Welcome to Detroit Sports Forum!

By joining our community, you'll be able to connect with fellow fans that live and breathe Detroit sports just like you!

Get Started
  • If you are no longer able to access your account since our recent switch from vBulletin to XenForo, you may need to reset your password via email. If you no longer have access to the email attached to your account, please fill out our contact form and we will assist you ASAP. Thanks for your continued support of DSF.

Hurricane's a comin'

tresspass and petty larceny... misdemeanors.

no big deal.

Michamp jr. "dad, I saw a bunch of people taking stuff from this store that wasn't occupied. Look at all this free stuff I got!"

Michamp "no big deal, son. It's just tresspass and petty larceny"

Michamp jr. "dad, I saw a bunch of people taking stuff from this store that wasn't occupied. Look at all this free stuff I got!"

Michamp "no big deal, son. It's just tresspass and petty larceny"

no, more like:

MichChamp: "That's my boy!"

How come dumbass republitards make such a big deal out of the small handful of property theft incidents that happen during a hurricane?

Seriously, if you ranked all the threats people in that area are facing RIGHT NOW, a store or two or even three - out of thousands - getting looted has to be dead last.

And their losses are almost certainly insured, and if not it's really the owner's negligence...

yeah, it's the owner's fault for not having adequate insurance against theft, the thieves are just doing their jobs. It's funny that you call people republitards in the same post that you say stuff like this.

tresspass and petty larceny... misdemeanors.

no big deal.

actually, isn't it breaking and entering or burglary? Burglary is often a felony, depending on the jurisdiction. petty larceny is theft of personal property. Even if it is larceny, doesn't it become grand larceny, and a felony in most places when it's over $500 - like most new flat screen TVs.

Also, they're not just walking into open stores, they're breaking in, often causing thousands of dollars in damages - granted these damages may not be significant relative to the storm damage so your earlier point may apply here as well - if the business owner didn't have adequate insurance, the damage is more his fault than the thief's.

Last edited:
How come dumbass republitards make such a big deal out of the small handful of property theft incidents that happen during a hurricane?

Seriously, if you ranked all the threats people in that area are facing RIGHT NOW, a store or two or even three - out of thousands - getting looted has to be dead last.

And their losses are almost certainly insured, and if not it's really the owner's negligence...

Also, what's a small handful to you? Best Buy Corp has $4.99B in inventory - if you assume 80% of that is in warehouses (probably a lot less) that's roughly $1mm of inventory per store (I'd bet it's closer to $2mm) and a Target is probably more - and that's just inventory, it doesn't count all the shelves, displays and other fixed assets that get destroyed by looters. And what about small businesses who unlike Target, don't have the resources to rebuild so easily? Even if they have insurance, it's not "no big deal" they still have all the clean up, rebuilding and restocking to do largely on their own. Their businesses get shut down for weeks if not months during these rebuilds. But hey, it's their own fault because they didn't have enough or couldn't afford insurance, right?

this is somebody's life's work and livelihood here (looting victim post Sandy)...
o-LOOTING-HURRICANE-SANDY-facebook.jpg

no big deal, someone will write them a check and it will magically take care of itself and if not, it's really the owners fault, not the criminal looters.

Last edited:
Burglary is breaking and entering a personal residence.

That was traditionally a felony.

entering a commercial business without authorization is trespass. stealing something is theft/larceny.

See in the past, common law as developed by normal human beings favored people
over commerce; breaking into someone's home is a big deal.

All that has been flipped upside down in late 20th/early 21st century America, where commercial, and especially big business property >>>>>> human life.

It all depends on who's doing the stealing.. Someone who lost their house and steals a Snapple to get something to drink or a loaf of bread.. Or someone going to a pharmacy at a CVS because they want drugs or taking a big TV at Best Buys.

People stealing while others suffers - its a big deal.

Last edited:
It all depends on who's doing the stealing.. Someone who lost their house and steals a Snapple to get something to drink or a loaf of bread.. Or someone going to a pharmacy at a CVS because they want drugs or taking a big TV at Best Buys.

People stealing while others suffers - its a big deal.

Why? I know Best Buy thinks it's a big deal... why do you think it's a big deal?

again... NOT SAYING THEFT IS OKAY... just wondering why some people want to focus on that, and not actual tragedies occuring in the same place like this.

"Well, hey, the people who died probably deserved it, but stealing TVs from a billion dollar corporation fully insured for the losses? Outrageous. yes, I am "pro life" why do you ask?

again... NOT SAYING THEFT IS OKAY... just wondering why some people want to focus on that, and not actual tragedies occuring in the same place like this.

"Well, hey, the people who died probably deserved it, but stealing TVs from a billion dollar corporation fully insured for the losses? Outrageous. yes, I am "pro life" why do you ask?

Death toll is 37. The overwhelming majority of the coverage I've seen has been about that and the damage caused. For what it's worth, I never saw anything about looting on the articles that popped up for me in google news or shared on facebook, and the story posted on this thread read to me like a jackass, not particularly talented reporter struggling to find a story.

Global News is Canadian.

Death toll is 37. The overwhelming majority of the coverage I've seen has been about that and the damage caused. For what it's worth, I never saw anything about looting on the articles that popped up for me in google news or shared on facebook, and the story posted on this thread read to me like a jackass, not particularly talented reporter struggling to find a story.

Global News is Canadian.

good reporters don't ham things up. like that other guy who was acting like he was being blown by hurricane force winds, and in the background two people casually stroll by without any effort.

death toll will only go up more, and depending on who's reporting, may or may not include indirect deaths, like those from people who couldn't get access to their medication.

My wife takes pain medication for her fibromyalgia and cervical stenosis, the latter stemming from being a passenger in a rollover car accident about 20 years ago. The DEA is now subjecting patients like her to submit urine samples monthly when she visits her doctor....just like as if she was on parole or probation. Plus the additional cost of analysis. She cannot obtain more than a month's worth from a pharmacy, so if she was in an area that is forecast to be affected by natural disaster like an approaching hurricane, near the date when she is due for a refill, she still would not be able to fill it early.

You didn't say theft is ok, you did however make the point that theft is no big deal because people are insured and that victims of theft were more to blame than the actual thief if they weren't adequately insured.

now you're trying to make the point that people are more concerned about theft than human tragedies. this is just a weak attempt to deflect from the stupidity of what you said earlier - no one has said anything remotely resembling this nonsense.

Last edited:
You didn't say theft is ok, you did however make the point that theft is no big deal because people are insured and that victims of theft were more to blame than the actual thief if they weren't adequately insured.

now you're trying to make the point that people are more concerned about theft than human tragedies. this is just a weak attempt to deflect from the stupidity of what you said earlier - no one has said anything remotely resembling this nonsense.

no, dumbass republitard, this is entirely consistent with my point in post #54, that looting is an extremely minor threat compared to the impacts of the hurricane, and at a time like this, it's absurd to pay any attention to it.

My wife takes pain medication for her fibromyalgia and cervical stenosis, the latter stemming from being a passenger in a rollover car accident about 20 years ago. The DEA is now subjecting patients like her to submit urine samples monthly when she visits her doctor....just like as if she was on parole or probation. Plus the additional cost of analysis. She cannot obtain more than a month's worth from a pharmacy, so if she was in an area that is forecast to be affected by natural disaster like an approaching hurricane, near the date when she is due for a refill, she still would not be able to fill it early.

Are you sure there are no exceptions for that? Virtually all prescriptions are limited to a specific supply, even non-narcotic stuff (presumably to avoid waste and other undesirable outcomes). We've always been able to get exemptions for early refills of prescriptions when travelling - I'd be pretty surprised if they didn't offer similar exemptions for pending natural disasters.

no, dumbass republitard, this is entirely consistent with my point in post #54, that looting is an extremely minor threat compared to the impacts of the hurricane, and at a time like this, it's absurd to pay any attention to it.

yes, leftist idiot - like many of your points, you are extremely consistently stupid and you're extremely consistent in mischaracterizing what other people say so you can hurl insults at people who have the gall to disagree with your extremely consistent stupidity.

yes, leftist idiot - like many of your points, you are extremely consistently stupid and you're extremely consistent in mischaracterizing what other people say so you can hurl insults at people who have the gall to disagree with your extremely consistent stupidity.

Well, thanks for admitting I'm consistent.

Burglary is breaking and entering a personal residence.

That was traditionally a felony.

entering a commercial business without authorization is trespass. stealing something is theft/larceny.

See in the past, common law as developed by normal human beings favored people
over commerce; breaking into someone's home is a big deal.

All that has been flipped upside down in late 20th/early 21st century America, where commercial, and especially big business property >>>>>> human life.

can you say retread law school?

https://legaldictionary.net/burglary/

https://legal-dictionary.thefreedictionary.com/breaking+and+entering

https://legaldictionary.net/breaking-and-entering/

from the second link:

Real Breaking and Entering Example

Brian Donovan Meade, a Michigan resident, was sentenced to five years in prison after being convicted on the charge of breaking and entering. He was also ordered to pay more than $8,000 in restitution to the victims of his crimes. Authorities were lead to Meade’s home thanks to security cameras that had been installed on the premises of The Beat Lab, a music school from which Meade had stolen electronics.

So, were you lying and hoping you wouldnt' get fact checked, or are you just a dumbass with a worthless degree from a third tier retread law school?

Last edited:
Back