Welcome to Detroit Sports Forum!

By joining our community, you'll be able to connect with fellow fans that live and breathe Detroit sports just like you!

Get Started
  • If you are no longer able to access your account since our recent switch from vBulletin to XenForo, you may need to reset your password via email. If you no longer have access to the email attached to your account, please fill out our contact form and we will assist you ASAP. Thanks for your continued support of DSF.

Confederate monuments

i think it was pretty obvious - and meant to be.

jKQeXPS.gif

Every last confederate monument should be taken down and it should be against the law to show that traitorous confederate flag anywhere. There are over 718 confederate monuments all over America . It's freaking disgusting. Remove them all! Plus let's not forget all the schols that show case this type of hate. Remember most were erected long after the civil war ended .

Now when. I go camping I can't even use the 4 tiki torches i bought for mosquito's thanks to the skinhead , nazi., pieces of crap who were using them last weekend. They should all be jailed for the killing of that girl.

https://www.bustle.com/p/how-many-c...here-in-america-the-number-is-appalling-77014

Last edited:
Brooklyn has gotten ridiculously expensive as well particularly neighborhoods around the bridges but I'm sure Bensonhurst has probably seen it as well.

Probably areas like Brooklyn Heights where my uncle lived for years that was close to the Brooklyn Bridge and other Western shore Brooklyn neighborhoods near bridges to Manhattan are what you're talking about.

Bensonhurst is close to the Verrazano bridge, but it doesn't really take anybody anywhere that's important.

Except for crazy Brooklyners Who are nut job dodger fans who want to go watch dodger games at bars on television with their Staten Island co nut job dodger fans, when it is their turn to go to Staten Island as opposed to the Staten Islanders turn to go back into Brooklyn.

Last edited:
Every last confederate monument should be taken down and it should be against the law to show that traitorous confederate flag anywhere. There are over 718 confederate monuments all over America . It's freaking disgusting. Remove them all! Plus let's not forget all the schols that show case this type of hate. Remember most were erected long after the civil war ended .

Now when. I go camping I can't even use the 4 tiki torches i bought for mosquito's thanks to the skinhead , nazi., pieces of crap who were using them last weekend. They should all be jailed for the killing of that girl.

https://www.bustle.com/p/how-many-c...here-in-america-the-number-is-appalling-77014

Give into the hate. Feel the power of the dark side.

The driver who killed the protestor was arrested. What would be the legal justification for arresting everyone?

Monuments with respect to war are typically erected long after the fighting has ended.

Stanislaw Lec said:
When smashing monuments, save the pedestals, they always come in handy.

Also when you refer to that flag, is that reference to the "rebel flag" or one of the official flags of the confederacy? Cause if you wanna ban the "rebel flag" as a symbol, you will have to convince Mississippi to change their flag. Good luck trying cause they don't want to.

http://abcnews.go.com/US/story?id=93537&page=1

To the line highlighted in red;
Surely museums, history books, and perhaps civil war re-enactments should be exempt?

Probably areas like Brooklyn Heights where my uncle lived for years that was close to the Brooklyn Bridge and other Western shore Brooklyn neighborhoods near bridges to Manhattan are what you're talking about.

Bensonhurst is close to the Verrazano bridge, but it doesn't really take anybody anywhere that's important.

Except for crazy Brooklyners Who are nut job dodger fans who want to go watch dodger games at bars on television with their Staten Island co nut job dodger fans, when it is their turn to go to Staten Island as opposed to the Staten Islanders turn to go back into Brooklyn.

Brooklyn Heights is absurdly expensive and has been for a long time. Park Slope too. Since I moved here in '02 Williamsburg has gone from a dump to a very affluent neighborhood. The areas around the bridges, particularly waterfront are definitely more expensive but wealth has spread beyond there - Bay Ridge, etc. I'd be surprised if it hasn't affected Bensonhurst too.

The driver who killed the protestor was arrested. What would be the legal justification for arresting everyone?

Monuments with respect to war are typically erected long after the fighting has ended.

Also when you refer to that flag, is that reference to the "rebel flag" or one of the official flags of the confederacy? Cause if you wanna ban the "rebel flag" as a symbol, you will have to convince Mississippi to change their flag. Good luck trying cause they don't want to.

Surely museums, history books, and perhaps civil war re-enactments should be exempt?

the gray team can carry something like this for the re-enactments...

61sbm9UPzZL._AC_UL160_SR160,160_.jpg

Maybe it will catch on and Mississippi will decide to modify their flag with it! Of course, it is possible, perhaps even likely that all the woke people will realize that this is the new symbol of slavery and we'll have to ban it too. Hmmmm, this is complicated.

Last edited:
Lets get a few things straight mich.

1. The civil war was not about freeing the slaves.
2. The confederate leaders were no different from the US founding fathers

You are aware all your precious founding fathers were treasonous slave owning scum?

1. Go and read the Articles of Secession of each southern state. they're easy to find online. notice anything?

The nonsense that the Civil War wasn't about slavery was the result of a later attempt by pro-Southern "Lost Cause" historians to muddy the waters and make it a "both sides do it" situation.

2. This is absurd, and an oversimplification of these men, essentially saying "everyone who owned slaves was the same" ignoring context, and their own feelings and writings on the topic.

It doesn't matter. The counter protestors were only there for one reason. To stand up to bigotry , and hate. If they can't be put in jail then leaders who organized the event should be able to be sued by the family. Sue them into oblivion. As far as the flag goes it should be removed because it is a symbol of racism period . Those monuments you say we're erected long after the war is true but most of those were erected in 2 or 3 distinct periods. Around 1920 and 1950's and 60's . We all know what was happening in those periods.

http://www.townandcountrymag.com/society/politics/a12015570/confederate-monuments/

It doesn't matter. The counter protestors were only there for one reason. To stand up to bigotry , and hate. If they can't be put in jail then leaders who organized the event should be able to be sued by the family. Sue them into oblivion. As far as the flag goes it should be removed because it is a symbol of racism period . Those monuments you say we're erected long after the war is true but most of those were erected in 2 or 3 distinct periods. Around 1920 and 1950's and 60's . We all know what was happening in those periods.

http://www.townandcountrymag.com/society/politics/a12015570/confederate-monuments/

The only person responsible for the death of that girl is the asshole driving that car.

The only person responsible for the death of that girl is the asshole driving that car.

yes, that dumb kid has been a white supremacist since birth. he tested positive for the white supremacy gene.

Is your issue the flag was used by traitors of your nation or because it is associated with racism?

Should we start banning the flag of every country which has done anything racist? I assure you we would quickly run out of flags in the world. Banning symbols won't end racism.

Did anything happen in the 30s/40s which would lead to a decrease in monuments being built? That conveniently coincides which the great depression which started in 1929 and went into the early 40s. By which time the US was gearing up war industry. Mass enlistments plus rationing and the scrap metal drive. After the war the industry had to de-militarize.

Sort of hard to erect monuments without money and raw materials.

20s until the great depression was a boom period for the US. The common people had more money than ever. By the 50s the US civilian economy recovered. The early 60s would be the time of the centennial of the war. Anyone would expect an increase in monuments/memorials to commemorate the bloodiest war in US history.

Is your issue the flag was used by traitors of your nation or because it is associated with racism?

Should we start banning the flag of every country which has done anything racist? I assure you we would quickly run out of flags in the world. Banning symbols won't end racism.

Did anything happen in the 30s/40s which would lead to a decrease in monuments being built? That conveniently coincides which the great depression which started in 1929 and went into the early 40s. By which time the US was gearing up war industry. Mass enlistments plus rationing and the scrap metal drive. After the war the industry had to de-militarize.

Sort of hard to erect monuments without money and raw materials.

20s until the great depression was a boom period for the US. The common people had more money than ever. By the 50s the US civilian economy recovered. The early 60s would be the time of the centennial of the war. Anyone would expect an increase in monuments/memorials to commemorate the bloodiest war in US history.

Whitewash the problem because of money. Facts are facts and most of these monuments were put as reactionary to the rise of African Americans in America and to celbrate white supremacy. I disagree with you totally.

https://www.washingtonpost.com/news...brate-white-supremacy/?utm_term=.e4c7e28f7449

No that is flat out wrong.
You are correct.

We must also blame the victims for walking in the street.

We must also blame those who convinced them to go.

We must blame the entire herd which was at the protest.

We must blame social media for helping to organize the protests.

We must blame the police for letting the counter protest occur.

We must blame the DMV for allowing the driver to have a license.

We must blame the car manufacturer for selling a car to a crazy person.

We must blame the government for allowing crazy people to buy cars.

Let me know when we can stop blaming others.

Back