Welcome to Detroit Sports Forum!

By joining our community, you'll be able to connect with fellow fans that live and breathe Detroit sports just like you!

Get Started
  • If you are no longer able to access your account since our recent switch from vBulletin to XenForo, you may need to reset your password via email. If you no longer have access to the email attached to your account, please fill out our contact form and we will assist you ASAP. Thanks for your continued support of DSF.

Lions sign Stafford to 5 year $135 Million deal, highest paid QB, now restructured

If you are stupid enough to think Stafford is playing at the same level now as he did in 2013, 2014 I don't know what to tell you. If you think the only difference between then and now is that the team is better now so his stats are better you are delusional.

He use to be a strong armed, no touch, inaccurate, poor defense reading, guy who felt he had nothing to work on.

Now he is a strong armed, some touch, accurate 10 yards or less, average defensive reading guy who realized he has/had plenty to work on.

If you can't see the improvement from 2013 Stafford to 2016 stafford, you are blind. He was a poor QB. Now he is fringe top 10. Still needs to improve, but now there is more then blind hope to hold onto that he can be good.

If you are stupid enough to think Stafford is playing at the same level now as he did in 2013, 2014 I don't know what to tell you. If you think the only difference between then and now is that the team is better now so his stats are better you are delusional.

He use to be a strong armed, no touch, inaccurate, poor defense reading, guy who felt he had nothing to work on.

Now he is a strong armed, some touch, accurate 10 yards or less, average defensive reading guy who realized he has/had plenty to work on.

If you can't see the improvement from 2013 Stafford to 2016 stafford, you are blind. He was a poor QB. Now he is fringe top 10. Still needs to improve, but now there is more then blind hope to hold onto that he can be good.

if you're talking about LKP...I think we all know he is delusional

if you're talking about LKP...I think we all know he is delusional

I know. That's why I have him blocked. Sadly I could still read his comments since so many people responded. I fell back to an old habit. Back to ignoring the guy.

This is perfectly stated. If he doesnt make those improvements i honestly dont think he gets that contract and were probably at the point where we start finding a new QB. I think hes definitely in the conversation for top 10 qb now with potential to be top 5.

They worked on getting him a better oline this offseason....not sure if it will pan out that way with the Decker injury....but hey...they tried.

Moving forward i really think he needs almost a full compliment of new weapons:
Abdullah...probably a make it or break it year as being a feature back
Tate....probably should belong as a #2 in the slot if we had any decent weapons other than him. Put him on like 16 other teams in the league and thats all he would be.
Jones...hes good at getting open deep....we just dont ever throw it deep.

WR should be a focus point as a high rd pick in next years draft. RB you can usually get cheap on the open market if abdullah is injured again for a majority of this year.

I know. That's why I have him blocked. Sadly I could still read his comments since so many people responded. I fell back to an old habit. Back to ignoring the guy.

Same here. I made the mistake of unblocking him after I saw a few of his posts in others responses.

Now it's right back to he exact same schtik as always.

He was top 10. Now he is top 5 borderline top 3. He imoroved from good to elite

He was top 10. Now he is top 5 borderline top 3. He imoroved from good to elite

He was top 22. Now hes top 15. He'll be top 3 when Rodgers, Brady, Brees, Roethlesburger retire and no one else improves. Which will likely be never.

Opinions vary.. And as it was pointed out yesterday, 1 of 3 QB over 50% of his yards were YAC. 3 yard completion, then 8 yards, then 5 yards and 2 yards and 4 yards and maybe a 10er. He's basically Alex Smith with a better arm..

Opinions vary.. And as it was pointed out yesterday, 1 of 3 QB over 50% of his yards were YAC. 3 yard completion, then 8 yards, then 5 yards and 2 yards and 4 yards and maybe a 10er. He's basically Alex Smith with a better arm..

Fucking awesome lol. Keep it up bro.....please!!

That is a truly terrible assessment. Just really, really bad.

Recently? Who?

In 2016 Stafford was in the top 10 for completions over 20 yards. Smith didn't crack the top 20. I get that Stafford isn't heaving deep like he used to but that comparison is silly.

Keep comparing him to Alex Smith and saying all his yards are YAC Mitch.......

Keep comparing him to Alex Smith and saying all his yards are YAC Mitch.......

It's not a lie. I'm glad he can get the ball out short for bigger yards but it's not a lie. His game now is to keep it clean and not lose. I didn't fabricate that it's right there. Compare their stats the past several years and what you see, he's a better version of Smith but they're eerily similar.

153 for 11 or more yards for Stafford. 129 for Brady in 12 games

Let's compare Stafford to Brady

Brady short fields galore and had a run game.

Stafford did it all himself with long drives and no run game

Last edited:
153 for 11 or more yards for Stafford. 129 for Brady in 12 games

Let's compare Stafford to Brady

Brady short fields galore and had a run game.

Stafford did it all himself with long drives and no run game

please don't do this. It isn't even close.

Brady. 67.4 comp %, 8.23 YPA, 28 TD, 2 INT

Stafford. 65.3%, 7.29 YPA, 24 TD, 10 INT

Back