Welcome to Detroit Sports Forum!

By joining our community, you'll be able to connect with fellow fans that live and breathe Detroit sports just like you!

Get Started
  • If you are no longer able to access your account since our recent switch from vBulletin to XenForo, you may need to reset your password via email. If you no longer have access to the email attached to your account, please fill out our contact form and we will assist you ASAP. Thanks for your continued support of DSF.

Climate change, pollution, dwindling resources and natural places

No, they organized online and traveled to cities to set fire to federal and municipal buildings and hurl supplied bricks at police cars, loot, et.al.

Link Link

even assuming the claims from authorities as true, that anti-police protestors were all from somewhere else (traveling during a pandemic, with travel restrictions in place... okay... ) and since these protests were nationwide, all the protestors came from... SOMEWHERE? (france? canada? Mexico?) you still have to equate property destruction, ie burning a police car or two, smashing a store front window, throwing a trash can, or burning a Wendy's is the same as violence directed against a person... you have the issue of the fact that these were still protests for an issue; they weren't organizing for the sole purpose of going to fight people who lived somewhere else like the neo-nazis, "promise keepers," and proud boys in OR

Last edited by a moderator:
even assuming the claims from authorities as true, that anti-police protestors were all from somewhere else (traveling during a pandemic, with travel restrictions in place... okay... ) and since these protests were nationwide, all the protestors came from... SOMEWHERE), you still have to equate property destruction, ie burning a police car or two, smashing a store front window, throwing a trash can, or burning a Wendy's is the same as violence directed against a person... you have the issue of the fact that these were still protests for an issue; they weren't organizing for the sole purpose of going to fight people who lived somewhere else like the neo-nazis, "promise keepers," and proud boys in OR

MC .. neither act is legal, constructive, nor acceptable. It's not a relative matter. And I think you are minimizing the property destruction, which was in the hundreds of millions. Those committing that destruction were not "issue-focused" IMO.

Last edited:
every mayor across the US during the BLM protests: "These protestors are all outside agitators"

must all be from that well-organized Antifa protestor exchange program that the authorities missed, even though they read all our emails & texts, listen in on all our calls, and track our locations 24/7 via our smartphones.

Talk about a brain fart...I just wondered for a second if non-law enforcement organized and traveled to fight civil rights marchers back in the '60s.

The Klan. Duh.

MC .. neither act is legal, constructive, nor acceptable. It's not a relative matter. And I think you are minimizing the property destruction, which was in the hundreds of millions. Those committing that destruction were not "issue-focused" IMO.

We'll have to agree to disagree then.

I think organizing to protest police brutality is different than organizing with the guys with shaved heads & SS/1488 tattoos to get together and beat the shit out of those protestors, and you don't.

Talk about a brain fart...I just wondered for a second if non-law enforcement organized and traveled to fight civil rights marchers back in the '60s.

The Klan. Duh.

COINTELPRO was official policy; they FBI only distanced themselves from it after activists broke into one of their offices and uncovered it.

We'll have to agree to disagree then.

I think organizing to protest police brutality is different than organizing with the guys with shaved heads & SS/1488 tattoos to get together and beat the shit out of those protestors, and you don't.

You're not representing my viewpoint accurately. Nothing wrong with peaceable assembly to redress injustices. I do that myself. Plenty wrong with random vandalism and coordinated property destruction, no matter who does that.

COINTELPRO was official policy; they FBI only distanced themselves from it after activists broke into one of their offices and uncovered it.

That was March 8, 1971. Media, PA. The same day of the Ali-Frazer I fight. The people who broke in figured that no one would notice their insertion, and they were right.

Last edited:
You're not representing my viewpoint accurately. Nothing wrong with peaceable assembly to redress injustices. I do that myself. Plenty wrong with random vandalism and coordinated property destruction, no matter who does that.

Don't forget false flag property destruction and a media that will zoom in to fill the frame with a fire in the street at night to make you forget that thousands marched all day with no destruction.

Don't forget false flag property destruction and a media that will zoom in to fill the frame with a fire in the street at night to make you forget that thousands marched all day with no destruction.

I won't, but FF destruction does not account for all or even a fraction of the estimated up-to $2 billion in property damage over the summer, based on insurance claims.

but that doesn't represent his viewpoint correctly.

I won't, but FF destruction does not account for all or even a fraction of the estimated up-to $2 billion in property damage over the summer, based on insurance claims.

Probably not. But I also don't think it shouldn't be used to invalidate the actions of peaceful protesters that can't stop it from happening and do speak out against it. It's like as long as there are people upset enough to break stuff, we don't have to acknowledge any problems. (And if people don't beak stuff, we can ignore them.)

For scale, $1 B = 2,500 MSU vs Duke Final Four 1999 riots.

$1 B is only 53 Chicago Bulls Vs. Portland Trail Blazers 1992 riots.

even assuming the claims from authorities as true, that anti-police protestors were all from somewhere else (traveling during a pandemic, with travel restrictions in place... okay... ) and since these protests were nationwide, all the protestors came from... SOMEWHERE? (france? canada? Mexico?) you still have to equate property destruction, ie burning a police car or two, smashing a store front window, throwing a trash can, or burning a Wendy's is the same as violence directed against a person... you have the issue of the fact that these were still protests for an issue; they weren't organizing for the sole purpose of going to fight people who lived somewhere else like the neo-nazis, "promise keepers," and proud boys in OR

If the Proud Boys were able to travel to Portland to attack the peaceful citizens there, as you say, why are you saying it's implausible to think Antifa supporters could travel to riots all over the country because of the pandemic?

And no, you don't have to equate the two - Antifa are far more aggressive and violent toward people all over the country than the small handful of people you accuse of starting a fight in Portland, with little to no evidence. They're not just causing property damage as if that's no big deal, or actual political speech. there's no shortage of evidence for this, you simply choose to ignore it or condone it when it comes from your side.

Last edited:
Probably not. But I also don't think it shouldn't be used to invalidate the actions of peaceful protesters that can't stop it from happening and do speak out against it. It's like as long as there are people upset enough to break stuff, we don't have to acknowledge any problems. (And if people don't beak stuff, we can ignore them.)

I agree.

Back