Welcome to Detroit Sports Forum!

By joining our community, you'll be able to connect with fellow fans that live and breathe Detroit sports just like you!

Get Started
  • If you are no longer able to access your account since our recent switch from vBulletin to XenForo, you may need to reset your password via email. If you no longer have access to the email attached to your account, please fill out our contact form and we will assist you ASAP. Thanks for your continued support of DSF.

Preview of the new clothes

josh200612

-d42aa4687f2e49b4.png

-bfc1a5f9ba5c80e9.png

-f2ac558f0db9f504.png

-9eb581b888074470.png

-1dcc951c8b57c56f.png

I don't like the font used in MICHIGAN ..

Not sure what's going on with that yellow shoulder in the 3rd picture either. Eh. That's fine. Not even close to some of the horrible things you can get from MDen.

ZU1100.JPG

Zubaz!!! Nothing really comes close to how horrendous some hats are these days. I'm sick of these motherfucking hats on my motherfucking plane!

hwl

hwl

hwl

I don't like the font used in MICHIGAN ..

I agree, but as gulo points out, at least it's not as bad as some of the other awful uni changes/proposals we've seen.

how do they get to tweak the colors? are the specific colors determined by the University, according to commonly used color standards?

only thing i would tweak is to put the pinstriping closed to the edge of the sleeve, but whatevs. by and large these look cool.

I won't be shelling out anything to Nike for them though.

I agree, but as gulo points out, at least it's not as bad as some of the other awful uni changes/proposals we've seen.

how do they get to tweak the colors? are the specific colors determined by the University, according to commonly used color standards?

From my understanding, Nike had a trademark on the Maize we used while with them in the past and they are just implementing it again. Probably gave it a new name for the hell of it.

The university has determined color tones for logos in print.
https://vpcomm.umich.edu/brand/style-guide/design-principles/colors

But as noted Nike had its we maize

I do hope the uniforms go back to, and stay permanently, this version of Maize.

2015%200706%20Charles%20Woodson_1436210888345_20916171_ver1.0_640_480.JPG

Last year was an upgrade compared to the highlighter yellow, but it was not Michigan Maize. You can walk through Schembechler Hall and see the history of the uniforms and we never wore Maize as dark and orange-y as last season.

they're the new Michigan State unis, I think. they gave up trying to compete with us, and will just be like the extra Michigan team.

Ha!

I kind of meant are they for coaches? Are they for sale to the public? If they're new Michigan gear for sale to the public I already have a lot of Michigan gear that looks quite similar-a lot of the same colors and letters and so forth.

Ha!

I kind of meant are they for coaches? Are they for sale to the public? If they're new Michigan gear for sale to the public I already have a lot of Michigan gear that looks quite similar-a lot of the same colors and letters and so forth.

Football and basketball teams will wear Jordan. Everyone else Nike. They will be available to the public. That's the whole point. Nike pays Michigan, Michigan fans buy Nike stuff.

Ha!

Come on, bro. You just have to go out and buy one of every item in the line. Any real Michigan fan would do it.

Football and basketball teams will wear Jordan. Everyone else Nike. They will be available to the public. That's the whole point. Nike pays Michigan, Michigan fans buy Nike stuff.

Why would athletes wear these? These are street clothes, not appropriate attire for athletic competitions.

What am I missing here?

Back