Welcome to Detroit Sports Forum!

By joining our community, you'll be able to connect with fellow fans that live and breathe Detroit sports just like you!

Get Started
  • If you are no longer able to access your account since our recent switch from vBulletin to XenForo, you may need to reset your password via email. If you no longer have access to the email attached to your account, please fill out our contact form and we will assist you ASAP. Thanks for your continued support of DSF.

Game 12: Lions @ Ravens Thread

Our QB went 24-29 and completed 20 straight passes and we lost the game by 24 points. Only the Lions can do something like that.

How many fumbles did he have though. Fumbling is becoming a MAJOR issue for Stafford.

Unfortunately Carolina and Atlanta both lost so we STILL have a shot at the Wild Card. Lol.

Yup. These inept starts are brutal. Last 4 weeks we've now been down:

10-0
10-0
13-0
20-0

I'm rarely in the boat that is blaming coaches over the players but this is unacceptable on Caldwell and his staff's part. The beginning of the games are scripted pretty heavily, it's clear their game plan is absolute shit.

They're probably going to make Jameis look amazing next week.

Pathetic defense. Offense stalled just enough and costly turnovers for two short fields and a pick 6. If Stafford hurt, lions are done

Lack of pass rush despite good rushers and lb coverage issues killing them

Need to run the table which possible given opponents but not if they continue to play d like that

Quin fucked up with linebackers. Worse than Mayhew ever did

Pathetic defense. Offense stalled just enough and costly turnovers for two short fields and a pick 6. If Stafford hurt, lions are done

Need to run the table which possible given opponents but not if they continue to play d like that

My good friend, the Lions are done with or without Stafford.

Shame the owners who have no clue who to hire to maximize Stafford. Nothing new here . We need a offensive minded coach who knows how to put points on the board. Caldwell and his staff just flat out bad. But then it's the Fords.
They just are so freaking bad.

Last edited:

The sooner you accept that we don't have good pass rushers the easier it will be for you to accept what's going on here. Ziggy is nobody, absolutely nobody. Zettel is this just average. Ashawn is garbage, whoever is next to him is garbage. The Lions need to hit the reset button on the dline. I don't think they should pay Ziggy a dime, he's at the point where nagging injuries a just going to plague him from now on.

My good friend, the Lions are done with or without Stafford.

I wrote them off completely after thanksgiving, but the Browns and Bears outplaying us a majority of the games made me realize we don't belong.

http://www.mlive.com/lions/index.ssf/2017/12/inside_the_locker_room_matt_pr.html#incart_river_index
Inside the locker room: Lions' Matt Prater won't blame illness for off day.
Mlive

http://www.mlive.com/lions/index.ssf/2017/12/lions_grades_plenty_of_fs_to_g.html#incart_river_index
Lions grades: Plenty of 'Fs' to go around after horrid loss to Ravens.
Mlive

http://d2s3dt9f4iyeup.cloudfront.net/images/standard_v1/9e780d0c-00c9-4bae-9f29-8693dcd215b2.png
Tion Green played 21 snaps in his debut with the Lions. Dwight Freeney played 17 snaps in his first game with Detroit.

https://www.freep.com/story/sports/...it-lions-jim-caldwell-stubbornness/918174001/
Lions coach Jim Caldwell's stubbornness may soon cost him his job.
Freep

https://www.prideofdetroit.com/2017...l-week-13-detroit-lions-loss-baltimore-ravens
Do you feel better, worse or the same after the Lions? loss to the Ravens?
Do you have that same sinking feeling?
POD

Special teams was terrible. Worrliow personal foul, Prater missing, Martin punting poorly, gave up a big kick return when the got back in the game down 27-20

Defense, Collins ran well but they stopped the others, goal line D atrocious, only 9 men on field for big 3rd down, the bomb to Maclin after the missed field goal. Zero pass rush. Ziggy hurt again

Oline banged up with Swanson and Wagner now. Lang playing hurt. Who knows how healthy Decker is. Big sacks given up at the worst possible time yesterday.

Tion Green showed a flash at least on TD and 33 yarder. Stopped on 3rd and 1 trying to run fucking Riddick

Stafford had a 105 rating on the day but under pressure on the bad pick. Muffed a snap that cost points too but the fumble lost was on the Oline not him

Finally. You are starting to feel the pain of being a REAL Lions fan, and not the persona you show every week.

I was just hoping to see the Lions win A playoff game this year, whether by WC or by div title. But that was before these past 4 games when the team had spotted their opponents 10-20 points in the first half. Now I want them to finish 0-4 or 1-3, so that it will be that much harder for the Lions' brass to justify staying the course with this unimaginative and unininspired coaching staff.

Given their remaining schedule, they most likely will go 2-2, defeating the Bears and either Bengals or Bucs. Since there is a chance that ARod will be activated as soon as Week 15, can't call the final regular season game vs Packers as a W or L as yet. An 8-8 or 9-7 record may mean only a few potential changes below the OC/DC levels.

Back