Welcome to Detroit Sports Forum!

By joining our community, you'll be able to connect with fellow fans that live and breathe Detroit sports just like you!

Get Started
  • If you are no longer able to access your account since our recent switch from vBulletin to XenForo, you may need to reset your password via email. If you no longer have access to the email attached to your account, please fill out our contact form and we will assist you ASAP. Thanks for your continued support of DSF.

Hurricane's a comin'

Well, thanks for admitting I'm consistent.

I never said you weren't. And being consistent doesn't mean you're not a hypocrite, or an idiot.

edit: and just for the record, while you've been extremely consistent making unsubstantiated claims, blaming victims for not having adequate insurance really isn't consistent or even related to the point you're trying to make where you consistently pretend others disagree with you that human suffering is more important than property crime.

Last edited:
My wife takes pain medication for her fibromyalgia and cervical stenosis, the latter stemming from being a passenger in a rollover car accident about 20 years ago. The DEA is now subjecting patients like her to submit urine samples monthly when she visits her doctor....just like as if she was on parole or probation. Plus the additional cost of analysis. She cannot obtain more than a month's worth from a pharmacy, so if she was in an area that is forecast to be affected by natural disaster like an approaching hurricane, near the date when she is due for a refill, she still would not be able to fill it early.[/QUOTE

It's bullshit . As of right now I have to do a urine test once a Year. It wasnt so bad when had better insurance and paid Quest extra for premium lab service as our labs were free
But now that my wife is at shitty paying Spectrum we have to pay out of pocket for labs . It really adds up. Can't imagine paying once a month. Sorry your wife has to go through that .

Are you sure there are no exceptions for that? Virtually all prescriptions are limited to a specific supply, even non-narcotic stuff (presumably to avoid waste and other undesirable outcomes). We've always been able to get exemptions for early refills of prescriptions when travelling - I'd be pretty surprised if they didn't offer similar exemptions for pending natural disasters.

When I?m worried that I might not be able to refill my anti-psychotic meds, I tend to avoid traveling to places with pending natural disasters.

When I?m worried that I might not be able to refill my anti-psychotic meds, I tend to avoid traveling to places with pending natural disasters.

I guess I'm lucky - I'm usually able to get an early refill of my rosacea cream but if I can't, I don't turn into a murderous lunatic (unless there's a full moon, but that's entirely unrelated to the rosacea condition and currently not treatable by western medicine).

Back