Welcome to Detroit Sports Forum!

By joining our community, you'll be able to connect with fellow fans that live and breathe Detroit sports just like you!

Get Started
  • If you are no longer able to access your account since our recent switch from vBulletin to XenForo, you may need to reset your password via email. If you no longer have access to the email attached to your account, please fill out our contact form and we will assist you ASAP. Thanks for your continued support of DSF.

Lions pick up Ebron's fifth year option

10 red zone targets inside the 10 yard line since he's been here. I think it has to a lot to do with Stafford and coaches not trusting his hands and not wanting an Ebron turnover. I doubt this will change, and that's why they went out and got a real TE with good hands

10 red zone targets inside the 10 yard line since he's been here. I think it has to a lot to do with Stafford and coaches not trusting his hands and not wanting an Ebron turnover. I doubt this will change, and that's why they went out and got a real TE with good hands

If that is the case and I don't doubt it is then why the 5th year option? The Lions typically have 1 TE out there at a time.. Seems like a waste of 8.5m.

If that is the case and I don't doubt it is then why the 5th year option? The Lions typically have 1 TE out there at a time.. Seems like a waste of 8.5m.

Being 8th in TE yards is not a waste at all. Plus his potential is 900-1,000 yards for 16 games.

Roberts can't stetch the seam or get YAC on a cross. Roberts will find the holes in the zone and be a redzone threat. Ebron a big weapon for 2017 and 2018 at 3.8 and 8.5 million cap hits. And 8.5 could lower if they extend him before 2018 (which they should).

Option is only guaranteed for injury. Can be cut and rescinded if he is not hurt before the first day of the league year in 2018.

Last edited:
Being 8th in TE yards is not a waste at all. Plus his potential is 900-1,000 yards for 16 games.

Roberts can't stetch the seam or get YAC on a cross. Roberts will find the holes in the zone and be a redzone threat. Ebron a big weapon for 2017 and 2018 at 3.8 and 8.5 million cap hits. And 8.5 could lower if they extend him before 2018 (which they should).

Odell Beckham Jr 4,122 Yds 35 TDS
MUN 1,496 Yds 7 TDS

nice job.

Odell Beckham Jr 4,122 Yds 35 TDS
MUN 1,496 Yds 7 TDS

nice job.

Ebron was the higher rated prospect per anybody. Lions needed a TE way more than WR after adding Tate in free agency. Bad luck there with our needs at the time.

Ebron was the higher rated prospect per anybody. Lions needed a TE way more than WR after adding Tate in free agency. Bad luck there with our needs at the time.

He is a TE in name only. He does not block at all. So if all you can go off is yards and TD he is not worth the pick or the money

Option is only guaranteed for injury. Can be cut and rescinded if he is not hurt before the first day of the league year in 2018.

I'm not referring to yards. But if they went out and got a TE, better hands apparently, and Ebron seems to be the last guy they think of inside the 10 - even though he's the biggest I have to wonder..

It's fine you dig the guy but I'm trying to understand the situation..

I'm not referring to yards. But if they went out and got a TE, better hands apparently, and Ebron seems to be the last guy they think of inside the 10 - even though he's the biggest I have to wonder..

It's fine you dig the guy but I'm trying to understand the situation..

They didn't add more talent than Ebron with Roberts. Just a redzone guy that can block and catch a little. Ebron can catch a lot and make big plays. Also two tight ends can play a lot of snaps together or within a season.

The situation is Ebron is clearly worth the 5th year option. Also the league is stupid to have top 10 guys be worth more 5th year option than picks 11-32.

They didn't add more talent than Ebron with Roberts. Just a redzone guy that can block and catch a little. Ebron can catch a lot and make big plays. Also two tight ends can play a lot of snaps together or within a season.

The situation is Ebron is clearly worth the 5th year option. Also the league is stupid to have top 10 guys be worth more 5th year option than picks 11-32.

I don't see him as a top ten guy, maybe for yards. Unfortunately, for a TE TD and Blocking should count. Right? You might know this, I don't.. How many times did we have two TE out in the same field?

I don't see him as a top ten guy, maybe for yards. Unfortunately, for a TE TD and Blocking should count. Right? You might know this, I don't.. How many times did we have two TE out in the same field?

Most of the year we did not have 2 TE's worth putting on the field

He is a TE in name only. He does not block at all. So if all you can go off is yards and TD he is not worth the pick or the money

He is good compared to number 2 and number 3 wrs. Especially given his targets due to jones, Tate and Riddick being awesome. And 3 games hurt

He is good compared to number 2 and number 3 wrs. Especially given his targets due to jones, Tate and Riddick being awesome. And 3 games hurt

So were right there with the giants picking. They get one of the best Wrs in the league by picking AFTER us. We get a guy you are comparing to MAYYYYBE being as productive as a 2nd or 3rd option. Ya....listen to yourself talk one of these days. I think even youll agree you sound stupid.

Last edited:
Tony, i love that you love to argue. But, I bet if we got down to the base argument we would agree.....Simple question. Has Ebron produced at a top 10 level?

No, he hasn't. I won't argue that. I still think he's a good player though but has been hampered by some injuries. I also think this Roberts kid is going to push him...

So were right there with the giants picking. They get one of the best Wrs in the league by picking AFTER us. We get a guy you are comparing to MAYYYYBE being as productive as a 2nd or 3rd option. Ya....listen to yourself talk one of these days. I think even youll agree you sound stupid.

Doesn't mean ebron isnt good or worth pick 10. Giants are fucking lucky we added Tate and Ebron deemed better Prospect

Ebron is a good te and weapon and player

204 targets for Ebron. Because the lions have other good players plus some injuries

460 targets for Beckham. Because Giants had nobody else for 2 of 3 years and rookie Sheppard last year. Beckham their only option. Give me Calvin,jones,tate, Ebron every single time

Giants so deseperate they have old Marshall and reach for engram

Last edited:
U
And before you answer that question...lets just see who was still on the board at the time we picked MUN:

Odell Beckham with Calvin on his last legs
Taylor Lewan at a time our Ts were awful
Aaron Donald with the loss of Suh and Fairley on the horizon
Cj Mosely, Brandon COoks, Ryan Shazier....etc etc etc.

The pick was absolutely ridiculous just like most of us thought it was when it happened.

Playing the "I told ya so" game is sooooo much fun lol. So tired of hearing and reading this crap. We should of took this guy, this player is so much better...blah blah blah. The Donald pick I could have totally understood, but when we nabbed Ebron and they explained WHY they drafted him then I got it. They literally wanted to run the offense through him. Has it totally worked out as planned? Hell no but we still got a player that you can't sleep on as a defense.
Btw...I was on the Lewan train that yr. I thought it made the most sense.

Last edited:
Give me Tate in free agency and Ebron in draft over Beckham. Give me Stafford over Eli. Give me jones over Sheppard. Give me Abdullah and Riddick over Perkins. Give me lions oline

Giants offense scored 19.6 ppg. Beckham doesn't matter and he is a head case. Hope that kicking net knocks him out. Bitch wr

Last edited:
Cap hit will be 3.8 million this year. 3.3 million last year. Very much worth that. We'll see by 2018 if worth 8.5 million.

Ebron is 24th highest TE cap hit this year. Which he was 8th in TE yards. He is underrated.

Cherry picking your stats to prove your point doesn't work.

Ebron is 24th highest TE cap hit this year. Which he was 42nd in TE touchdowns. He is overrated.

See how that works.

Back