Welcome to Detroit Sports Forum!

By joining our community, you'll be able to connect with fellow fans that live and breathe Detroit sports just like you!

Get Started
  • If you are no longer able to access your account since our recent switch from vBulletin to XenForo, you may need to reset your password via email. If you no longer have access to the email attached to your account, please fill out our contact form and we will assist you ASAP. Thanks for your continued support of DSF.

Madden Football 2012

Not too hard, twins I formation slants will be open no matter the defense. That inside slot WR running that quick slant will be open immediately in Cover 3, couple seconds in Cover 2, and Man he will be open at some point just wait for seperation and be careful of the LBs.

I always do well with the Lions dig. If I'm in a bind that's the play I like to run.

I love when the CPU is in Cover 2, its a field day passing the ball.

yeah I'm playing with the Panther in a franchise and have Cam Newton #1 in the MVP race after 6 weeks. 2nd in passing yards, tied for 1st in TD's, middle of the road in ints and like 450 yards rushing or more. Also #1 in the league for rushing td's. Deangelo Williams is like 6th in the NFL in rushing yards with T.O. having the 3rd or 4th most receptions.

Just finished my 3rd Offseason with the Lions. Haven't lost a game yet 57-0. Odd that in all my super bowl games a defensive player has won SB MVP. My last super bowl was against the Jets, and I actually had a hard time against them, check this I won 61-50 and my kicker had 6 FGs (4 of them 57+ yards)

Thats because in this game no matter how good anyone does, if a defender scores a td they're the mvp. This game is wack other than the actual game play. The commentary is the worse its ever been, the high lights are just one significant play shown 3 times instead of multiple clips. Its dumb.

And Zoom, I know some people enjoy playing defense but I have been simulating defense just to keep some competition alive. I know you score just about every drive but with mine, I've been in plenty of shoot outs. I lost a game yesterday 38-45 and have won some games by 3 after putting up 30+ points. A lot more fun for me than just shutting down the other offense myself and then blowing them out. I'm 5-1

Yea this was the first game I had trouble the Jets offensive line nullified my awesome Dline and they just ran the ball so well, then play action over the top. Very frustrating. Usually so far on All-Madden I can keep the opposing team under 24 points. However, there isn't a defense the CPU can put out there to stop me from scoring on about 90% of my drives.

Yea I love playing Defense, when I used to play online that was how people knew me.

Commentary has always been worse, it never keeps up with the actual game and its so repetitive and annoying. I wouldn't say the game is whack though outside of the gameplay, the offseason is amazing for me. I am challenged during free agency for the first time and challenged in the draft for the first time. I actually have to look into the future and draft guys to replace aging starters or players I won't be able to resign. Plus, the salary cap is real now the one offseason i had I was only under the cap by 10 million. Actually had to restructure deals, cut vets, etc.

I noticed that the offseason is much more difficult this year too. I had the same problems drafting and cutting vets. Trades are much more difficult to pull off too. It's about time.. And yes.. The commentary has always been awful.

[color=#551A8B said:
Rich what? Richmond![/color]]Yea this was the first game I had trouble the Jets offensive line nullified my awesome Dline and they just ran the ball so well, then play action over the top. Very frustrating. Usually so far on All-Madden I can keep the opposing team under 24 points. However, there isn't a defense the CPU can put out there to stop me from scoring on about 90% of my drives.

Yea I love playing Defense, when I used to play online that was how people knew me.

Commentary has always been worse, it never keeps up with the actual game and its so repetitive and annoying. I wouldn't say the game is whack though outside of the gameplay, the offseason is amazing for me. I am challenged during free agency for the first time and challenged in the draft for the first time. I actually have to look into the future and draft guys to replace aging starters or players I won't be able to resign. Plus, the salary cap is real now the one offseason i had I was only under the cap by 10 million. Actually had to restructure deals, cut vets, etc.

yeah it should be noted that the off season is much improved. But as far as in game presentation I should say, it's awful. Everytime I score they say the DB went for a pick and came up empty..at least last year I got some PAY DIRT! and SEE YA!... When I run draw plays with my RB they talk about how my qb is rattled and is too quick to tuck the ball and run...I touched on the post game stuff that sucks. You used to have the doritos crunch time play of the game or whatever and then a series of different big play high lights which doesnt happen anymore...they always say my qb wants to get going early and the home team needs to protect home field..this is by FAR the worst its ever been imo. It's always been a bit repetitive and what not but this is just dumb stuff. Also Collinsworth says Cam Newton is one of the most accurate passers in the NFL... just irritates me when I score and theres no excitement from the commentator.

You guys score a lot, more than I do - damn :)

But my defense is rather good. On All Pro anyway.

Maize&Cheese304 said:
"He's got run away from the cops speed" is kinda funny lol

Never heard that one :) But I do have it on the setting where Collinsworth and the other goofs are turned off. That's my favorite aspect of the game.

bavarianinnman said:
Is it just me But on special Team Bobby Carpenter is a beast and always gets the tackle.

Stovall always makes the tackle for me. Im still not having the easiest time passing....frikken linebackers can leap 15 yards into the air to swat balls down on deep passing. Short passes are cake. And god forbid if they bring a cb blitz you cant even get out of your 3 step drop before ur getting hit.

Yea I kept Carpenter for a long time considering he is like a 70 overall with the underachiever label.

Yea I like to turn off the commentary and just play music or 97.1 the Ticket or something.

Hughes, You should be able to see the CB blitz pre-snap. When you see it shift a TE over to that side and have him block towards the blitzer (instead of running a route). Then its like 1 v1 with a safety on CJ, a matchup anyone should be able to win. When going against teams that use the Cover 2, skinny posts work all the time. Have twin WRs, the outside WR runs a go route while the slot WR runs a post. It will force the safety on that side of the field to make a decision, once you see where he is leaning throw the to the other WR.

I hope they give the Lions some better ratings this week. I think they are extremely underrated on this game

baitnbat said:
I hope they give the Lions some better ratings this week. I think they are extremely underrated on this game

I don't think they upgrade them during the week.

I think they updated stats on players last week. Aaron Berry went up and I think a couple others.

Back