Welcome to Detroit Sports Forum!

By joining our community, you'll be able to connect with fellow fans that live and breathe Detroit sports just like you!

Get Started
  • If you are no longer able to access your account since our recent switch from vBulletin to XenForo, you may need to reset your password via email. If you no longer have access to the email attached to your account, please fill out our contact form and we will assist you ASAP. Thanks for your continued support of DSF.

Calvin Has Officially Retired

Exactly. You got nothing so you come up with a lame put down lol. Helmet wearing retard

What is it like to be both a personal and professional failure but a message board success?

lol this cheeno clown is the ultimate troll . Never adds anything to a discussion , just little jabs at people like a little child .

Newton was a nobody and considered a middle of the pack qb before this year . Sure its nice to see , as he had all the talent in the world and he finally out it all together . These "mobile" qb's dont hold up to well so we'll see how he fairs going forward .

Trolls me every chance he gets, bro lol. Funniest shit ever.

But Newton's a HOFer.....remember?! It is nice to see. They're doing it with a nobody in Brown, a #3 or #4 in Cotchery, a 1st rd bust in Ginn and a rookie WR in Funchess...lol. Its a fucking miracle!! Not one person on this Earth would look at that receiving corp and say "Superbowl....YEP". Helps to have a run game and a pretty damn good D though, but this board is so fixated on the QB lol.

seriously bro ? LOL what are you 12 years old , you're pathetic

Didn't you just get back from a two year spanking for having the world's greatest freak out on a message board?

Didn't you just get back from a two year spanking for having the world's greatest freak out on a message board?

Yea , i loved the cespedes signing and the mods didnt ....so i got banned . What else ya got champ ?

Trolls me every chance he gets, bro lol. Funniest shit ever.

But Newton's a HOFer.....remember?! It is nice to see. They're doing it with a nobody in Brown, a #3 or #4 in Cotchery, a 1st rd bust in Ginn and a rookie WR in Funchess...lol. Its a fucking miracle!! Not one person on this Earth would look at that receiving corp and say "Superbowl....YEP". Helps to have a run game and a pretty damn good D though, but this board is so fixated on the QB lol.

Running game and great defense have NOTHING to do with it lol dolts .... Ginn is finally living up to what people thought he was and Olson is one of the best TE's in the league . Add the run game and great defense , and Cam playing outa this world and all a sudden you got something . We shall see if it last's and if they even win the Superbowl .....Cause if they dont , then they are just another team in the league .

Cut it out. End of conversation. Get back on topic or I'm giving out bans. That goes for everybody on this thread.

Everybody on here knows, we allow a little bit of back and forth but when you get all of these posts in a row, it kills the thread.

Sorry about that everyone, after catching up with Beavis and Butthead for a few minutes back to the thread. Let's all hope against hope CJ changes his mind. If not...You are not replacing Calvin Johnson, not in this draft, not with Alshon Jeffery, or any other Free Agent signing. We had the opportunity a to draft OBJ but that ship has sailed. Now to what we do have. We have a wideout in Tate that put up #1 WR numbers when he stepped in when Megatron was lost due to injury. We have in my opinion the best slot receiver in the league, better than Edelman, in Theo Riddick. We have a top ten draft pick that is more pass catcher than TE, which everyone swears is improving and flashes moments of brilliance in between many more moments of well let's just say less than brilliance. We have a QB who just came off an elite year and is what a Y8 level Mage now. TJ Jones and Fuller are unknowns but both have some talent.

So what is a GM to do? Chase moar weapons? Wasn't that exactly what got the last guy fired? Constantly spending high draft picks and free agent money on weapons? Now we will surely add new names to the depth chart. We actually only have three guys signed right now I believe. But I don't see Quinn as the Pats guy making a splash by chasing a skill position. Someone will have to raise their game, and from what the positive polly's have to say about our skill players there are many candidates for that. So draft and buy linemen on both sides and build a proper team. Say by to CJ and thank you for the memories and play football.

Cut it out. End of conversation. Get back on topic or I'm giving out bans. That goes for everybody on this thread.

Everybody on here knows, we allow a little bit of back and forth but when you get all of these posts in a row, it kills the thread.

It's my fault for retaliating Monster. I'm about as disciplined as a Schwartz coached defense and its always the second guy that gets flagged. It won't happen again.

Sorry about that everyone, after catching up with Beavis and Butthead for a few minutes back to the thread. Let's all hope against hope CJ changes his mind. If not...You are not replacing Calvin Johnson, not in this draft, not with Alshon Jeffery, or any other Free Agent signing. We had the opportunity a to draft OBJ but that ship has sailed. Now to what we do have. We have a wideout in Tate that put up #1 WR numbers when he stepped in when Megatron was lost due to injury. We have in my opinion the best slot receiver in the league, better than Edelman, in Theo Riddick. We have a top ten draft pick that is more pass catcher than TE, which everyone swears is improving and flashes moments of brilliance in between many more moments of well let's just say less than brilliance. We have a QB who just came off an elite year and is what a Y8 level Mage now. TJ Jones and Fuller are unknowns but both have some talent.

So what is a GM to do? Chase moar weapons? Wasn't that exactly what got the last guy fired? Constantly spending high draft picks and free agent money on weapons? Now we will surely add new names to the depth chart. We actually only have three guys signed right now I believe. But I don't see Quinn as the Pats guy making a splash by chasing a skill position. Someone will have to raise their game, and from what the positive polly's have to say about our skill players there are many candidates for that. So draft and buy linemen on both sides and build a proper team. Say by to CJ and thank you for the memories and play football.

Let me put this on the last page for those that want to skip to the actual football talk. This is my take and I feel it is one that is up for debate.

So Quinn doesn't add weapons because Mayhew did? That's brilliant fucking logic on your part. Then you seem to think guys like Fuller, TJ Jones and whatever schmuck is just fine because well ummm the Panthers did it? Another beauty lol. You don't not add talent on the offensive side of the ball because the last guy that tried it and it never worked. That's not the way you run shit. You always try and better your team and if bettering your team means adding weapons, then you add those weapons. But nobody knows what Quinn is thinking. All we know is that team needs a few more pieces on defense (LB, CB, DT/DE) and on offense (OL, WR). Who does Quinn value most? What position does he covet the most? All i know is that reports are that he has his scouts on lockdown with a no nonsense approach. Mayhew was more carefree in his approah....Quinn isn't.
You are right though....EE needs to step up huge. Fuller and Jones i dont have any faith in. Jones? Maybe. Fuller? Nope...i saw what he's all about....he needs to go IMO. And we'll never replace CJ.....EVER. It will be like replacing Barry IMO....it just wont happen. Even though i think replacing a WR is much easier than a RB is.

So has Calvin Offically retired then? Everywhere I look makes it sound like its a done deal but I can't seem to find anything that confirms any sort of official public announcement from Calvin directly

Thanks

So has Calvin Offically retired then? Everywhere I look makes it sound like its a done deal but I can't seem to find anything that confirms any sort of official public announcement from Calvin directly

Thanks

No. He has called Mrs. Ford and her daughters to thank them for everything. Quinn has not reached out to him at all. According to Nate Burleson the new GM and CJ have yet to speak and he finds that rediculous. It's all in KC's latest notes.

http://www.freep.com/story/sports/n...-lions-nate-burleson-calvin-johnson/79674630/

Last edited:
No. He has called Mrs. Ford and her daughters to thank them for everything. Quinn has not reached out to him at all. According to Nate Burleson the new GM and CJ have yet to speak and he finds that rediculous. It's all in KC's latest notes.

http://www.freep.com/story/sports/n...-lions-nate-burleson-calvin-johnson/79674630/

Who finds it ridiculous?

And Quinn is handling this beautifully. Why chase him? He's giving CJ time to think. Quinn will get in touch when the time is right.

Thanks see it now in team notes thread about a call to fords and burleson yappin again, maybe the official presser will be forth coming soon then otherwise it probebly time for Quinn to give him a curiosity call just to say hey we support you with whatever you decide and we'd love to work something out yucky yuck

Damit this sucks!

Last edited:
Thanks see it now maybe the official presser will be forth coming soon then otherwise it probebly time for Quinn to give him a curiosity call just to say hey we support you with whatever you decide and we'd love to work something out yucky yuck

Damit this sucks!

The Lions can win games without CJ. They have done it before

Back