Welcome to Detroit Sports Forum!

By joining our community, you'll be able to connect with fellow fans that live and breathe Detroit sports just like you!

Get Started
  • If you are no longer able to access your account since our recent switch from vBulletin to XenForo, you may need to reset your password via email. If you no longer have access to the email attached to your account, please fill out our contact form and we will assist you ASAP. Thanks for your continued support of DSF.

FISA Abuse

No one important ever does jail time. That's relegated to the underlings in the trenches.

No one important ever does jail time. That's relegated to the underlings in the trenches.

Sad but true. But in this case, the underlings, indeed, are bad guys. McCabe and Strzok will probably pull prison time. Brennan, Comey and Clapper should but likely won’t (too important). Clinton and 0bama? Of course not. But they will be shamed, if that’s possible, and judged poorly by history.

This summary by Victor Davis Hanson is as clean and clear as you will find:

https://www.dailysignal.com/2019/04...ious-hypocrisy/amp/?__twitter_impression=true

Last edited:

that brings up a question - now that many of Obama's legislative "accomplishments" and executive orders have been or are being unwound, is he still important?

Probably just wishful thinking - being the first Kenyan to be elected POTUS means he will probably always be considered important.

that brings up a question - now that many of Obama's legislative "accomplishments" and executive orders have been or are being unwound, is he still important?

Probably just wishful thinking - being the first Kenyan to be elected POTUS means he will probably always be considered important.

The original intent of POTUS as an influencer was not supposed to be this significant.

Impossible to tell for sure but I imagine that even if Trump hadn't executive ordered all of Obama's executive orders, his presidency would be looked back on as being unfulfilled and empty. Lots of hype, little substance.

How dare you intentionally defame our former commander-in-chief like that, terrorist luver.

Last edited by a moderator:
Impossible to tell for sure but I imagine that even if Trump hadn't executive ordered all of Obama's executive orders, his presidency would be looked back on as being unfulfilled and empty. Lots of hype, little substance.

possibly. Personally I think Obama was the most egregious abuser of the executive order and whatever else POTUSes have done to circumvent Congress or the Judiciary, which has led to the problem Byco pointed out - POTUSes usurping power that wasn't intended to be in their hands.

Last edited:
possibly. Personally I think Obama was the most egregious abuser of the executive order and whatever else POTUSes have done to circumvent Congress or the Judiciary, which has led to the problem Byco pointed out - POTUSes usurping power that wasn't intended to be in their hands.

His predecessor started really doing this to prosecute his "War On Terror" (subtitled: A Massive Welfare Plan For The Military Industrial Complex With No Restrictions).

But yeah, Obama not only failed to push to hold anyone in teh Bush administration accountable, he did it too. Obama was notably worse in prosecuting leaks and leakers.

there aren't really any good guys here. Important to have some context!

I know no one here actually supports the GOP (or at least so they say), which is great... but just bashing the Democrats without acknowledging the whole story might lead people to believe otherwise.

Dems support abortion. It's the dealbreaker for me. There are other issues that it advocates that I oppose, but this one is the closer. It might as well support slavery, in my opinion, as the two issues are equally heinous.

His predecessor started really doing this to prosecute his "War On Terror" (subtitled: A Massive Welfare Plan For The Military Industrial Complex With No Restrictions).

But yeah, Obama not only failed to push to hold anyone in teh Bush administration accountable, he did it too. Obama was notably worse in prosecuting leaks and leakers.

there aren't really any good guys here. Important to have some context!

I know no one here actually supports the GOP (or at least so they say), which is great... but just bashing the Democrats without acknowledging the whole story might lead people to believe otherwise.

You're 100% right, context matters. I tend to vote Republican or abstain, so to that extent I certainly support the GOP way more than I do the Dems and I'm not even a little bit ashamed to say it because I find the Dems (the party of slavery, racial segregation, murdering innocent defenseless babies, division by group identity, rigging nominations, colluding with foreign entities to influence elections and spy on Americans, obstructing investigations and thus justice, etc.) to be even more despicable and morally bankrupt than the GOP.

Last edited:
Holder was held in contempt once and nothing happened so go ahead knock yourselves out house dems

You might say in that situation, the Congress itself was the ?holder? in contempt.

Ya HAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAA!

I?m here all week, folks!

Dems support abortion. It's the dealbreaker for me. There are other issues that it advocates that I oppose, but this one is the closer. It might as well support slavery, in my opinion, as the two issues are equally heinous.

"support abortion" is so true, and accurate

Pelosi always ends congressional sessions with her catchphrase "Great work. Now... Everybody go out and get an abortion!"

"support abortion" is so true, and accurate

Pelosi always ends congressional sessions with her catchphrase "Great work. Now... Everybody go out and get an abortion!"

From the Democratic Party plaftorm of 2016: "...every woman should have access to quality reproductive health care services, including safe and legal abortion..."

"...We will continue to oppose?and seek to overturn?federal and state laws and policies that impede a woman?s access to abortion..."

This ain't opposition, and Pelosi is the last person who should be "supporting" abortion.

Whoa, wait a sec... How is this thread about abortion now?

Did one of you wackjobs pass a billboard or church protest or something yesterday?

Sometimes I'm jealous that I don't have that one 'deal breaker' issue that allows me to just vote straight party and never have to really concern myself with other matters. Things would be so much easier.

Did one of you wackjobs pass a billboard or church protest or something yesterday?

It happens. The NRA thread turned into nonsense as well.

Last edited:

Trump is busily engaged in breaking both parties. It's a beautiful thing.

trump-clowns-to-the-left-of-me-jokers-to-the-right-here-i-am-stuck-in-the-middle.jpg

Last edited:

It's about why I can't/won't ever vote Democrat.

You might say in that situation, the Congress itself was the “holder” in contempt.

Ya HAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAA!

I’m here all week, folks!

Joe said there wasn't a hint of scandal in the former admin he was a part of, Joe is wrong.

Yeah sometimes some of the things you post are funny, other times it just goes right over my head. Could be a generational element to it all sometimes. Not this time per say, this one perhaps was just too dry for me to get it.

Last edited:
Back