Welcome to Detroit Sports Forum!

By joining our community, you'll be able to connect with fellow fans that live and breathe Detroit sports just like you!

Get Started
  • If you are no longer able to access your account since our recent switch from vBulletin to XenForo, you may need to reset your password via email. If you no longer have access to the email attached to your account, please fill out our contact form and we will assist you ASAP. Thanks for your continued support of DSF.

Lions pick up Ebron's fifth year option

He's a te. But you can't really compare him and a te like kyle Brady. Even during the draft the "experts" said "lets be real, he's a big wr" when talking about engram this year. I think they even compared his measurables to Brandon Marshall and they were exactly the same.

If you look at what quin is trying to do with the offense and make the run game more effective i was actually pretty surprised we picked up the option. He's no help in the run game and disappears completely in the red zone. Hes got 2 years to make money in his next contract.... let's hope he gets that contract motivation.

Kyle Brady??? Well, I fucking hope not lol. A TE can have the same measurables as a WR but he's still a TE. This argument is stupid. Not all TE's are the same, but they're all still TE's. And you can call these kids "big bodied WRs" all you want, brother!!! Until a depth chart comes up and it says WR/TE then this convo should be null and void. They are STRICTLY TE's on an NFL roster. Prove me wrong lol

And i'm not surprised they picked up his option. Brilliant move by Quinn actually. Cheaper to do so if EE goes off and this Roberts kid is no joke I guess. He could push the hell out of Ebron. Quinn does come from NE too. He was all about that 2 TE set going on. If Ebron falters, the search continues for that 2nd TE. Let's hope not lol.

Big bodied wr then

Ebron 18th for number 2s and 5th for number 3 WRs in yards. This is excellent production considering only 13 games and his targets due to other good WRs on the team

Lions are so good, the 10th pick is 3rd best receiver on the team. Plus boldin and Riddick deserved targets.
Tds in 2015 on less targets

Ebron is a good player. Period

What will it take for you to shut the hell up

900 yards and 5 tds?
1,000 yards and 7 tds?

Name your stfu production. Then sit back and watch

Last edited:
Fair enough, big bodied WR. That's a more apt description than a TE.

We don't agree much LKP, but I appreciate your willingness to think outside of a 1 inch box.

Last edited:
Yeah, I know. "retard, momo, (insert drinking emoji)", whatever stupid juvenile insults you have.

Just move on, I blocked you for a reason, save your efforts.

Yeah, I know. "retard, momo, (insert drinking emoji)", whatever stupid juvenile insults you have.

Just move on, I blocked you for a reason, save your efforts.

You're too easy ....lmfao. Takes ZERO effort to get you rattled lol

Last edited:
Then again Ebron was inline an awful lot. Didn't split out much with boldin in the fold. Now could be for 2017 with Roberts and fells added at tight end. Depends on golladay and how quickly he can play outside and move Tate to slot some

Lions can mix up their personnel nicely

Does it really matter if he's a WR or TE? His numbers don't change, he's still a Detroit Lions. I just wish he could block. Can this new draftee block?

Does it really matter if he's a WR or TE? His numbers don't change, he's still a Detroit Lions. I just wish he could block. Can this new draftee block?

Probably not, but he can catch touchdowns

711 yards is good for a number 3 wr or te. Solid for a number 2 wr. So yeah it's good at wr or te

And lions stacked at wr so Ebron gets 3rd or 4th amount of targets on the team. Good problem to have

I don't hate Ebron and maybe 8.5m isn't so bad. But a big guy like that should be getting more targets inside the ten. There could be a number of reason's why he hasn't.. If it's him, maybe 8.5 is too much. If it's the QB-OC-Scheme then I would why they picked up his option.

I like my TE to do two things, block & get a few TD. In-fact I rather have a blocking TE that nets about 350 yards but gets in the end zone 6 times a year.

I don't hate Ebron and maybe 8.5m isn't so bad. But a big guy like that should be getting more targets inside the ten. There could be a number of reason's why he hasn't.. If it's him, maybe 8.5 is too much. If it's the QB-OC-Scheme then I would why they picked up his option.

I like my TE to do two things, block & get a few TD. In-fact I rather have a blocking TE that nets about 350 yards but gets in the end zone 6 times a year.

3.8 million cap hit in 2017. Ebron was 9th in te tds in 2015. He can score. He had 2 tds in 2016. He can improve that, he has already shown that. Boldin had red zone targets. Riddick had 5 tds in 10 games so he got targets. Jones got a lot of redzone targets. Run the ball sometimes. Sometimes refs take Ebron tds away like Titans game. Only 13 games instead of 16 takes away opportunities. Ebron can have 5-7 tds this year. The talent is there for it. 800-1,000 yard talent too. Might not happen since there are other target worthy players on this team.

It kinda matters. He's a TE and people need to stop calling him a WR lol. It's annoying all to hell.
Roberts is a willing blocker but needs to work on his technique from what I have read.

It kinda matters. He's a TE and people need to stop calling him a WR lol. It's annoying all to hell.
Roberts is a willing blocker but needs to work on his technique from what I have read.

Roberts good in redzone. Roberts need work on his routes. Roberts is a good blocking fauria is what he will be as a rookie. And then he develops over the years hopefully

Last edited:

Ill agree he's a te. As long as you agree he doesn't do anything In the run game that a typical TE is supposed to do. He might as well be a wr in that case.

Kyle Brady??? Well, I fucking hope not lol. A TE can have the same measurables as a WR but he's still a TE. This argument is stupid. Not all TE's are the same, but they're all still TE's. And you can call these kids "big bodied WRs" all you want, brother!!! Until a depth chart comes up and it says WR/TE then this convo should be null and void. They are STRICTLY TE's on an NFL roster. Prove me wrong lol

And i'm not surprised they picked up his option. Brilliant move by Quinn actually. Cheaper to do so if EE goes off and this Roberts kid is no joke I guess. He could push the hell out of Ebron. Quinn does come from NE too. He was all about that 2 TE set going on. If Ebron falters, the search continues for that 2nd TE. Let's hope not lol.

I do hope we go more 2 TE sets.... might need to without boldin and it would mean Roberts plays his way onto the field.

3.8 million cap hit in 2017. Ebron was 9th in te tds in 2015. He can score. He had 2 tds in 2016. He can improve that, he has already shown that. Boldin had red zone targets.

He had one receiving TD in 2016. In week 1 against a terrible defense. Went the final 16 games of the season without scoring a receiving TD

He had one receiving TD in 2016. In week 1 against a terrible defense. Went the final 16 games of the season without scoring a receiving TD

9th in 2015. Good receiving threat

Back