited this long and didn't announce anything means weve missed out on all of these potential coordinators that already took jobs. Even of Patricia is the guy i think we fucked up by not announcing it. Why the fuck do i care the pats are still in the playoffs... how does their coordinator leaving at the end of the year hurt them in their game? Just fucking announce your coach and stop with all the bullshit.

If it's true then id say we fucked up.... waited this long and didn't announce anything means weve missed out on all of these potential coordinators that already took jobs. Even of Patricia is the guy i think we fucked up by not announcing it. Why the fuck do i care the pats are still in the playoffs... how does their coordinator leaving at the end of the year hurt them in their game? Just fucking announce your coach and stop with all the bullshit.

Yeah, that should work out well for us. I've heard the best way to building a championship is to violate NFL hiring rules by announcing the hiring of another team's coach who the commissioner is already pissed at.

I'm sure we should do just that and sit back and watch the Lombardi Trophies roll in for the next 20 years.

I'm curious who got hired that we missed out on? The ones I'm interested in are still available.

You can't announce or sign Patricia until pats season is over. Jesus the lions hate is terrible with you fuckwits

You can't announce or sign Patricia until pats season is over. Jesus the lions hate is terrible with you fuckwits

don't confuse hate with disgruntled unhappiness resulting from a lifetime of Lion disappointments.

Yeah, that should work out well for us. I've heard the best way to building a championship is to violate NFL hiring rules by announcing the hiring of another team's coach who the commissioner is already pissed at.

I'm sure we should do just that and sit back and watch the Lombardi Trophies roll in for the next 20 years.

I'm saying the rules are dumb. We've already interviewed all the candidates. So you're going to hold back a team from completing their coaching staff because the guy you want is in the playoffs? How does that make sense. If that's the case you should just make a blanket rule no new hires until the a certain date.

Especially in this case. So you like a guy the nfl says you can't hire yet. If he says no after a 3 week wait you've now completely fucked over that team.

Especially in this case. So you like a guy the nfl says you can't hire yet. If he says no after a 3 week wait you've now completely fucked over that team.

Maybe teams should just not be allowed to interview anyone until after the super bowl the stupid nfl also ends up limiting the opportunities for those coaches still in by the time the super bowl is over there are far fewer openings still

What planet are you on bro? That's not the way it works lol.

I'm saying the rules are dumb. We've already interviewed all the candidates. So you're going to hold back a team from completing their coaching staff because the guy you want is in the playoffs? How does that make sense. If that's the case you should just make a blanket rule no new hires until the a certain date.

Agreed, but why would you blame the organization if we lose Patricia?

Report: Giants not closing in on a deal with Patricia

https://www.prideofdetroit.com/2018...matt-patricia-detroit-lions-head-coach-search

In the midst of all this mess, I think I can sum up the current situation like this:

- NY hasn’t made up their mind yet
- Patricia (or his family) probably has a preference for NY over Detroit
- Detroit’s 1st choice is Patricia and will wait to see what he does

This situation is quickly turning me into a Titans fan...

Feels like the weekend before player free agency...you can talk deal parameters, but you can't sign until the new league year kicks in. The allowed tampering time period.

Thought I also read that the DC from Carolina was headed for a NYG interview. Would they still interview him if they had Patricia locked up?

Lions were also rumored to want an interview with him...which I think was canceled. Does that mean they have an agreement in principle with Patricia?

Stay tuned.

Back