Welcome to Detroit Sports Forum!

By joining our community, you'll be able to connect with fellow fans that live and breathe Detroit sports just like you!

Get Started
  • If you are no longer able to access your account since our recent switch from vBulletin to XenForo, you may need to reset your password via email. If you no longer have access to the email attached to your account, please fill out our contact form and we will assist you ASAP. Thanks for your continued support of DSF.

Quinn in as GM

Last edited:
Sounds like Quinn is really doing his Due Diligence and has essentially put the entire Lions organization on notice. I really like what I am hearing about Quinn thus far - obviously he hasnt done much yet, in terms of acquiring players/building the team, but he actually seems to have a plan for the future, not just roster wise, but organizationally as well. Its extremely refreshing to have a GM from outside of the organization come in with no loyalties, and just get shit done. This is a guy who has worked his way up to the (damn near) top of one of Sports best organizations through his smarts and hard work. Hes come in and trimmed the fat, and will continue to get rid of the people he thinks arent valuable to the franchise. Im thrilled to read this - and hope more people get fired as well. No more coasting in Detroit or Allen Park!

http://detroit.cbslocal.com/2016/01...-no-one-is-safe/?cid=facebook_97.1_The_Ticket

Last edited:
When your team wins, you are hard working and smart. When you lose you coast.

We really won't know what Quinn brings for a couple years. It would be interesting to know which players he was responsible for. Because for the majority of the years the Patriots sucked at drafting.

Quinn looking for his Welker? Appears Willis is a tiny little white dude.

Has 4.3 speed and actually put up some decent numbers in college. Special teamer/slot guy at best. File this under the "wait and see" category.

Surprisingly he's done a good job. When's the last GM that did anything here?

Mayhew built very good teams. starting from the Millen disaster. Injury bug and refs. A lot of the good of the Lions is Mayhew too.

Surprisingly he's done a good job. When's the last GM that did anything here?

Has he? How can you really prove that?

I think he's had a few good draft picks, he's had some pretty big misses (passing up on DC, Kamara). His first two picks last draft (Davis, Tabor) had pretty uninspiring rooking years.

I'd hold off on saying one way or another on anything he's done.

Has he? How can you really prove that?

I think he's had a few good draft picks, he's had some pretty big misses (passing up on DC, Kamara). His first two picks last draft (Davis, Tabor) had pretty uninspiring rooking years.

I'd hold off on saying one way or another on anything he's done.

I can prove it based on Mayhew, and Millen. Plus a host of others. Don't just look at guys that he passed on (others did as well), but guys he hit on. He drafted an All-Pro special teamer in round 5. He also had some other nice drafted guys.

Just saying he's done a nice job.

Last edited:
Well, after 2 years the team is really no better off than they were a few years ago. It's basically the same product. That's why I'm saying it's way, way too early to speculate as to whether or not he's a good GM.

And I have some doubt about a guy who's willing to keep double watch around.

Well, after 2 years the team is really no better off than they were a few years ago. It's basically the same product. That's why I'm saying it's way, way too early to speculate as to whether or not he's a good GM.

clearly, he is admitting he made a mistake by keeping Caldwell on as coach. As far as free agent signings and the draft...only time will tell.

I feel that there has been some improvement in the quality of the roster over the past 2 years. I think the coaching has hurt us more than anything else. I could be wrong, I guess we will find out with the next coach

Next year is going to be tough even with an improved roster. I suspect quin will have to wait ATLEAST another year before he gets any praise for post season success.

clearly, he is admitting he made a mistake by keeping Caldwell on as coach. As far as free agent signings and the draft...only time will tell.

Ok? But he kept the guy on... That's on him. Him "admitting" he made a mistake doesn't help his status as a GM.

Worrilow failed. Spence and Washington were average but needed to be better. Injuries to Ansah, Hyder and Ngata didnt' help. And Tavon Wilson for run D

Abdullah as the top back after injury along with very Injured Oline

The negatives of the team get a pass for injuries We'll see how Quin fixes them.

Marvin, Golladay and sticking with Ebron paying off for Quin. Mayhew is Tate. Got deals done with Stafford, Quin, Prater, Slay, Martin, Riddick.

Building the secondary but more work at CB2. And really Slay, Quin and Diggs is Mayhew not Quin. Other than re-signing Slay and Quin. Tabor and Killebrew need to take that next step for the secondary. Diggs is a Mayhew guy but the move to safety is good on the coaching staff. Lawson regressed after two solid years. Decision at CB to be made

LB good start but need development from Davis and Reeves Mabin next year. And need to add one more good backer or does Quin re-sign Whitehead again like he did in 2016 for two years. Whitehead was solid in 2017 at OLB but bad at ILB.

Oline made the big moves with Decker, Lang and Wagner and Glasgow. Needs some health and to fix LG once Glasgow moves to center.

Dline, LB, RB1, CB2 and LG. More work to do for Quin due to impending FAs, regression (Lawson) and injuries. Bring on year 3

Last edited:
Back