Welcome to Detroit Sports Forum!

By joining our community, you'll be able to connect with fellow fans that live and breathe Detroit sports just like you!

Get Started
  • If you are no longer able to access your account since our recent switch from vBulletin to XenForo, you may need to reset your password via email. If you no longer have access to the email attached to your account, please fill out our contact form and we will assist you ASAP. Thanks for your continued support of DSF.

Report: Lions and Suh NOT close to a deal

Don't worry Tom, if you don't agree with Tony he stomps around and hurls insults like he's back in 11th grade.

Swartz was a part of winning teams as well but we all know how he turned out as a head coach. Just because some of those guys were on winning staffs doesn't mean they are going to be good with the Lions.

Schwartz teams never took that next step either in the playoffs. He was an up and coming DC. Big difference from an experienced head coach like Caldwell. And Schwartz is better than you think too. Lots of injuries and turnovers to deal with for his defense. They never took that next step with one extra play.

I love this coaching staff. Great mix of experience and new creative OC/DC.

Schwartz 4 winning, 3 losing and one 500 season as DC for Titans.

Caldwell many winning seasons with Colts. One losing with Colts and Ravens. Won 2 Super Bowls, coached in another. Austin usually on a winner with Cards/Seahawks and Ravens. Lombardi part of winner with Saints most years.

Last edited:
No he's not. He's 29-51 as a head coach.

2-14 2009 was happening even with Bellicheck.

Screwed with Stafford injury 2010 and many injuries in 2012 for 4-12. He's better than you think.

Schwartz teams never took that next step either in the playoffs. He was an up and coming DC. Big difference from an experienced head coach like Caldwell. And Schwartz is better than you think too. Lots of injuries and turnovers to deal with for his defense. They never took that next step with one extra play.

I love this coaching staff. Great mix of experience and new creative OC/DC.

Caldwell was given the keys to a Porsche in Indy and he crashed it into a tree. Then the best job he could get was a QB coach.

Tom I already pointed that out but received the "lmfao ok" response. Ie, you are right and I can't counter that.

And saying "we got the better coach," what do you call that?? That's an assumption dude. Wisenhunt took Arizona to the SB, how can you make that call without just guessing? But go ahead and insult me and others, that's what you do best. Act like a 2 year old on this board.

What was Tomlin? Coughlin? Harbaugh? Those are legitimate Super Bowl coaches.

That's all you do is assume!!! lol.

And I call Caldwell a good coach, but you deny it because he had Manning? Wtf did Wisenhunt have in Arizona?? Only a future HOF QB in a guy named Kurt Warner. So shut the fuck up ;)

Tom I already pointed that out but received the "lmfao ok" response. Ie, you are right and I can't counter that.

I gave you my response. At least the Patriots had Cassell and he's serviceable. Caldwell had Curtis Painter and Dan Orlovsky. Give me a fn break

Does Whisenhunt get a pass for having garbage QBs his last 3 seasons?

Prove me wrong with what? Acting like a little child?

Caldwell is 26-22 as a head coach. He was a train wreck at Wake. Good coaches don't get canned after 3 years. Good coaches don't go from being a head coach to a QB coach. The guy does not compare to the coaches that have been mentioned time and time again in this thread. Maybe he will, and I hope he proves me wrong, but don't get angry when I tell you he doesn't compare to elite coaches. That's just a fact.

So go ahead and fire away with the F bombs and name calling because that's all you got.

And if you don't think the Lions settled on Caldwell, you are out of your friggin mind. If he was their #1 choice, they could have had him the first day the coaching search started. Not really hard to put the pieces together and figure out that after Wisenhunt said no, Caldwell came on board immediately.

How quick did they announce Caldwell after Wisenhunt went to Tenn? Wasn't it like 35 minutes?

Whether or not he's a good coach with the Lions is one thing. But to deny that he was Plan B is silly.

Nah, because when Brady went down in 2008, Matt Cassel (who is an above average QB at best) stepped right in and did just fine, because New England is such an established organization. When Manning went down, Caldwell couldn't do anything. You don't fire a "Super Bowl caliber" coach in three years.

He doesn't hold a candle compared to the names mentioned on this list.

Irsay was burning that season...suck for Luck...can't blame all that on Caldwell.

Back