Welcome to Detroit Sports Forum!

By joining our community, you'll be able to connect with fellow fans that live and breathe Detroit sports just like you!

Get Started
  • If you are no longer able to access your account since our recent switch from vBulletin to XenForo, you may need to reset your password via email. If you no longer have access to the email attached to your account, please fill out our contact form and we will assist you ASAP. Thanks for your continued support of DSF.

NFC Championship Playoff Game: Lions @ 49ers Thread

No needs to bring up '91 any more or '93 any more. Good season, almost did it.

Last edited:
Why can?t Detroit improve, too?

They have some cap space. Players will be MUCH more open to play here. Holmes has drafted some really good players. Our defense could be A LOT better next year.

They can and maybe they will, just my feeling on it. Holmes has been awesome in the draft so hopefully that keeps up. I hope I am wrong and they own the division again.

Such a bummer you can?t give teams momentum. That?s why you kick fields goals sometimes.

Prudence dictates you get points whenever possible when ahead and in control. Campbell forgot that and didn't recognize the difference between the playoff game and a game in week 6. His tactical errors cost to the Lions a trip to the Super Bowl. This is not a trivial matter.

I was begging him to kick the field goals. Playoffs are not the regular season. You can afford to lose a regular season game. You cannot afford to lose a playoff game. I hope he learned that distinction, if there's ever another opportunity to play in the NFC Championship Game again.

Last edited:
They did it alot last few seasons. It?s stupid now because they know he is going to run the ball.

It was stupid every time. Watching him try to get cute instead of sticking with what?s working has been a problem all season. He?s a complete retard in the 3rd quarter EVERY fucking game. Im glad to see him go, and hope to god that him leaving is a definite

Plus another difference. SF qb can scramble. Goff cannot. It really hurts on the z3rd and 4th and short plays. He also can?t really throw on the run. His coach needs to bail him out and kick some damn field goals.

Prudence dictates you get points whenever possible when ahead and in control. Campbell forgot that and didn't recognize the difference between the playoff game and a game in week 6. His tactical errors cost to the Lions a trip to the Super Bowl. This is not a trivial matter.

I was begging him to kick the field goals. Playoffs are not the regular season. You can afford to lose a regular season game. You cannot afford to lose a playoff game. I hope he learned that distinction, if there's ever another opportunity to play in the NFC Championship Game again.

I said pretty much the same thing in # 386.

Here?s that we don?t have to wait another 30 years.

It?s just like dumb ass Pete Carroll at the goal line. If he hands the ball off they win back to back nfl titles.

They were gashing the 49ers still up 24-10 before we reverted back to being terrible in the 3rd quarter. Ben was so stupid to stop running the ball. Just run it till they stop you and kick the field goal or hit someone over the middle. Like maybe target St Brown. Nope dumb play calling like normal in the 3rd. Ben gets way to cute..Just don?t understand that play calling .

Last edited:
We have to fix tackling next season. We need to fix 3rd quarter issues badly.

I love Ben and he generally calls a good game. But up 24-10 they were gashing them on the ground. No reason to freaking go for the throat when the running game is working.

They ran the ball 4 of the 8 plays on the first 2nd half drive. Fumbled on the 1st run on the 2nd drive. Ran it on 1st down for nothing and went 3 and out on the 3rd drive. Then they were behind. So no, the running game was not working even though they tried running. SF clearly made adjustments

I think I got the worst father of the year award watching the 2nd half?Lol

Proud of this team and excited for the future!

Love all you guys on this board. Cheers to a hell of a year!

It was a fantastic and fun season. Shame how it ended but the Lions finally feel like a legitimate NFL franchise.

I hope DC learns from his mistakes tonight and we come back next year with an even better team ready to take on all comers.

It was a fantastic and fun season. Shame how it ended but the Lions finally feel like a legitimate NFL franchise.

I hope DC learns from his mistakes tonight and we come back next year with an even better team ready to take on all comers.

?Mistakes?? DC didn?t make any mistakes. Let?s just hope Reynolds follows the well deserved head coach Ben Johnson to Washington.

I really hope during the next Red Wings game we get a ?f*** Josh Reynolds? chant?

F*** Josh Reynolds and if your down w Josh Reynolds, f*** you too

Give me Arthur Smith as OC

Cut will harris.

Draft a DE opposite Hutch and 4 cbs.

What a waste...epic collapse.

Back