Welcome to Detroit Sports Forum!

By joining our community, you'll be able to connect with fellow fans that live and breathe Detroit sports just like you!

Get Started
  • If you are no longer able to access your account since our recent switch from vBulletin to XenForo, you may need to reset your password via email. If you no longer have access to the email attached to your account, please fill out our contact form and we will assist you ASAP. Thanks for your continued support of DSF.

Cespedes traded to mets for 2 prospects

I like the deal, we needed to get something for Cespedes and we got 2 young pitchers, and Fulmer looks very promising.

There really was no market for Avila and Davis, and Kinslers contract makes him impossible to move without eating 80% of the money owed to him.

Guys like Davis and Avila can still be traded after the deadline (trade waiver)

They won't get much in return but anything is better than nothing!

Any basic scouting reports on the guys we got? Do they project as starters or relievers? What's their velocity? Any plus pitches?

Glad we were able to get a return on Cespedes. We are probably the top destination for him as a FA if we want him back, so no harm in renting him out this year. If we don't want him back, it will be because of money and likely was already decided upon.

I do not recall a season like this where there was so much turnover and trades in July when expectations were so high in March.

Any basic scouting reports on the guys we got? Do they project as starters or relievers? What's their velocity? Any plus pitches?

Glad we were able to get a return on Cespedes. We are probably the top destination for him as a FA if we want him back, so no harm in renting him out this year. If we don't want him back, it will be because of money and likely was already decided upon.

The one guy has 24K in 24 innings. I don't know about the other guy.

They all seem to strikeout a ton..DD of course like's that. IMO very limited knowledge of all of them, they seemed to have pitched rather well in the ml levels. As a fan that knows little about all of them it gives me hope.

I do not recall a season like this where there was so much turnover and trades in July when expectations were so high in March.

2008 when everyone thought we'd score a billion runs. I believe that was the year we traded Pudge at the deadline?

They all seem to strikeout a ton..DD of course like's that. IMO very limited knowledge of all of them, they seemed to have pitched rather well in the ml levels. As a fan that knows little about all of them it gives me hope.
I'll take that. Nothing wrong with strikeout pitchers. Looks like Fulmer was their #1 pick in 2011, so I'm guessing he may be close to MLB ready. The other guy is listed as a pitcher and infielder. Maybe we'll have him split time with the pitching centerfielder we got from the Jays. It will be like DKBx2.

Ivan was the sole trade the Tigers completed in 2008 my my research.

Yeah I just realized you were referring more to the amount of trades rather than the expectations of the season vs what happened type deal. My mistake.

Cespedes Tweet: Thanks to the @tigers organization, my teammates & of course, the fans for your support this season…NYC, see you soon!

Fulmer to Erie, Cessa to Toledo and Tyler Collins up to take Cespedes' spot. per Jason Beck

Back