Welcome to Detroit Sports Forum!

By joining our community, you'll be able to connect with fellow fans that live and breathe Detroit sports just like you!

Get Started
  • If you are no longer able to access your account since our recent switch from vBulletin to XenForo, you may need to reset your password via email. If you no longer have access to the email attached to your account, please fill out our contact form and we will assist you ASAP. Thanks for your continued support of DSF.

Calvin Has Officially Retired

They probably would have franchised him after his rookie contract ran out. He probably made a business decision to sign the $132M contract.

A money decision. He probably should of just said I hate you all trade me.

They probably would have franchised him after his rookie contract ran out. He probably made a business decision to sign the $132M contract.

Your use of the word decision is all that needs to be said. He could have held out. Requested a trade. He could have been franchised once, maybe twice....but would have been a FA at some point.

He made a ?decision? to take a lot of money and play football for the Lions......then cries afterwards?? No sympathy here. Not from me.

C?mon, Man!

Your use of the word decision is all that needs to be said. He could have held out. Requested a trade. He could have been franchised once, maybe twice....but would have been a FA at some point.

He made a ?decision? to take a lot of money and play football for the Lions......then cries afterwards?? No sympathy here. Not from me.

C?mon, Man!

I don't have sympathy for him either, but he has the right to bitch about the shitty organization.

I don't have sympathy for him either, but he has the right to bitch about the shitty organization.

He absolutely does.....but as I said in my first post.

What I don't like is his immature attitude toward the organization NOW. He won't enter a Lions related facility? Really? Is he 12? He's coming across as a whiny little bitch.

I never though of him that way until recently.

He absolutely does.....but as I said in my first post.

What I don't like is his immature attitude toward the organization NOW. He won't enter a Lions related facility? Really? Is he 12? He's coming across as a whiny little bitch.

I never though of him that way until recently.

I don't know if you have ever left a job under bad circumstances, but I have. I worked at a place for a long time and it was great. When the time came to go our separate ways, it ended badly. I had a great experience there but in the end I have a resentment towards that organization. I get where he is coming from.

I don't know if you have ever left a job under bad circumstances, but I have. I worked at a place for a long time and it was great. When the time came to go our separate ways, it ended badly. I had a great experience there but in the end I have a resentment towards that organization. I get where he is coming from.

But you didn't stay for another 5 years. He's still mad because of the money he had to return. I'm all for a player who decides to retire at their own discretion returning money not earned.

Man o' man..lol...so much shade being thrown on the D as of late...and yeah I know that it is the result of and directed at their sports franchises' respectively shitty ownership and bumbling brass, but it still bleeds onto a city and metro-region which quite obviously and most certainly doesn't deserve or need any more notoriety. The auto-workers strike vs GM is also currently in the national spotlight.

F Calvin. Im on the tank for Jeudy train boys! 1:45 min and 2:50 min marks are insane.

Lions likely won't draft high enough to snag him, unfortunately. I could see them drafting from 8th to 12th...give or take a win. Still very early though.

ESPN has the undefeated Lions ranked 20th of the 32 teams in their power rankings, and have no less than 10 teams with a loss ranked higher, esp the team that the Lions just beat in the Chargers, who they ranked in the top 10...go figure. Only the Bucs and Raiders are ranked lower @1-1.

Lions likely won't draft high enough to snag him, unfortunately. I could see them drafting from 8th to 12th...give or take a win. Still very early though.

ESPN has the undefeated Lions ranked 20th of the 32 teams in their power rankings, and have no less than 10 teams with a loss ranked higher, esp the team that the Lions just beat in the Chargers, who they ranked in the top 10...go figure. Only the Bucs and Raiders are ranked lower @1-1.

Maybe cause we tied a3 win team with a rookie qb?

https://www.pff.com/news/nfl-pff-all-decade-top-101-best-nfl-players-2010s
PFF All-Decade Top 101: The best NFL players from the 2010s.
PFF

https://www.prideofdetroit.com/2020/5/14/21258515/pff-all-decade-team-2010s-calvin-johnson-rankings
Calvin Johnson lands 16th on PFF’s 2010s All-Decade team.
Despite only playing until 2015, Calvin Johnson is still considered one of the best of the 2010s.
POD

Despite playing until just 2015, Johnson finished 16th on PFF’s list, behind only Antonio Brown (13) and Julio Jones (8) at the wide receiver position. That’s an impressive feat considering PFF admitted their list was skewed against player who only played a portion of the decade.

https://lionswire.usatoday.com/2020/05/14/calvin-johnson-checks-in-at-16-on-pffs-all-decade-team/
Calvin Johnson checks in at 16 on PFF's All-Decade team.
LionsWire

Last edited:
Back