Welcome to Detroit Sports Forum!

By joining our community, you'll be able to connect with fellow fans that live and breathe Detroit sports just like you!

Get Started
  • If you are no longer able to access your account since our recent switch from vBulletin to XenForo, you may need to reset your password via email. If you no longer have access to the email attached to your account, please fill out our contact form and we will assist you ASAP. Thanks for your continued support of DSF.

MSU @ Indiana (8pm)

Really, it mostly is. Sorry if you like the guy, but if he can't throw over this pitiful d then we need to reevaluate our qb situation. He's been so bad on 3rd down that we can't sustain a drive and our defense is just gassed. The only plays he's made is when the d has a breakdown with his first read.
I guess we just don't agree. I'm not saying TOC is good by any means but I do think he's likely the best QB we have. The offense is bad overall, line play is poor, dumb mistakes, a few critical drops and bad QB play. Really all I'm saying is that there is plenty of blame to go around.

Really, it mostly is. Sorry if you like the guy, but if he can't throw over this pitiful d then we need to reevaluate our qb situation. He's been so bad on 3rd down that we can't sustain a drive and our defense is just gassed. The only plays he's made is when the d has a breakdown with his first read.

Yep and if you say IUs first TD was a terrible call that just happened to work out, you have to consider that our 2nd TD was a broken play that just happened to work out. There is no story to this game that isn't clear from the score. We're not clearly the better team that's being hurt by mistakes or anything like that. And it could get really ugly now with a tired defense after another 3 and out.

Last edited:
I guess we just don't agree. I'm not saying TOC is good by any means but I do think he's likely the best QB we have. The offense is bad overall, line play is poor, dumb mistakes, a few critical drops and bad QB play. Really all I'm saying is that there is plenty of blame to go around.

I agree it isn't all on him. The inexperienced receivers, the OL not dominating, and penalties are killing this team.

Dantonio deserves a heaping helping of that blame. The team hasn't been ready and lack of adjustments and changes is disheartening.

If LJ can get yanked, OL guys get changed around and yanked, why can't we change our QB?

O'Connor will have a chance to win it/tie it. Whatever it comes down to I'm excited to see this disaster unfold.

I agree it isn't all on him. The inexperienced receivers, the OL not dominating, and penalties are killing this team.

But the line is giving O'Connor time and he's not getting it done - he's missing way more guys than he's being victimized by drops. That's a problem that needs addressing. You habpve to at least try something else

That's 3 times IU receivers have been WIDE open in the shallow left corner of the end zone with 3 Spartans in the vicinity looking lost

Back