Welcome to Detroit Sports Forum!

By joining our community, you'll be able to connect with fellow fans that live and breathe Detroit sports just like you!

Get Started
  • If you are no longer able to access your account since our recent switch from vBulletin to XenForo, you may need to reset your password via email. If you no longer have access to the email attached to your account, please fill out our contact form and we will assist you ASAP. Thanks for your continued support of DSF.

Game 12: Lions @ Ravens Thread

McDaniel - his name gets brought up all the time but why is still with NE year after year if he's such a hot commodity.

He won a playoff game with Tebow. Our dumbass can't win a playoff game with Stafford.

unfortunately, the Lions are closer to a playoff win than the Tigers are :(

But the Tigers have done things in the past years. World series appearances. They actually won 2 in my lifetime. I don't have the same hatred and I actually enjoy baseball more.

The Lions get the hate because of 60 years of ineptness.

And the Lions aren't closer to a playoff win. 26 years now.. and counting.

Last edited:
McDaniel - his name gets brought up all the time but why is still with NE year after year if he's such a hot commodity.

He got his chance in Denver as head coach and failed. Goes back to NE looks smart. Someone will give him a other chance.
Having Brady makes you look smart..great players usually do.

He got his chance in Denver as head coach and failed. Goes back to NE looks smart. Someone will give him a other chance.
Having Brady makes you look smart..great players usually do.

Yes. But it's been what 5-6 years? And yet no one hires him. H doesn't seem interesting enough as a hire.

Please Quinn. Clean house and go hire Josh McDaniels!!!

No way. We'd be back looking for a new coach in 4 years having wasted Staffords prime years.

Id take just about anyone but McDaniels. He's a failure waiting to happen.

But the Tigers have done things in the past years. World series appearances. They actually won 2 in my lifetime. I don't have the same hatred and I actually enjoy baseball more.

The Lions get the hate because of 60 years of ineptness.

And the Lions aren't closer to a playoff win. 26 years now.. and counting.

I meant the teams as constructed....the Lions are closer to a playoff caliber team than the Tigers.

I meant the teams as constructed....the Lions are closer to a playoff caliber team than the Tigers.

Really? You mean the team who lost to the Ravens by 4 scores. That team? The Tigers will eventually get better.. The big difference. And you said playoff win, not just playoffs.

Last edited:
Really? You mean the team who lost to the Ravens by 4 scores. That team? The Tigers will eventually get better.. The big difference. And you said playoff win, not just playoffs.

Six playoff spots, varied schedule strength, and "any given Sunday".

An NFL team can be just good and lucky enough to win at least one playoff game (except the Lions and Browns).

An average to below average baseball team gunning for five (really four) playoff spots is going to have a really hard time even making the playoffs in a sport where there's enough regular season games to separate the good from the bad.

Six playoff spots, varied schedule strength, and "any given Sunday".

An NFL team can be just good and lucky enough to win at least one playoff game (except the Lions and Browns).

An average to below average baseball team gunning for five (really four) playoff spots is going to have a really hard time even making the playoffs in a sport where there's enough regular season games to separate the good from the bad.

Like you said, the Lions. They're 26 years from a playoff win. They could still be another 26 years away. Who will get to the playoffs next, probably the Lions. Who will win a playoff game/series next - no doubt in my mind the Tigers.

unfortunately, the Lions are closer to a playoff win than the Tigers are :(

Lions are closer to a playoff berth than the Tigers, but not a div title or a win by any stretch.

Having posted that, both have in common the recent deaths of their longtime patriarch owners, and I have very little trust or faith in the current Tigers' FO turning the franchise into a productive farm and contender fielding system anytime soon, if ever.

Last edited:
He was a complete joke in Denver I'd rather keep Caldwell over that joke

Here's what I don't like about McDaniels. He was a massive failure in Denver. He MOVED UP (trading 2nd, 3rd and 4th round picks) to draft Tim fucking Tebow.

Huge fucking failure. Needs to be the smartest guy in the room......kinda like Schwartzy.

Goes back to NE and under Belicheck and Brady and guides the offense to exactly what they had done before. Wooooohoooooo......you look great as the distant 3rd wheel behind the greatest coach and QB in NFL history.

Don't want him. No thanks.

I think I might hate Mcdaniels more than Caldwell, just something about him. I'd definitely take him as an OC though, that's his sky imo

Back