Welcome to Detroit Sports Forum!

By joining our community, you'll be able to connect with fellow fans that live and breathe Detroit sports just like you!

Get Started
  • If you are no longer able to access your account since our recent switch from vBulletin to XenForo, you may need to reset your password via email. If you no longer have access to the email attached to your account, please fill out our contact form and we will assist you ASAP. Thanks for your continued support of DSF.

Madden Football 2012

Beez said:
Man you must be a monster. On all pro I've been putting up like 28 points a game. 189 yards passing and 100 yards rushing. I throw like an 80% comp% but I cant go down field.

My last year playing Madden competitively I went 743 - 36

Now that I'm looking again at your sig, that guy sitting down with his mouth open. Lol.

Just killed the Packers, now 5-0. However I threw 5 ints that game, luckily threw 9 TDs won like 86-7. Held Aaron Rodgers to 7-26 98yds 1TD / 4 ints.

Sacked him 12 times, he was rattled.

Defensively I'm pretty solid at this one. I was simulating defense to just play some offense and try to get better but last night I played 3 of my games on both sides of the ball.

1st game held them under 160 yards of offense, 2nd game under 220 but they they had an 82 yard pass, 3rd under 250 .

Beez said:
Defensively I'm pretty solid at this one. I was simulating defense to just play some offense and try to get better but last night I played 3 of my games on both sides of the ball.

1st game held them under 160 yards of offense, 2nd game under 220 but they they had an 82 yard pass, 3rd under 250 .

Defensively, its really fun with the Lions DLine, Suh is always on the QB. And now in my 2nd year so many teams are starting young QBs you have a low "consistency" rating which means they get rattled quickly. I try my hardest to get at least two sacks on the QBs first 5 or 6 dropbacks.

I play with a drafted franchise so not many Lions, I did snag Suh with the last pick in the 3rd round and I'm better on defense as well. Offense can go either way but defense I'm solid unless I completely miss an easy tackle and the ball carried goes 60 for a TD.

[color=#006400 said:
Mitch[/color]]I play with a drafted franchise so not many Lions, I did snag Suh with the last pick in the 3rd round and I'm better on defense as well. Offense can go either way but defense I'm solid unless I completely miss an easy tackle and the ball carried goes 60 for a TD.

Is the drafting better in this game? I remember drafting in the last one and my team would be miles better than the next best team. 2 solid qbs, 3 starting rbs, 2 stud wrs, great line etc... same thing with basketball I would have like 9 starting players on my roster and it wouldnt be any fun.

I never do drafted franchises usually. End up doing about 20 franchises with different teams, then a few extra with the Lions. But I do remember being able to stock up on really good players. I remember the one year if you wanted to you get nab two of the top CBs and then the top two safeties.

Beez said:
[color=#006400 said:
Mitch[/color]]I play with a drafted franchise so not many Lions, I did snag Suh with the last pick in the 3rd round and I'm better on defense as well. Offense can go either way but defense I'm solid unless I completely miss an easy tackle and the ball carried goes 60 for a TD.

Is the drafting better in this game? I remember drafting in the last one and my team would be miles better than the next best team. 2 solid qbs, 3 starting rbs, 2 stud wrs, great line etc... same thing with basketball I would have like 9 starting players on my roster and it wouldnt be any fun.

I picked 32 so I grabbed my created QB and then with the next pick I grabbed my created CB and overall my team is an 82. Take that for what its worth.

[color=#551A8B said:
Rich what? Richmond![/color]]I never do drafted franchises usually. End up doing about 20 franchises with different teams, then a few extra with the Lions. But I do remember being able to stock up on really good players. I remember the one year if you wanted to you get nab two of the top CBs and then the top two safeties.

Safties are pretty easy to grab if you want them because since Madden first came out with franchise mode, safties don't usually go very high so you can wait on them.

In regards to CB, there seems like an awful lot at 80+. I'm always weak at OL because I usually wait on them.

I am in the playoffs again 2nd Season after going 16-0 again. The simulated about 6 of the season games and played the rest. The last game I sat out Stafford.

Btw Zoom, you ever thought about playing with the sliders so it'd be harder than All-Pro but not quite All-Madden? You still get the stats but you dont win by 80 points a game.

Yea I have manipulated the Sliders. Problem is no matter what difficulty I am on I will just take what the D gives me.

Game 3, I beat Minny 27-21. No thanks to two pick 6 in the third quarter. Now at 2-1 on the season. Keyplays, Brandon Jacobs with two rushing TD's and an interception by Aaron Berry.

[color=#551A8B said:
Rich what? Richmond![/color]]Beez to throw downfield is easy just have to know what the Defense is playing. Like Chicago is the easiest team to throw deep on in Madden, they always play Cover 2. So go twin formation and that inside receiver on deep routes will be open, or at worst 1v1 against the Safety. If thats the case just angle the pass away from the safety when you throw it. Simple. However be careful throwing it over the middle against the Bears, stupid Urlacher.

linebackers leaping into the air and grabbing the ball with one hands when im trying to throw the ball to a target 20 yds away from where they stand is getting slightly annoying. Stupid game...

Yeah with every game there is going to be things that don't seem right, happens with sports game more often. Just can't focus on the stupid things.

mhughes0021 said:
[color=#551A8B said:
Rich what? Richmond![/color]]Beez to throw downfield is easy just have to know what the Defense is playing. Like Chicago is the easiest team to throw deep on in Madden, they always play Cover 2. So go twin formation and that inside receiver on deep routes will be open, or at worst 1v1 against the Safety. If thats the case just angle the pass away from the safety when you throw it. Simple. However be careful throwing it over the middle against the Bears, stupid Urlacher.

linebackers leaping into the air and grabbing the ball with one hands when im trying to throw the ball to a target 20 yds away from where they stand is getting slightly annoying. Stupid game...

You shouldn't be trying to throw the ball over the LBs throw in between them or downfield. I know the LB leaping thing though gets annoying but I don't encounter it very often

I always get those CB on one side as I throw on the other side and he's like Speedy Gonzales defending the pass I just threw. Ugh.

I'm doing miles better than I was. I throw with ease now for the most part.

Back