Welcome to Detroit Sports Forum!

By joining our community, you'll be able to connect with fellow fans that live and breathe Detroit sports just like you!

Get Started
  • If you are no longer able to access your account since our recent switch from vBulletin to XenForo, you may need to reset your password via email. If you no longer have access to the email attached to your account, please fill out our contact form and we will assist you ASAP. Thanks for your continued support of DSF.

Cespedes traded to mets for 2 prospects

Davidson ml numbers blow.

ItsaJokeSon.jpg~c200

Um, the Mets were desperate for a good outfielder. We supplied it.. which means there should be high demand.

But we had to trade a guy, no choice since we get nothing by keeping him. What's you want, a stud?

Um, the Mets were desperate for a good outfielder. We supplied it.. which means there should be high demand.

And if they balk, DD walks away with nothing, you call DD a fucking idiot. Sounds like your mind was made up.

And if they balk, DD walks away with nothing, you call DD a fucking idiot. Sounds like your mind was made up.

Id rather keep him and work on signing him to an extension then allow someone to steal him for less than they were willing to give other teams for worse players. They agreed to send Wheeler to Milwaukee for Gomez, and then were trying to trade him to Cinci for Bruce.

Id rather keep him and work on signing him to an extension then allow someone to steal him for less than they were willing to give other teams for worse players. They agreed to send Wheeler to Milwaukee for Gomez, and then were trying to trade him to Cinci for Bruce.

With 110m for 5 guys they can't afford him. If they could they would sign him next year but they won't.

I have this feeling Thundercats doesn't understand how this works.

They'd only have 5 days after the word series to try and sign him. That's it. Why would he hurry up and do a deal when he has time to listen to other offers and hope there's a bidding war? The only real way we can have him back on the roster next year is to trade him now.

But realistically he won't be back because we have so much money tied up in some other guys.

I think Fulmer could be better than a mid prospect. I like the deal.

I have this feeling Thundercats doesn't understand how this works.

I get it. I understand it. I even know when someone is making a joke. ...

Im a bit upset we got lowballed compared to their offers to other teams.

We don't know if there was a deal for Bruce. Gomez is signed next year for $9M which is pretty cheap...so they would be getting another full year out of him for Wheeler.

Because those other guys you mentioned aren't just 2 month rentals..

Back