Welcome to Detroit Sports Forum!

By joining our community, you'll be able to connect with fellow fans that live and breathe Detroit sports just like you!

Get Started
  • If you are no longer able to access your account since our recent switch from vBulletin to XenForo, you may need to reset your password via email. If you no longer have access to the email attached to your account, please fill out our contact form and we will assist you ASAP. Thanks for your continued support of DSF.

Game 6: Lions @ Saints Thread

They are awfully quiet when the Lions are winning. Got to question their fandom really

I like having one always positive fan all the time. The rest of us mostly piss and moan even when we win.

the good news for the Lions is they now have a chance at winning the division. The Bears have a rookie QB, MN lost their starter and GB lost the best QB in the game. The division is sitting there on a silver platter.

I like having one always positive fan all the time. The rest of us mostly piss and moan even when we win.

I think it shows that we hold our team to a high standard (albeit impossible at times), which is surprising considering the history of the Lions. We?re not content with ?good enough?, wins can always be better wins, and it?s maddening to see problems in wins that evetuallly lead to losses down the road. No team can play perfect, but we still want to see them strive for it. I?ll admit that this brings about a fair amount of negativity (I prefer the term ?realism?), but we wouldn?t have much to talk about if every fan was easily satisfied.

Stafford couldn't move due to his leg injuries. All 12 tips were luck for the Saints. And they were really lucky they got two Tds from them.

It's much more likely that it was good preparation and coaching. Most of the Lions passes are short which mean lower trajectory. The Saints push then put their hands in the air when Matt throws. 1 or 2 tips are lucky...if you do it 12 times...that's a trend.

the good news for the Lions is they now have a chance at winning the division. The Bears have a rookie QB, MN lost their starter and GB lost the best QB in the game. The division is sitting there on a silver platter.

In other words, the Lions could be the 2010 Seahawks.

It's much more likely that it was good preparation and coaching. Most of the Lions passes are short which mean lower trajectory. The Saints push then put their hands in the air when Matt throws. 1 or 2 tips are lucky...if you do it 12 times...that's a trend.

They are lucky Stafford was hurt to begin with. Yes some of they were lucky and how they ended up in Lattimores and Jordans hands were even luckier.

Lions were the better team then got even more major injuries then they already had to give the Saints a chance. Then the Lions came back anyway and the Saints got one more lucky play to seal the game (really two with Agnew muff). The final pick 6 doesn't happen without the Agnew muff.

Saints didn't earn that win.

A rookie, two injured guys, and a guy who played like a rookie. It wouldn't surprise me if all four teams finished 8 and 8.

I don't think we are "worked up." We are just trying to understand the mindset of someone who says the team lost because of "luck", when they were down 45-10.

When someone isn't humble enough to admit the Lions just got their ass kicked and leave it at that, the conversations are all fake.

I don't think we are "worked up." We are just trying to understand the mindset of someone who says the team lost because of "luck", when they were down 45-10.

When someone isn't humble enough to admit the Lions just got their ass kicked and leave it at that, the conversations are all fake.

I actual watch and pay attention. I see the crazy freak plays. I see the Saints DPI. I see the tips. I know Stafford is hurt. I know who is hurt for both teams

I observe and know more than all of you. Which is why I know it was luck the Saints got a big lead and the win.

And then on top of all that, you all disregard a pretty incredible come back. 3 turnovers of Brees, 7 punts. The defense stood up even with the Quin and Ngata and Washington/Hyder injuries.

Stafford led some nice drives. Robinson and Agnew made great plays (not the lucky tip variety). And then Agnew and fluke play gave them the game.

Lions had the ball down 7 with plenty of time. They were in the game.

He was playing stupid. Sitting in the end zone for 5 seconds? 14 tipped/ batted passes. That's all on him. Nothing freak about it. 1 tipped pass... maybe. 14? Thats the qb not doing his job.

I get that Stafford played bad but tipped passes are not all on him. He's getting murdered out there.

They are lucky Stafford was hurt to begin with. Yes some of they were lucky and how they ended up in Lattimores and Jordans hands were even luckier.

Lions were the better team then got even more major injuries then they already had to give the Saints a chance. Then the Lions came back anyway and the Saints got one more lucky play to seal the game (really two with Agnew muff). The final pick 6 doesn't happen without the Agnew muff.

Saints didn't earn that win.

Agnew Muff is lucky for the Saints? How about just a shitty play by a Lion?

Was the Agnew punt return for a TD a lucky play for the Lions?

Saints didn't earn the win....typical loser mentality! Classic LKP!!

Agnew Muff is lucky for the Saints? How about just a shitty play by a Lion?

Was the Agnew punt return for a TD a lucky play for the Lions?

Saints didn't earn the win....typical loser mentality! Classic LKP!!

Agnew is a good returner. That was all talent. Great play. The Saints didn't force the muff. they got extremely extremely lucky

Agnew is a good returner. That was all talent. Great play. The Saints didn't force the muff. they got extremely extremely lucky

so when a Lion makes a great play it's talent, but when he fucks up, it's just lucky for the opponent?

That's not luck. That's lack of execution by a Lion.

so when a Lion makes a great play it's talent, but when he fucks up, it's just lucky for the opponent?

That's not luck. That's lack of execution by a Lion.

It's lucky for the Saints. They didn't make a great play and just got lucky with Lions at 1.

Agnew made a great play on the return.

Back