Welcome to Detroit Sports Forum!

By joining our community, you'll be able to connect with fellow fans that live and breathe Detroit sports just like you!

Get Started
  • If you are no longer able to access your account since our recent switch from vBulletin to XenForo, you may need to reset your password via email. If you no longer have access to the email attached to your account, please fill out our contact form and we will assist you ASAP. Thanks for your continued support of DSF.

Preview of the new clothes

s-l300.jpg

I have always been a fan of these b-ball jerseys.

I actually have to agree with turd - overpaying for nike michigan gear with the silhouette of a horrible human being that everyone associates with unc, one of the slimiest schools in the NCAA that is involved with one of the worst academic scandals in history AND that beat michigan in the NCAA finals is something to be avoided.

Imagine if uofm ever made it back to the NCAA finals and played UNC with Jordan on their unis and shoes and half the uofm fans in the stands with Air Jordan uofm gear with that slime ball Jordan sitting in the crowd. that would be a pretty bad look. Of course, there's a good chance Jordan will be dead by the time uofm makes it back to the finals (sorry, couldn't resist).

that said, ex-the Jordan stuff, most of this is a step up from the Adidas lines.

Last edited:
I actually have to agree with turd - overpaying for nike michigan gear with the silhouette of a horrible human being that everyone associates with unc, one of the slimiest schools in the NCAA that is involved with one of the worst academic scandals in history AND that beat michigan in the NCAA finals is something to be avoided.

Imagine if uofm ever made it back to the NCAA finals and played UNC with Jordan on their unis and shoes and half the uofm fans in the stands with Air Jordan uofm gear with that slime ball Jordan sitting in the crowd. that would be a pretty bad look. Of course, there's a good chance Jordan will be dead by the time uofm makes it back to the finals (sorry, couldn't resist).

that said, ex-the Jordan stuff, most of this is a step up from the Adidas lines.

Why does it matter where he went to school? The Jordan brand and logo do not represent UNC. They represent the man's company - a very popular company. The logo has been used by Jeter, some boxers, and other individuals and teams from other sports.

Should the Celtics complain that a Laker is the NBA logo? No, because it's just a logo and only represents the brand.

Why does it matter where he went to school? The Jordan brand and logo do not represent UNC. They represent the man's company - a very popular company. The logo has been used by Jeter, some boxers, and other individuals and teams from other sports.

Should the Celtics complain that a Laker is the NBA logo? No, because it's just a logo and only represents the brand.

no, you should mostly take issue with the fact that a slime ball's image is on your schools clothes, particularly on the football unis when that slime ball was a basketball player - so when you buy their overpriced merchandise you're supporting that slime ball. But, most people also associate Jordan with UNC - everyone is aware of that connection. It's not the main reason to take issue with the clothes but UNC does have a connection to michigan that most uofm fans would rather forget about so I think it's a bad look to have the image of their highest profile athlete on your unis.

Last edited:
All my Nike running gear is solid and lasts a while. I have some Nike Golf shirts and a pair of khaki shorts that are smoove.

very breathable

I wonder if that means their sourcing it from a nicer sweatshop in Bangladesh than their competitors source their gear from?

I wonder if that means their sourcing it from a nicer sweatshop in Bangladesh than their competitors source their gear from?

Not necessarily but they are being manufactured at this very posting with an enthusiasm unknown to mankind.

I've never been that brand loyal other than when it comes to snowboard gear. I've never been a "Nike vs Adidas" guy or bothered to wear UnderArmour for any reason. I usually just buy the basic stuff, but do have some Nike.

This whole thing was a bit overdone but effective - lots of off-season attention for the program, which isn't a bad thing.

I've never been that brand loyal other than when it comes to snowboard gear. I've never been a "Nike vs Adidas" guy or bothered to wear UnderArmour for any reason. I usually just buy the basic stuff, but do have some Nike.

This whole thing was a bit overdone but effective - lots of off-season attention for the program, which isn't a bad thing.

Knowing what I've learned about how apparel is sourced (no matter what the brand is, the same sweatshops in 3rd world shitholes are making 90+% of it), and how brands change over time (good buyers and quality control folks leave brands all the time and go elsewhere or get canned when some bean counter decides they should charge $X and cut $Y, quality and customer loyalty be damned)... knowing that, I just try to buy what looks good and isn't full price. if Nike/Adidas/etc happened to be sourcing tshirts and shorts from a better run sweatshop that season, and what i bought lasts a little longer, it's a nice bonus.

Also, that line that if apparel was all made here by unions we'd have to pay too much for it is bullshit. compare the price of high-end Nike's with New Balances (specifically the styles made here)... they're going to charge as much as customers are dumb enough to pay... cost doesnt matter. if manufacturing costs went up because Phil Knight had to source everything from union labor in decent working conditions, all that would change is he'd have a couple billion less in his grotesquely bloated bank account. the price he'd charge would be the same as before.

sorry... yes, rant over.

*steps off soapbox and runs from the Nike security guys heading towards him*

Last edited by a moderator:
Nike's marketing budget plus endorsements for 2015 was $9.2Bln, that's more than 4x New Balance's TOTAL SALES. And NB manufactures just 25% of their shoes in the United States (70% and 5% are made in China and Vietnam, respectively) and probably none of their apparel, although NB probably licenses it's brand for apparel. It's absurd to think Nike could simply shift manufacturing to the US, keep prices the same and hold everything else (besides those evil profits) constant. This comparison and your conclusion are totally false - this post is beyond meaningless.

Those people following you off the soap box aren't Nike security, their Bernie Sanders supporters wanting to invite you to a drum circle.

Last edited:
Back