Welcome to Detroit Sports Forum!

By joining our community, you'll be able to connect with fellow fans that live and breathe Detroit sports just like you!

Get Started
  • If you are no longer able to access your account since our recent switch from vBulletin to XenForo, you may need to reset your password via email. If you no longer have access to the email attached to your account, please fill out our contact form and we will assist you ASAP. Thanks for your continued support of DSF.

Calvin Has Officially Retired

OK......but what is the plan to bring in good talent then??

FA......nope. Alshon Jeffery isn't leaving Chicago.....they'll franchise him.

Trade - I really like the option of trading for Josh Gordon. But that only IF Cleveland would move him. He would be a low risk, high reward player on a cheap contract with true #1 talent. Other than Gordon, I can't think of anyone who would be available via trade.

Draft - Someone will run a stupid fast time at the combine this month and shoot up the boards......but the draft has 4 top prospects and only 2 (maybe 3) can be outside guys.

Personally, I think we have to get a top prospect, Jeffery or Gordon. It's a WR league now. Cant go into the season with Tate, Fuller, Jones and maybe a 3rd or 4th rounder and some scrubs thrown in the mix.

Take one in 3rd/4th round? I'd be okay with even a 2nd round draft pick at WR. But we need a OT and certainly a DT. IMO, more important than a WR.

I'm looking forward to seeing Tate in a larger role again. When Calvin went down he was lights out. I feel he's possibly the most underrated WR in the league.

Last edited:
I'm looking forward to seeing Tate in a larger role again. When Calvin went down he was lights out. I feel he's possibly the most underrated WR in the league.

All depends on his YAC, went from 7.3 in '14 to 6.1 in '15. Still good. Might depend on who we get because at the moment he could be seeing Calvin's double teams.

All depends on his YAC, went from 7.3 in '14 to 6.1 in '15. Still good. Might depend on who we get because at the moment he could be seeing Calvin's double teams.

I'm hoping Abdullah takes the next step and makes that impossible for teams to consider. Hopes and dreams!

Who is Benjamin? Did I miss something?

Think he's referring to Travis Benjamin, a possibly free agent pickup. Had a few really big games with a shit Cleveland team, fell off towards the end of the season.

Better make it by Draft day..

It would be nice but not really necessary......they need to go into this off season like there is no way in hell he's returning......and if he does happen to come back it's just a bonus.

Think he's referring to Travis Benjamin, a possibly free agent pickup. Had a few really big games with a shit Cleveland team, fell off towards the end of the season.

He even made Johnny manziel look good.

It would be nice but not really necessary......they need to go into this off season like there is no way in hell he's returning......and if he does happen to come back it's just a bonus.

But if he stays there's no reason to go into the off season assuming he's gone. Just for the sake of the cap. They have to know how much cap they will have available. And who to potentially draft.

But if he stays there's no reason to go into the off season assuming he's gone. Just for the sake of the cap. They have to know how much cap they will have available. And who to potentially draft.

Sure there is. At best CJ plays 1 more year......rookie WR tend to struggle a bit.....so getting Calvin back while grooming his replacement would be a win win.

Sure there is. At best CJ plays 1 more year......rookie WR tend to struggle a bit.....so getting Calvin back while grooming his replacement would be a win win.

Not worried about that part. More worried with a big contract FA signing, or two - then Calvin's big cap hit. And not being able to afford players on the OL and DL.

I'm hoping he makes it before the start of free agency. The negotiating window opens March 7th with free agents, I think. I get that it's his decision and he's earned the right to take his time with it. My whole thing is he's tying up a lot of money and it would suck to know if he decided to retire well after the initial free agency window and we're left with slim pickings. I'm pretty hopeful that he decides a week or two after the Super Bowl.

Back