Welcome to Detroit Sports Forum!

By joining our community, you'll be able to connect with fellow fans that live and breathe Detroit sports just like you!

Get Started
  • If you are no longer able to access your account since our recent switch from vBulletin to XenForo, you may need to reset your password via email. If you no longer have access to the email attached to your account, please fill out our contact form and we will assist you ASAP. Thanks for your continued support of DSF.

New Golf Tour

Haven't watched golf since the initial talk of the merger. Fk. them.

Haven't watched golf since the initial talk of the merger. Fk. them.

I love golf, but I mostly only watch the majors. Once in a while I will watch a tournament on a Sunday if it is a really close match between some of the top guys.

I love golf, but I mostly only watch the majors. Once in a while I will watch a tournament on a Sunday if it is a really close match between some of the top guys.

That's the thing I loved golf too. Majors, non majors - off season. But at times you need to take a stand.

That's the thing I loved golf too. Majors, non majors - off season. But at times you need to take a stand.

I don't really have a feeling about the LIV tour one way or the other. I like some of the ideas they have, but it's too difficult to find on TV. I don't think I have watched any of it other than bits here or there. I do like the fact that it exists. It's probably the best thing that happened for the actual golfers (financially) since Tiger came on to the scene.

I don't really have a feeling about the LIV tour one way or the other. I like some of the ideas they have, but it's too difficult to find on TV. I don't think I have watched any of it other than bits here or there. I do like the fact that it exists. It's probably the best thing that happened for the actual golfers (financially) since Tiger came on to the scene.

How, splitting them up? Certain guys only playing in majors and missing Ryder cups etc. I was a Phil fan, he can go to to heck now, but no more watching him. Plus being paid my a dictatorship and murderers.

Last edited:
How, splitting them up? Certain guys only playing in majors and missing Ryder cups etc. I was a Phil fan, he can go to to heck now, but no more watching him. Plus being paid my a dictatorship and murderers.

I'm talking about how it was good financially for all professional golfers. The LIV tour competing with the PGA tour forced the PGA to increase purses. A little competition is good.

I'm talking about how it was good financially for all professional golfers. The LIV tour competing with the PGA tour forced the PGA to increase purses. A little competition is good.

Not like they weren't making enough already.. And how is this comepetion? They don't compete with each other. Many of the Liv people don't have the opportunity to play in the majors.. Missing from the Ryder Cup .. That's the opposite of competition.

Taking a great player like Rahm so he plays 3 rounds, stupid group play - and shitty tournaments. What'so fun about that.. ?

What am I missing?

Didn?t the Saudis just literally buy the PGA?

?If you can?t beat?em, and you got the loot, just hit the purchase button??

What am I missing?

What am I missing?

Didn?t the Saudis just literally buy the PGA?

?If you can?t beat?em, and you got the loot, just hit the purchase button??

What am I missing?

I Thought it was a merge. The saudi guy was suppose to be on the board of the PGA. Apparently it didn't stop LIV. I don't get it either.

PGA, LIV, no PGA, no LIV, ain't gonna stop me from playing through.

Playing or watching? Unfortunately my playing days are long over.

Playing. I watch only a few tournaments a year. More fun to go on You Tube and watch highlights. The Open Championship is about the only major I attempt to sit down and watch.

same. I'm even playing in a 19 week indoor (simulator) league this winter.

Once my sciatica clears up I'm back out on the course.

However, the last shot that I have taken, about a month ago, was a 92-yard hole out over two trees on hardpan on a downhill lie with a gap wedge maybe I should just stop while I'm ahead?

Last edited:
Once my sciatica clears up I'm back out on the course.

However, the last shot that I have taken, about a month ago, was a 92-yard hole out over two trees on hardpan on a downhill lie with a gap wedge maybe I should just stop while I'm ahead?

you're no quitter!

Golf is way to fun to quit. I will play until my body says I can't

Back